3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

CUP

Started by saffeysite1, September 18, 2005, 05:34:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saffeysite1

Peru Copper is involved in the acquisition and exploration of potentially mineable deposits of copper in Peru. On June 11, 2003, Peru Copper entered into the Toromocho Option Agreement ("Toromocho Option") with Empresa Minera del Centro del Peru S.A. ("Centromin"), a Peruvian state-owned mining company, whereby Centromin granted the Company the option to acquire its interest in the mining concessions and related assets of the Toromocho Project.

Keep on watch.

rocket8

what is your buy criteria?

saffeysite1

1.  $1.55 is the 9 ema.  That's where I buy when a stock is bullish.
2. RSI turning back up and staying above 50.
3. Volume >200K
4.  Chile and Peru have some of the best copper mines to date.

= BUY today

Lucas Scott

#3
Gorgeous chart on CUP. I'd love to buy some on a pullback to the trendline or if RSI touches the support line at ~50 again. If it breaks out of the symmetrical triangle I'd also be a buyer. The volume spike in early December tells me more good things are in store for this stock in the next several months.
GO IN THAT HOUSE OF PAIN THAT YOU SEEM TO WANT TO BE IN, BUT GET AWAY FROM ME.  I'M TRYING TO WORK, DAMMIT.

metro

very nice call on this one - also like chart and nice move today -- thanks a lot

the next 10 years will likely be very good for commodities -

copper has made a nice run but demand will continue to increase

masternic35

Good analysis :)

I just bought it at 3.09 (I think it broke above the triangle...) with a Stop order @ 2.7

lets see how it goes

Lucas Scott

I took a position at 2.95. It hadn't broken out yet but it was pushing the top of the triangle and the volume was good so I went for it.
GO IN THAT HOUSE OF PAIN THAT YOU SEEM TO WANT TO BE IN, BUT GET AWAY FROM ME.  I'M TRYING TO WORK, DAMMIT.

OneStockMind

Came very close tot he 50 day MA today.
I'll be watching it tomorrow and thinking to get in.
Really like the chart.

Jimbo

OneStockMind,

I'm a bit worried about that one  ??? 
It's true it did bounce from the 50MA today, but I see a broken trend line as well. I would like to see some confirmation first before taking a position - even if it means paying a higher price. IMHO  ;)


Good luck
:)

Stocksquire

nice day today.  CUP released positive news about an insider buying, and there was good volume tody.  it had trouble with the 20dma at $2.74, but I am looking for it to continue in an uptrend and take out the 20dma soon.  I would be suprised if CUP doesn't get back to $3 within the next week or two.  Of course, the price of gold and copper will have some say in what direction the stock goes.


metro



Guess I had posted in wrong place but agree as it is good place to buy. Buying near support is good as you can keep pretty tight stops.

the trend line and the 50-Day EMA have been good support in the past and so far all is good.


Lucas Scott

Nice move for CUP today, up 13% and breakout of the triangle. Will be interesting to see where it goes tomorrow. It's up against the top Bollinger Band as well as some resistance at $3.10 so I kind of expect a pullback. If it powers through $3.10 then we could see $3.50 right quick.
GO IN THAT HOUSE OF PAIN THAT YOU SEEM TO WANT TO BE IN, BUT GET AWAY FROM ME.  I'M TRYING TO WORK, DAMMIT.

Holygrale

Rumors of a potential buyer circling on the yahoo message board.
1) with UBS crunching numbers
2) listing on LIMA exchange
3) Insider purchases of $2+ million by co-founder and metals legend David Lowell

I have to admit, they have some Impressive potential, with feasibility study due in 1st qrtr of 06'.

and the chart looks good too and appears to be trending up ..........

This might be the case of buy the rumor................

Looking to take a position in the a.m................

Terliso

Quote from: Holygrale on February 03, 2006, 01:59:49 AM
Rumors of a potential buyer circling on the yahoo message board.
1) with UBS crunching numbers
2) listing on LIMA exchange
3) Insider purchases of $2+ million by co-founder and metals legend David Lowell

I have to admit, they have some Impressive potential, with feasibility study due in 1st qrtr of 06'.

and the chart looks good too and appears to be trending up ..........

This might be the case of buy the rumor................

Looking to take a position in the a.m................

I like the chart on this one ;)

Lucas Scott

Quote from: Terlisa on February 03, 2006, 02:16:04 AM
I like the chart on this one ;)
I have a double position right now. But I like the chart so much I might take a third. I'm a glutton for good charts.
GO IN THAT HOUSE OF PAIN THAT YOU SEEM TO WANT TO BE IN, BUT GET AWAY FROM ME.  I'M TRYING TO WORK, DAMMIT.