3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

ECIL

Started by jeff46902, May 29, 2005, 12:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeff46902

What is your take on ECIL (ECI Telecom)?  it appears to be at a 4-year high, and has just broken the $8.70 resistance level on nice volume.  Do you think this stock will go much higher?

David Randolph

The stock has been evolving on an ascending triangle pattern which normally breaks to the upside. But I'm not sure the breakout has already occurred, the close @$9.02 on Friday was a bit shy ... I think the stock needs a more conclusive breakout and then, just from a technical perspective, I can think of values above $15 for ECIL.

calven

Sold out of ARRS at 8.75. I'll take my profits and move on.

Looking to get into ECIL. Any opinouns on what price to buy in at? Wait for a minor correction or go ahead and buy at whatever price I can get?
StockGravity.com - The Forces that Move Stocks!
http://www.stockgravity.com

David Randolph

... I have a technical price target on ECIL of $14 but I believe it can take a long time to get there. A safe but slow play I believe. The stock broke out yesterday so I don't know why you should wait for a pullback to buy.

I bought @ $9.24.

Nice trading  :)

ZAFARAN

Hi david,  MRKL.ob is hot and volume is over 20M

calven

I missed the initial breakout. When that happens I like to wait for the stock to revisit support after the initial breakout.  In this case I missed the ECIL entry at 8.25 on 5/26. The stock then broke out to 9.45 and now I believe it is consolidating before its next run up. I will also buy ECIL as well as ELN tomorrow just around $8.85 if I can...althouth its not that much better an entry than your 9.24 it is 4% plus it serves as further indication of support.

Here is my chart-
StockGravity.com - The Forces that Move Stocks!
http://www.stockgravity.com

Melf Elf

David's ECIL 3 Stocks On Fire pick is one of my favorites of his picks for it's beautiful chart structure.  I posted on it several times today in the Stocks On Fire folder, so please read my comments there if you're interested, and also please comment there, if you have any comment, so that we can keep the comments together.

ECIL closed today at 8.87, back at the top of David's year and a half long Ascending Triangle.  It could be just a gap fill from the June Monday's gap down from 8.88, but if ECIL can print 8.95 tomorrow, it will be a breakout above the bull flag from the June 2 high, and we then would have THREE bullish pattern breakouts IN PLAY:

Pattern #1: David's Ascending Triangle (see his original post in the Stocks on Fire folder).

Pattern #2: The Descending Triangle from December 2, 2004 to the May 5 gap up breakout.

Pattern #3: The bull flag mentioned above.

I thought I'd mention this now, to give those interested a chance to study the chart before tomorrow's trading.  Thanks to David for his original post on ECIL, and for this fine site  :D

AustinPowers

Melf-

Nice call on the stock today ;)  Tomorrow should be intersting.  Hope it gets some volume tomorrow to break through the 2 resist lines.  Good Luck.

Melf Elf

Quote from: AustinPowers on June 22, 2005, 10:10:22 PM
Melf-

Nice call on the stock today ;)  Tomorrow should be intersting.  Hope it gets some volume tomorrow to break through the 2 resist lines.  Good Luck.

Yeah, that's what I'd like to see if/when it breaks out.  Thanks!

sebfr

Intelsat Selects ECI Telecom's Optical Solution for Backbone Network to Deliver Video, Data and Voice Services in the Greater Washington D.C. Area
10/24/05       

PETAH TIKVA, Israel, Oct 24, 2005 (BUSINESS WIRE) --
ECI Telecom (NASDAQ:ECIL) announced that Intelsat, a leading provider of satellite communications services, has chosen ECI's XDM(R) Multi-Service Transport Platform (MSTP) for its optical network.

The XDM's unique convergence of WDM, SONET/SDH and Ethernet reduces Intelsat's network complexity and costs while increasing service flexibility. The XDM's pluggable ROADM allows for efficient bandwidth utilization with any-to-any service delivery. In addition, the XDM integrated optical layer with electrical switching and grooming provides Intelsat with unprecedented flexibility and improved return on investment.

Intelsat has used ECI's T::DAX bandwidth management platform for bandwidth aggregation for all of its GlobalConnex(R) managed services. GlobalConnex(R) is a portfolio of end-to-end services designed to support trunking, broadband and media communications requirements by bundling space segment with Intelsat's global teleports, points of presence and ground network infrastructure. This provides an instant, reliable infrastructure to service providers operating in areas where network build-out is expensive and time-consuming -- and where speed-to-market is critical.

This successful experience with both equipment and customer service contributed to Intelsat's decision to expand the partnership with ECI for its optical network build out. The XDM optical network deployment in the Greater Washington D.C. area will be used as the backbone infrastructure to deliver more advanced services to customers. The implementation will feature an XDM-based network and ECI's LightSoft(R) network management system, which will enable Intelsat to easily view and remotely manage multiple technology layers and services within the network. Additionally, the XDM's integrated special amplification features enable Intelsat to reach longer distances with a single network element at a lower cost.

"We selected ECI Telecom because their XDM equipment provided us with enhanced flexibility," said Paul Howard, Principal Engineer, Monitoring Systems at Intelsat. "We carefully reviewed other leading products, but we determined that ECI's solution was the most advanced, allowing our network to easily scale and providing next-generation services."

"ECI is pleased to support Intelsat as it moves forward to deploy its own optical network," said Emanuel Nachum, Vice President of Marketing, ECI Telecom North America. "The XDM platform will enable Intelsat to bring its leadership in satellite communications services to terrestrial networks."



calven

StockGravity.com - The Forces that Move Stocks!
http://www.stockgravity.com

setravis

"ECIL" Threads have been Merged.
Please use the search before starting new threads on a Stock Pick.
Chances are a thread already exist.
So why not post whatever you have to comment about on that pick to that thread.
"Simplicity" My fellow traders.    ;D                                   
All history on a stock pick in 1 thread is awesome.    ;)                                 
Just trying to get threads together,so we don't have a numerous amount floating around on the same stock.     :(             
Thank You....and good luck with all your trades....make some $$$     ;)           
"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis