3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

The New Closed Trades Archive

Started by Ramsburg, September 18, 2005, 02:52:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramsburg

Following the suggestion of some of our members, and with the purpose of simplifying the browsing of our message boards, we have just created a new message board:
- Closed Trades Archive

This new board is where we move the finished trades topics, after we close down our position on the Main portfolio. Eventually, if we buy back some of these stocks, we move the correspondent topic back to the Main Portfolio message boards while we have that position opened on our portfolio.

We hope you all enjoy this new organization system. This is just an informative post for those who are asking where does some specific topic was moved to.

Best regards,
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

Michael

#1
David and Fred

I appreciate the attempt to make 3SOF easier to navigate but I find the name for the new board: <Closed trades archive> a bit presumptuous.

Many of these shares are certainly still on fire like AOB, VPHM, DNDN etc. etc. and many members still have open positions in these stocks. If you want to separate these stocks from 3SOF's open positions couldn't we find a better name like <previous picks> ?

Even though I really appreciate the insight and experience offered by both of you this forum is so much more than that and the name you have selected kind of indicates that those picks only have historical interests and nothing could be further from the truth. In fact some of those threats offers extremely valuable and updated information for both existing members and newbies.

I would also like to suggest that the board is moved from the premium service area to the public area.

Mike
Michael Bang Koenig
www.3stocksonfire.org


      Join our Message Board.

stocky

Yes I agree with Michael. I have 'TRADE HISTORY' list name for all my previous/closed trades. This benefits in two ways:

1. Learning from HISTORY [instead of closing out ]
2. Keep my interest in them, [History repeats itself ]

Just a suggestion.

valueseeker

Another suggestion is to keep the open trades as % gain in the 3SF portfolios as well. It may help to mitigate the need to sell off some stocks that are short term bearish but long term very bullish (i.e. VPHM and AOB when 3SF sold them).

Ramsburg


Hi Michael,

I'll talk with David about this, but I agree that the name «Previous Picks» is better, so tomorrow probably we'll change the name of the board.
It will stay inside the Premium zone, but will be open to every member (it will be 100% public).

thanks
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

dmdray69

Hello David and Fred,
I've been a subscriber for almost a year now and this is my first post.  Basically, have been a fly on the wall.  I really appreciate your insights as well as the insights of many of the other informative subscribers here that compliment your work.  I've told many about your site and I wish you continued well-deserved success.
     I still follow some of you past picks and was wondering if you have thought about re-entering HSOA (seems unfairly beaten down with crazy growth and heavy short interest) or Nutracea (which has traded down from earnings but has great future growth potential)?  I would appreciate any input you could give.  Thanks for your hard work!! 
Ray

David Randolph

#6
Hello Ray, thanks for your first post, nice to meet you  :)

I already made an analysis on NTRZ, you can check it out on the Penny Stock Picking Board. I didn't thought it was attractive.

HSOA is very interesting, I'll study it tomorrow, thanks for the tip  ;)

nygal321

Thank you for the GREAT PICK on OFI. I bought some shares on Friday. I have used other services in the past and NONE has been as well thought out as this one..

Continue the good work and lets all make some MONEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY


David Randolph

The threads of the closed trades are sent to the Previous 3 SOF Picks message board, in case you want to continue discussing them.

I'll also keep an eye on them ;)

BigSully1


David Randolph

Quote from: BigSully1 on October 15, 2007, 02:33:46 PM
Has NTES been long forgotten? It's been rising on strong volume.

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=NTES&p=D&b=5&g=0&id=p28201656469

Not just that one, what about SNDA, EXM and TBSI? :o

Stocks that I bought recently and held for some time were good picks. Too bad my hands weren't as strong as they are today.

BigSully1

We've all sold some, we wish we hadn't. I wasn't trying to rub it in. Think I'll take another look at NTES again though.