3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

Printing entire threads

Started by trader567, September 30, 2005, 12:42:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trader567

I tend to print out long threads instead of reading them off the screen.  How can this be done all at once while still retaining the charts/attachments?  When the 'print' link is clicked, the printer-friendly page does not include these items.  Obviously, I can manually print out each page of the thread, but 45 pages of threads= a lot of time wasted.  (I need not mention: charts and graphs are really important.)

Ramsburg

Quote from: trader567 on September 30, 2005, 12:42:41 PM
I tend to print out long threads instead of reading them off the screen.  How can this be done all at once while still retaining the charts/attachments?  When the 'print' link is clicked, the printer-friendly page does not include these items.  Obviously, I can manually print out each page of the thread, but 45 pages of threads= a lot of time wasted.  (I need not mention: charts and graphs are really important.)

Hi trader,

We are aware of that limitation, and we'll try to install a «mod» that allows printing the charts. I hope to do that soon.

thanks for your post.
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

trader567

Quote from: Ramsburg on September 30, 2005, 02:17:39 PM
Hi trader,

We are aware of that limitation, and we'll try to install a «mod» that allows printing the charts. I hope to do that soon.

thanks for your post.

I'm eagerly waiting for it.  Thanks.

trader567

Hey Fred,

Is there any progress on this issue?

ST

Ramsburg

Quote from: trader567 on October 15, 2005, 08:09:06 PM
Hey Fred,

Is there any progress on this issue?

ST

Hi ST !

Not yet, but it was not forgotten ;)
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

trader567

Hey Fred- it's been a month.  I gotta ask you again.  Where is this mod holding?

Steve

trader567

Dear Mr. Ramsburg,

I want you to know that I appreciate what you and David have done in creating this terrific traders community.  There has been much to learn, and my trading knowledge and skills have been greatly enriched.  However, as I wrote at the beginning of this thread back on September 30, 2005, I have had limited time to spare for reading posts off of the screen.  If I were to be able to print full threads, including graphs and pictures, I would gain so much more from the community.  Therefore, I beg and plead that you somehow find an available slot in your busy schedule to attend to modifying the printing function of the threads.

Sincerely,

Steven T.

Ramsburg

Hello trader567,

First of all, I'm sorry for taking so long in posting a feedback on this matter.

I tryed to implement this feature a few times, but with no sucess yet. This board's code is a free open source project, with a lot of people working around this code, but there are no add-ons with that feature yet.
When I first looked to this request a few months ago, I thought it would be an easy think to do... but it isn't  :(

I don't want to give you a date for this yet, but I'm going to do it. I'm studing other alternatives, like exporting the threads to a pdf format for download.

Again, I'm sorry.
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

trader567

No problem, Fred.  Again, I appreciate it.  Wait, now that you mention what the problem is, let me suggest something.  Is there a modification that would allow one to display all of the posts on one page?   That would solve the issue.

You know what?  I'm going to start looking for this along with you...

trader567

Check out this link:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=3462.0;all

it's obviously been done before.  Just something like the <all> pages link would do the trick.

you know what I mean?

Go to Page <1>, <2>, <3>,....<57>, <58>, <ALL PAGES>

trader567

Please don't cap the max number of posts to display when you figure out how to implement it.

Thanks,
Steve.

Ramsburg

Quote from: trader567 on December 22, 2005, 09:40:48 PM
Please don't cap the max number of posts to display when you figure out how to implement it.

Thanks,
Steve.

Hi,

Thanks for the link. The problem is a security issue, a topic with 40 or 60 pages could crash the server when opened by severall people at the same time. We have to go around that problem ;)
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account