3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

Still Bag Holding IPIX

Started by danman3459, October 06, 2005, 08:35:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

danman3459

Hey Guys,

I have obviously messed up in holding IPIX for the last month, but I can't help but think that it will turn around hard on terrorism news.  What do you guys think?  Do you think it has at least reached a bottom here?

I am knida scared.  I am looking at huge losses on this one.

Thanks for your help.

KCScott

I do a lot of work in the CCTV field - I'm a Security consultant and work with National Retail chains on shrink management, asset protection and Facility Security.

I only mention this beacuse, unfortunetly IPIX is not a great play in the Security Field. The most popular application I have seen for their systems is the "Virtual Home tour" used by realtors on their web sites.

That said, their financials are not too horrible, and the RSI shows the stock extremley oversold.
You didn't say what your cost basis is for the stock, but it may run back up to $3+ range if there is another terrorist attack that sparks buying accross the entire video segment.

If you are interested in a very strong play in the CCTV segment, I'm invested in SWAT: http://shiftwatch.com/

- It's a fairly new company with a very low float and large insider ownership and most importantly, a very good product with application for protecting subways, trains, buses, etc. - My belief is they will be announcing some substantial contracts in the very near future.
Those that think money can't buy happiness, don't know where to shop

danman3459

Thanks a lot!

Yea ... I am in at 3.73.  ::bits lip::

O well ... I guess everybody gets a big loss sometimes.

tommyt

Hold on - News out after hours on some deal with NYC subway system. Moved up 8.1%