3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

SWIR

Started by PerfectSage, September 21, 2005, 05:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwest718

Yes... I think we agree now  ;D  I don't have a margin account so I can't short but I will be watching like a hawk on Monday and Tuesday.  If SWIR pushes towards 14.00, I will tighten my stop a lot and after it bounces off 14.00 I will sell my shares.  I will then buy back as much as I can between 10.60 and 11.40 because this thing is a great long term buy and in the mean time will be tradeable in the 10.60-14.00 range for about 6 weeks I would guess.

Terliso

I'm still waiting for my entry but SWIR keeps sliding slowly :(

la-onda

update;
Sierra Wireless upgraded to "buy"

Thursday, October 19, 2006 11:19:27 AM ET
Research Capital
NEW YORK, October 19 (newratings.com) - Analyst Nick Agostino of Research Capital upgrades Sierra Wireless Inc (SWIR.NAS) from "hold" to "buy." The target price has been raised from C$15.75 to C$20.50.
In a research note published this morning, the analyst mentions that the company is expected to post its 3Q revenues, scheduled to be reported on October 26, in-line with the consensus and the guidance. The analyst expects Sierra Wireless to issue robust revenue guidance for 4Q, ahead of the current estimate. The upgrade in rating reflects the dissipation of the technology transition risk that the company faced in 3Q, Research Capital adds. The target price has been raised to reflect a shift in the base year, the analyst says.


Gap to be filled up to 15$ + ?

cheers
Oliver

Melf Elf

#33
Oliver,

SWIR sure seems to have a predilection for H&S patterns.  It's broken out of one for the THIRD time in six months.

If you scroll up and look at my first chart posted on July 29, 10.95 was IN PLAY.  That target MADE, and interestingly, both the Right and Left Shoulders of this current pattern are 10.97, right near that target number. 

Quote from: la-onda on October 22, 2006, 01:34:52 PM
Gap to be filled up to 15$ + ?

The current Bullish Inverse H&S pattern measures to 14.98 (Math is on the chart).  The secondary low of the Symmetrical Triangle (Blue #3), prior to the gap down, was 15.10, so that looks doable.

This pattern broke out on October 12, crossing 12.73.  The close was 12.74.  SWIR also broke above the  down trendline off the 21.367 high.  I don't make much of those "breakouts" when the descent is so sharp, but it seems to help if there also is a pattern, like this one.

Notice that SWIR pulled back toward the neckline and that blue down trendline.  It closed slightly below the neckline on October 18, putting the upside target ON HOLD, but it rallied again, so 14.98 is back IN PLAY.

I'll show you a close-up of this pattern next post.

Melf Elf

Oliver,

SWIR now could go into a Bull Flag, or a Bullish Falling Wedge (black lines) and re-test that blue down trendline off the high.  It also could test its 50DMA (dotted green line), but I wouldn't like that since it would put the stock back below the breakout and back below the blue down trendline.

As long as SWIR remains above the neckline, though, 14.98 is IN PLAY.

Good luck if you have it!

dwest718

#35
SWIR is back.  Just busted through the 200dma after a few days of consolidation after a 10% jump through the 50dma on good news of a huge deal with Verizon that will help revenue greatly increase.  At 13.95 as I type and up on a bad day for the market (200dma @ 13.89).

UPDATE:  Bounced off of the 14.00 level back to just below the 200dma.  Fluctuating around that level.

If it can close above the 200dma, SWIR has a chance to run back to 16.50 very quickly.  Huge gap between 13.80 and 16.50

setravis

"SWIR" Threads have been Merged.
Please use the search before starting new threads on a Stock Pick.
Chances are a thread already exist.
So why not post whatever you have to comment about on that pick to that thread.
"Simplicity" My fellow traders.   ;D                                       
All history on a stock pick in 1 thread is awesome.  ;)                                     
Just trying to get threads together,so we don't have a numerous amount floating around on the same stock.   :(                 
Thank You....and good luck with all your trades....make some $$$   ;)


Today's closing chart.......   

"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis