3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

One Stop Shop for Updates Suggestion!

Started by jb, September 20, 2005, 09:09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb

Hi David and Frederick,

I originally emailed this you all, but I have recently found out that some of my emails have not been landing in recipients boxes for some reason, so I figured I would post this here just in case.

My suggestion is this:

Two new message boards (read only) strictly dedicated to updates for the stocks on fire portfolios.

From reading a lot of the posts, I have come to the conclusion that people are having a hard time finding the updates.  There are 2 reasons I can think of for this, the first is, a lot of people are just not used to message boards, navigation becomes difficult, etc.  The second is that sometimes the update posts simply get lost in the shuffle with the rest of the posts.

I think implementing these 2 new update boards will be mutually beneficial to everyone involved. Both of you will be fielding a lot less emails, with more time to dedicate on analysis, the rest of us will have 1 single place to find updates from you two, click on the board and there it is, a list of the stocks, showing only the initial buy recommendation, all the updates in between, and the closing post.  Absolutely no confusion at all, no searching for the posts, no emails or posts to you guys saying where are the updates, etc.... everyone is happy.

I am not saying to abandon the regular portfolio boards at all, I still think the original recommendation post should go in its related board as this gives people an opportunity talk and comment on it, as well as receive "intraday" comments from you both.  Intraday posts stay in the respective boards, and only the daily analysis (update) posts will be in the 2 new boards I am suggesting. 

I feel strongly implementing this will add some value to the service and subdue any hesitancy that may exist to joining if this central location is established.  A lot of people work during the day or are runnign around like crazy, with the new update boards in place, no problem!! hit the site, go to updates board, pick your stock(s), voila!! the last update! Conveinant and easy for everyone.

If you both decide that this is a good idea, is there a way to have David's posts copied over automatically? If there isnt, and you have to copy the post and paste it manually on that board,  I think it will still be worth it for you guys.  I dont know enough about the programming behind message boards to even know an auto copy on posts you choose is available.

I hope you find this a good suggestion, I mentioned this to several people that I have introduced to your service and they all seemed very receptive to it.

Thanks

jb






stockgranny

I agree completely since I am one of the ones you speak about.  I have a difficult time when I'm in a hurry to find just David's post.  Hope something can be done to make it easier for everyone with similar problems.   :)

cumulina

#2
I think your suggestion is a good one.

I live in Europe, and therefor have a couple of hours to go trough the boards befor the market opens. That helps.

But your suggestion would certainly simplify matters.


I also wish something could be done about the "search-function".

Good thing we haven't had to search for F yet! That'll bring up 83 pages!!! ;D

Cheers.
Happy trading...

:)

Cumulina.