3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

IDSA

Started by Ramsburg, September 07, 2005, 12:02:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coolwood

Just recently started with 3 stocks and pennies on fire.
First three close outs for me

oxfv - 62.07%
nwre  -1.40%
idsa -10.72%


:o

I think I am on fire.

Curwood ;D

Prfsr Hal

Coolwood

hang in.  Probably it can't get worse.

stocky

#17
Dear CoolWood, Well I think it can 'always' get worse then one think.

In gold old days I had huge losses accumulating on some of my positions when I gave room to my loosers. Not anymore. I sell when I have stock reaching my pain threshhold level. Which is at the moment 10%. I dont have any suggestion on your holding but I myself sold half of my portfolio today, including NWRE [at break even].

The bottomline is 'capital preservation' to stay in the game.

Goodluck.


Ramsburg


Sold IDSA @ $5.70
Reason: Closed below $5.80 yesterday
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

keepsavi

Hello there Im new to the board and love this service, I plan on making a donation after I am back in the black. I have previously purchased a few other stocks recommended on this board and was near break even. 

Unfortunatly, I did not sell this stock in time and planned on holding it into next week

However after 6 pm e.t. The stock plumented roughly 40% in after hours on panic selling when Home Depot announced that they will allow IDSA contract to expire on Oct 31st. 

On the yahoo boards some say that this could actually be good for IDSA in the long run since they are a waste disposal company they can pursue contracts related to the Cleanup from Katrina. 

Perhaps the stock will get bid up before the opening bell.  If not then I will sell half of my position for a hefty loss and buy back in if it goes much lower. 

This could be a fantastic buying opportunity on Monday.

Anyways Yall are the best, I will subscribe if I don't get my donation in by Halloween.

Keep up the good work. 


stout7735

#20
After hours today reached a low of $3.00...I dodged the bullet by never buying this stock...In their quarterly report dated 8/4/05,they warned that more than half their revenue was derived from the Home Depot contract... :o

KCScott

Quote from: keepsavi on September 16, 2005, 06:59:12 PM
On the yahoo boards some say that this could actually be good for IDSA in the long run since they are a waste disposal company they can pursue contracts related to the Cleanup from Katrina. 

Perhaps the stock will get bid up before the opening bell.  


I'll cut you a great deal on a 1,000 shares right now- And then let's talk about this Bridge I own  :P

Damn..... I really liked this as a "hurricane play" too.

If HD ccounted for 50% of their revs, then I'm thinking the market will value this at 50% of it's close (or less) - I'll call $2.40 the floor for Monday - maybe worse.

Those that think money can't buy happiness, don't know where to shop

robt

Keepsavi, hope should not be part of the equation in a stock transaction! Never!

Believe me, most of us have hoped away a lot of $$$. It's no good.

I don't know enough about IDSA to figure how likely they'd be to get a Katrina contract, but as you own the stock, you should do some real research this weekend to figure what you can about this company's prospects, and sell accordingly. If you think it's going lower, why sell only half? If you think this company can bring your money back, and want to "keep it on the radar" then keep ONE share. If that share moves to your liking, then it's just as easy to buy the whole position back as it is to buy half.

I believe waste disposal is a seven-day-a-week business, in your position I would try calling them Saturday, though you probably won't find a company officer available, talk to whoever answers, you never know.
If you must smite, post why so I can improve myself.

stockgranny

I have over a 51% loss on idsa since I did not buy at 6.25 but I'm in at 6.60.  Since I'm new to 3sof I guess I took Frederick Ramsburg literally.  I"ve reread his post again and it does say we had a  good chance for 7.50 to 9.00.  I was unabe to sell when he did so now I too am wondering what to do.  My loss is great so any information would be appreciated.  Thanks!!

keepsavi

to hedge against my impending loss I will consider using a possible straddle option strategy where you will make profits as the volitility increases.  This should be one of the most volitile stocks on the market in the coming month as contracts for the hurricane cleanup are awarded. 

irod

#25
Quote from: stockgranny on September 17, 2005, 06:08:50 PM
I have over a 51% loss on idsa since I did not buy at 6.25 but I'm in at 6.60.

:(

stockgranny

Thanks Keepsavi, but I am not smart enough to do options but appreciate your advice.  I'll see what happens this week but I have learned a lesson from this. 
Good luck to you too.

keepsavi

Looks like support at 3.5 and resistance at 4.5, until we get some news

keepsavi

Dear Stock Granny hope you havnt sold we had another +10 move in after hours cutting our expected losses from the original 40 to 20% , I havn't sold yet or done the options but for now I will wait and then sell some to limit my eposure.  In the next month I still think that this stock will go much higher then much lower then much higher then possibly lower so get your exit strategy ready.  This could be a good opportunity but it's not for the faint of heart

best of luck


setravis

oh, and it got sold.....
"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis