3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

MKTY

Started by trajan, August 30, 2005, 02:26:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trajan

check out MKTY fuel cell, alternative energy sector on fire

snowcat

Interesting co., they make fuel cells for BUILDINGS! - lots of military interest

working on rt side of deep cup.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=mkty

But to quote Cramer - I think this company will profitable when oil sells for $400 a barrel.

Does not mean you cannot make a lot of money here tho!

cumulina

Hhere has been a nice activity of insiders buying lately: http://www.insidercow.com/

The stock is rising nicely.

How could I not buy?   ;)
Happy trading...

:)

Cumulina.

cumulina

It has been very quiet for some time about MKTY.

Now I bought some more  ;D
Happy trading...

:)

Cumulina.

Leaira

I almost bought some of this stock this week on what appeared to be a breakout.  Limit order never got filled.  Glad it didn't cuz look what happened today.  It went down 9% to 4.45.  Would this still be a good buy here (after bouncing off the 13-EMA), or should I wait a few days?

Leaira

singletail09

Quote from: Leaira on April 28, 2006, 10:56:45 PM
I almost bought some of this stock this week on what appeared to be a breakout.  Limit order never got filled.  Glad it didn't cuz look what happened today.  It went down 9% to 4.45.  Would this still be a good buy here (after bouncing off the 13-EMA), or should I wait a few days?

Leaira
Looks like the TAs are starting to turn positive, but a little more volume would be nice to see.  I'd wait a day or so and see what happens.  GL

singletail09

Quote from: Leaira on April 28, 2006, 10:56:45 PM
I almost bought some of this stock this week on what appeared to be a breakout.  Limit order never got filled.  Glad it didn't cuz look what happened today.  It went down 9% to 4.45.  Would this still be a good buy here (after bouncing off the 13-EMA), or should I wait a few days?

Leaira
ooops...was looking at the wrong chart!  Sorry.  I'd wait to see how the pull back goes.  The hang man on top and today's action might warrent a day or two on the side lines to see what develops.  Good luck with your trades.

Leaira

I may even try a bid at 4.35 and see if I can get it for that on Monday.  The indicators still look bullish, and the ADX/DMI still shows that it's in an uptrend.  The increased volume the last couple weeks suggests that this will see $5 again soon.

Leaira

Quasi

#8
Hi Leaira (congrates on your win)  and All,

Quote from: Leaira on April 29, 2006, 10:46:02 AM
I may even try a bid at 4.35 and see if I can get it for that on Monday.  The indicators still look bullish, and the ADX/DMI still shows that it's in an uptrend.  The increased volume the last couple weeks suggests that this will see $5 again soon.
Leaira   

Yes this one, MKTY, has been interesting.  I've owned it since $2.80 back in Jan 2006, back then I liked the volume action and the short term support at that entry point.  Also liked the company in general, especially the products in the miniature fuel cell area with military applications.  Great application of fuel cell technology for portable electric power source.  You can only transport so much energy in battery form, very low energy to weight ratio, but with fuel cells the energy source is a much higher density and thus very high power to weight ratio, great for the military.  Read an article once that they even have a prototype miniature fuel cell for use in a cell phone.

Made a couple of posts a while back on the Ascending Triangles board on MKTY, looking at the recent moves, sort of a mutant cup and handle or Asc Tri, see the following if interested;

http://www.3stocksonfire.org/trading/index.php?topic=4712.msg57652#msg57652
http://www.3stocksonfire.org/trading/index.php?topic=4712.msg55900#msg55900

With respect to MKTY now, I'm still holding, although concerned about the action Thursday with that long tail candle and then the action Friday,  volume so so, I'm looking at it as some profit taking and a pullback to establish some new support, will confirm as we go along, or I'm getting out for now.  I agree with you that we should see some support in the low $4 range, depending on my gut market feeling at that point I will add to my position, however if we get a break and  close on high volume below $4 and I think I will be locking in some profit and look for new entry.

Also interesting that a pullback to the low$4 range would correspond to a 38% or a 62% retracement of the last run, depending on which start points you want to use, may add some more importance to that area.   The other area of concern is the high traffic area in the $5 to low $6 range, as shown on the weekly chart.  Will probably stall and consolidate for a while in this area.

Charts below will help to show my analysis.  MKTY daily and weekly.


happy trading / investing
Quasi

JMHO subject to change without notice,
Happy Investing / Trading

Quasi

Leaira

I still didn't get into this stock.  I don't want to catch a falling knife.  Maybe if this shows consolidation in the low 4's, then I might get in.  I don't like to hold stocks that have closed below the 20EMA.

Leaira

Quasi

Hi Leaira

I hear ya, MKTY is a risky entry at this point today.   I'm still holding, that lower candle shadow gave me some hope today, but if it closes below $4,  I'll be looking for an exit on the bounce.  But for now I would like to see a little consolidation here with some improvement in the indicators, willing to give it alittle room, remember I'm in at $2.80.

Tech in general right now, along with most of the market is looking a little risky.  Trying to prepare exit plans for many stocks just in case we get an overall correction.  Wouldn't take much right now to start an avalanche, thats what worries me going into the summer.   USD$ in bad shape, wiping out alot a gains on US stocks, looking at moving some currency back into CDN$ on the next major bounce.  USD based commodities surging, gold, silver, oil, copper, palladium etc, ( partially due to dollar tanking).  AD line on blue chip declining, AD line on small cap rising, VIX low no fear, too much Bullishness, reminds me of irrational exuberance of 2000, make me real nervous.   Went to about 50% cash over the last couple of months, the remaining is mostly oil / gas, gold and palladium with about 15 other minor plays.  But being very very selective on any new plays right now.


happy trading / investing

Quasi
JMHO subject to change without notice,
Happy Investing / Trading

Quasi

cumulina

I have burned my fingers before on this one...
I think I remember at one time buying in at 5.10  ::)
But with this late move, MKTY deserves to be dusted off and mentioned again.

I do not own it now... ;)

It is trading at 1.79 as I write this.
Happy trading...

:)

Cumulina.

setravis

Don't know what to say anymore about the creation of a new thread,
when that person could have used the search and posted their message here. ???
Simplicity...... ;)
"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis