3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

naked short selling

Started by wrangler, September 25, 2005, 08:34:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrangler

Would appreciate someone who knows what naked short selling is and give as much information as possible about it.Is this something that should be researched before you buy and if it's going on ,should I not buy the stock.I own shares of CURN and it's been on the list for 11 days now.I've read that when the shares that's been shorted has all been traded the price of the stock will begin to go back up,need some help.   
wrangler

dickfromalberta

yes i would like to find out about it also. i have searched for the term and also what happens to the share price after to no avail

AussieTrader

Guys, this Fool.com article discusses naked short selling and it's potential implications. Big problem is that you really don't know if a stock you have (most naked shorting is on the OTCC) is being naked shorted. SEC know of the problem and have put some rules in place to counter (all discussed in the article).

http://www.fool.com/news/commentary/2005/commentary05032407.htm

Recently and on-going many OTCC stocks were listed on the Berlin exchange (without those companies knowledge) for the express purpose of naked short selling on that listing. This did as is causing much vexation to those companies which were affected. Here is an rticle relating to the Berlin 'scandal'

http://www.faulkingtruth.com/Articles/Investing101/1008.html

Wrangler, I have CURN also, I am watching for it to break $0.49 on a close it is inching its way to that target on a series of higher or equal closes and now sits above its 9ema at $0.46. However it will need volume to get through that resistance. By the way CURN only has less than 1% of its float short as far as I can see, so I don't hink they are subject to a naked short selling 'attack'
Anyway hope this info helps.
AussieTrader
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

wrangler

Thanks Aussie,for the info.
I recently came across a site buyins.com that supposeably gives out stocks that is on the naked short sellers list and they have CURN on it.They say it's been on the list for 11 consecutive days. They talk about a site called stocklemon that will beat a stock down for the purpose of using naked short sellers .
Do you think CURN will hit the 1.00 mark before the delisting deadline in Nov.I've been wondering if I should go ahead and sell it or not.
wrangler