3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

what trading program?(penny stock)

Started by iwearpro, October 03, 2005, 07:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwearpro

I was just curious to what trading program you guys have found to work the best for you.
Thanks,
Brian
www.anytimeshades.com

David Randolph

Trading program? What do you mean? Which broker? Which technical analysis software?

Thanks  :)

ScottishTrader

Actually I have been having some problems with my online broker.  I use Interactive Investor in the UK, which is a primarily UK based site that allows you to trade US shares (on NYSE, AMEX, NASDAQ) but it doesn't have access to a huge amount of stocks, especially some of the slightly smaller ones that are traded here (and I'm not just talking about pennies either, stocks like AOB, COGT and many more I simply don't have access to!!)

This is starting to get very frustrating, as often I will find a stock here that looks good, do my DD and analysis, only to find I can't trade it!!  These are also some of the biggest gainers around.  I was wondering if any other international (or UK based) traders have had similar problems, what online brokers they use, and what they suggest would be a good online broker to go through, preferably in the UK.

I am guessing I may be the only one with this problem, as no one else has mentioned having such limitations!!   >:(

AussieTrader

#3
Try www.interactivebrokers.com

You can trade anything that moves with these guys, they have sophisticated tools and low costs

They allow international based accounts (some brokers don't). With interactive you can apply on line (even International accounts) fax in some supporting documents and be ready within a few days.

I am based in Australia, have a US based broker (Ameritrade) and just wire my money over from the account when I need some (takes 2 days). So you don't really have to have the broker account based in your Country.
AussieTrader
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

ScottishTrader

Thanks very much for the advise aussietrader, will have a look at interactivebroker.com

Now the only problem will be getting out of all my positions to transfer my account when it is set up.  That could take a while!!!

poiss

Scottish,
I totally agree with Aussie, I selected IB ~2 years ago and still happy with them. And their pricing totally rules.
BTW, You can transfer Your positions from Ameritrade to IB account directly in most cases. No need to get out.
And now for something completley different!