3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

NVAX - Sector: Healthcare --- Industry: Biotechnology & Drugs

Started by fill_the_gap, August 25, 2005, 08:44:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stopthemadness

i'm like you REALDEALS21,

i got back in this week looking for some positive guidance to give nvax a good kick in the butt which it desperately needs.

it just seems caught between 3.95 - 4.05 last little while.

i'm tempted to move on... unless others think a rebound is till possible.

thanks

Terliso

Quote from: ad0150hi on November 08, 2005, 11:39:24 AM
who is David? where do I find his recommendations?

Actually you have to be a member to see his recommendations ;)

2ez

Wow....


This really pulled back at the opening.   Seems they all have.   

tokyopua

NVAX trading at 3.55 as I write.  I think its been discounted nicely by some apparent negative commentary from the Motley Fool and will bounce back in the coming days because they had a great conference call, and today announced today that they are partnering with CBMX on bird flu, demonstrating that they are indeed actively seeking partnerships and are, in the words of the CEO, "focused on the Avian Flu" like a laser beam.
Chance favors the prepared mind

2ez

News on Roche proiducing enough Tamiflu for 55m and the Motley fool comment must be the cause. 

tokyopua

Stopthemadness,

I think NVAX has taken a lot of punishment recently, its hard to see it going lower long term.  The flu season is starting, avian flu is still spreading, etc.

It went down on dilution, negative Motley Fool article, and correction from a big spike.  I would like to think that this is a bottom, so I am sticking around.  The CBMX story shows that they are not resting on their laurels even one day after the conference call.

Of course, I get daily profits from AOB that keep cancelling out NVAX losses nicely, so that is another factor in my decision to hold for better days.  But I once rode NVAX down to 3.34 with no other stocks offsetting HUGE losses, only to sell it at 4.60 on an average buy in of 4.06, so I have been handsomely rewarded for patience in the past too.

I made a list of my top 10 positives about the company and put it on my PDA and kept looking at them daily when my resovle was faltering looking at the message boards.  Had to look at it a few times recently admittedly, but I am still in. :D
Chance favors the prepared mind

logocovet

Did anyone else notice that the Fool article was an exact copy of a previous article only with some company names changed?  I think NVAX uas GERN in the old article.  The same acnecdote with the daughter buying biotech stocks.  Weird.   ???

Terliso

If NVAX won't hold ...i'll be buyer to the next support ;)

nocky

Quote from: Terlisa on November 09, 2005, 08:38:16 PM
If NVAX won't hold ...i'll be buyer to the next support ;)

thats my target also.. possibly low 2's....  watching for now

robt

About to meet the 50 day MA, good chance for a bounce there.
If you must smite, post why so I can improve myself.

REALDEALS21

Who is still in NVAX or bought in today ??

2ez

I still have some on the table my friend.    Didn't buy on margin.   

gielda2003

I have bought back yesterday at $3.57 and added today at @3.05. It looks like I am back a bit to early.  ::)
Next time, I'll listen to Terlisa   :) :)  It always makes sense to buy at support.
IMHO we should turn north soon, very soon. I cannot watch the market all day then I took my position now.

Gielda

gielda2003

If we go south tomorrow morning, then NVAX should bounce of the Major Support at the 50 day MA ($2.55). I'll be waiting to add to my position at $2.6.

Gielda

LiveLife

#629
Good evening,

NVAX is one of my 20-40 stocks I monitor.  I have been watching to see where the "bottom" will hit.  With the Avian vaccine contract frenzy dying down, NVAX will become more trendable and price more representative of the nano-biotech the company is.

"When will it rebound?" has been the question many have asked.  For this short-term swing trader, that rebound point is a very attractive issue.  Looking at the chart below, it may look like NVAX may rebound soon.  Will it happen soon?  I will be watching very closely in the coming days.

Good trading!
Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day - Teach a man to fish, you feed him for life.