3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

APT

Started by saffeysite1, September 22, 2005, 11:45:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saffeysite1

Buy point: 2.52  Exit: 3.07.   Todays candle looks like a reverse in direction is coming.

I am using a concoction of my favorite stock software combined with my chart signals.
These are suggestions.  Each man must repsonsible for his/hers own buys. 

Do DD.

statement00

Hey guys, I'm still new to TA, but I was wondering if I could get some opinions about APT, at first glance I saw an ascending triangle, but I had a little trouble getting a straight top, I still like the increase in volume though. Thanks in advance. 

calven

Its time to get interested in this one again i believe.... I have a small position at 3.09 - id like to see how this plays out...  ;D
StockGravity.com - The Forces that Move Stocks!
http://www.stockgravity.com

poorman1

UNUSUALLY HIGH VOLUME THIS MORNING!  411k shares as of 9:20am.

LOOK FOR A BREAKOUT?

Thoughts?
poorman1

setravis

"APT" Threads have been Merged.
Please use the search before starting new threads on a Stock Pick.
Chances are a thread already exist.
So why not post whatever you have to comment about on that pick to that thread.
"Simplicity" My fellow traders.     ;D                                 
All history on a stock pick in 1 thread is awesome.     ;)                               
Just trying to get threads together,so we don't have a numerous amount floating around on the same stock.    :(             
Thank You....and good luck with all your trades....make some $$$        ;)   
"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis

Ares

This stock seems to be falling on low volume.
Anybody know the reason.
Technically, this stock is at the lowest regression line and RSI(2) is below 30.
Support that I could see in the short term that it's heading to is 2.76.
If that fails, it may go to 2.52(200ma)/2.50(low of takuri candle).
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

calven

I will be stopped out if it breaks the horizontal support level you have on your chart  :(
StockGravity.com - The Forces that Move Stocks!
http://www.stockgravity.com

Ares

#7
Hi Calven,

I noticed your chart with the ascending triangle.
However, this is the most recent chart I see.
I wish I could change what I see for your sake.
I'm hoping it will use the 2.76 as support and shoot back up since 2.77 is already considered oversold.

Ares
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

APT has 11 cosecutive down days already - mostly on low volume.
It feels like it needs a correction soon.
I wonder if the dominant market maker will gap this down at the open to get a cheaper price from panicking sellers.
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

#9
Would that be a bullish flag?

What fibonacci % is 2.77 if 2.50 is plotted as the low and 3.45 as the high?

3.45(high) -2.50(low) = 0.95

2.77(current swing low)  + 0.95 = 3.72(target?)

If this breaks above 3.00.

Otherwise it could be a start of a bigger head and shoulder pattern.

I hope 3.20 is not the left and right shoulder already or is it?
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

setravis

A 'Pandemic' Now Declared, Focus Back on Swine Flu Stocks
On Friday June 12, 2009, 12:00 pm EDT

The H1N1 virus is officially a pandemic, and vaccine stocks are responding.

Swine flu stocks are up again today, with some extending weekly gains to more than 20%. A number of companies released good news to end the week. From small-cap players to multi-billion dollar giants, shares are up big on high volume. Novartis (NYSE: NVS) announced today that it will have a swine flu vaccine ready by this fall. Shares are up by 4% on the news.

On Thursday, the World Health Organization raised its alert level on the virus to "Phase 6," indicating that it has officially become a pandemic.

As a whole the Swine Flu and Bird Flu Stocks Index is up by 2.5%. It is now beating the S&P 500 by 35.5% over the last month.

Generex Biotechnology (NASDAQ: GNBT) is leading the Index today with 10% gains. The company was granted five new patents for its drug delivery systems. The patents were awarded in Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Brazil, and Lebanon. The stock is still in negative territory this week by -3%.

Sinovac Biotech (AMEX: SVA) is adding another 3% to its industry-leading 30% weekly rally. On Monday the company announced that it had begun production of a swine flu vaccine, and noted that it could produce up to 30 million doses per year.

Vical (NASDAQ: VICL) has fallen from earlier highs, and is now trading up fractionally. Thomas Weisel initiated coverage of the company today with an Overweight rating and a $5 price target. The analyst cited Vical's proprietary technology, strategic partnerships, and licensing agreements.

GlaxoSmithKline (NYSE: GSK) and Hemispherx Biopharma (AMEX: HEB) are both ahead by more than 4% today.

Pure Bioscience (NASDAQ: PURE) and AVI Biopharma (NASDAQ: AVII) are industry laggards today, falling by -3% and -6% respectively.

As of this writing the Swine Flu and Bird Flu Stocks Index is a top-three performing tickerspy Index over the last month, gaining 39.5%.

Investors can follow the Swine Flu and Bird Flu Stocks Index and view related performance charts and metrics at tickerspy.com.

Investors can follow the Swine Flu and Bird Flu Stocks Index and view related performance charts and metrics at tickerspy.com.
http://www.tickerspy.com/index/Swine-Flu-and-Bird-Flu-Stocks?refer=2028Y3
"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis