3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

IIJI

Started by David Randolph, May 30, 2005, 07:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Randolph

Internet Iniative Japan (IIJI). The Group's principal activity is to provide internet access services such as dedicated access and dial-up access. The Group is also engaged in systems integration services and internet data centre services.

The long term chart:



The short term chart:



One big white candle with explosive volume. As a speculator I wouldn't need more to buy some stocks, because the chart shows demand is a lot stronger than supply.

But this stock has a story, and one of those I like most: a buy the rumor story !

«TOKYO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 27, 2005--Internet Initiative Japan Inc. (IIJ, NASDAQ:IIJI), one of Japan's leading Internet access and comprehensive network solutions providers, today announced that it received notification that the Tokyo Stock Exchange has approved the listing of its shares of common stock on the Mothers market of the Tokyo Stock Exchange. IIJ believes that listing on the Mothers market will further expand its business by strengthening its presence in Japan and by providing additional financing options. The expected listing date is June 23, 2005.»

«The offer price for the public offering in Japan will be based on the closing price of IIJ's American Depositary Receipts on the NASDAQ National market on the date prior to the pricing date subject to a discount determined in accordance with market demand. Pricing is expected to occur on a date between June 14 and June 16.»

IIJI is rising today primarily because of this IPO. The fact will only be true by the 23th of June, and pricing will be established taking into account the price on the Nasdaq by the 14th of June. Japanese investors are getting ahead and buying right now on the Nasdaq, because demand for the IPO is staggering. I believe we have a setup for price appreciation here.

Also, the earnings release from the company were encouraging:

«Japan provided the day's biggest percentage gainer. Internet Initiative Japan Inc. (IIJI: news, chart, profile) soared $1.27, or 28.2%, to $5.77, and was the second-biggest traded ADR of the session. The company posted a profit of 2.9 billion yen for fiscal 2005 vs. a loss of 2.3 billion yen a year ago. For fiscal 2006, the company said it's targeting a profit of 3.7 billion yen on revenue of 46.33 billion yen.»

Everyday our team scans and filters 11000 stocks to come up with the 3 best stocks to buy on a short term basis. We run a diversified public portfolio which is up 95% this month (it started this month). If you want to join our community and receive our free newsletter, please register.




David Randolph

... I don't care the stock is up 11% in the pre-market. I expect it to reach at least $12 on the next two weeks.

AustinPowers

David-

You, the team and the people that post here are oustanding.  This site is completely different from most of the garbage that is posted out there.  It's really great how you discuss the entry and exit points for each trade you take on and why it is being done.  Makes it easier for someone like myself that is a rookie at this.

I've been tracking the performance of the picks over the past couple of weeks and it is fantastic.  I wish I was in a position to move on this one this morning but it appears you think there is plenty of room to run.  Keep up the great work and thanks to all! :)

Ramsburg

Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

eliteG

It is really tough, I think, for a seasoned trader to buy a gap up like you did David.  It looks like its going to turn out great!  I was worried when I heard but your analysis was dead on.  (applaud)  Well done.

Weightlifter

Very Nice job David on this pick,compliments to you :D

rocket88

#6
I'm in!$!$!$!$!$ Doubled my money on NAUCHope to do the same here!$!$!$!$!$

Irishman

David-- Why $12 target?

The Irishman
PS- New to your site and I'm quite impressed.

nofear


I want to thank all of the people on this website. Today, I'll make my first donation to you guys, it's well deserved.
long live to 3stocks !
NoFear

Athakinu

You guys seem to really know you way around in this business. I plan to use 1/3 of my portfolio trading your trades. And if it turns out well you can count on me making donations!
Keep up the good work. And yes why will it go much higher than today, you said 12, any peticular reason for that?
A Thakinu
ps. where do you guys live?

AussieTrader

Stocks with huge momentum be that upwards or downwards 'tend' to revisit where they have been before. Last time IIJI got huge vol and momo in mid 2003 it spent a few days around $12 and spiked to $14. Hence the target area.
That is why I also bought IIJI.
Mike
AussieTrader
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

Weightlifter

Right now,,Pre Market trading its sitting at $8.04.Looking good  :)

Irishman

Thanks for the info Mike. Much appreciated.
  The Irishman

bob839usa

Unfortunately I was in the process of changing brokers when I was told about you.  Amazing picks.  If you keep this up everyone will know about you.  I am sure it is going thru our group as we speak and that is 7500.  Keep up the great picks.

wzcch


David:  On IIJI`s Website [http://www.iij.ad.jp./en/] , Press Release 05/27/2005, they
           clearly post their  financial data in miillions, not billions of YEN, so, though
           turnaround, a meager profit of 2.9 m YEN ...