3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

BRVO.OB

Started by David Randolph, May 30, 2005, 08:01:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Randolph

Thanks for the Snapple's information Abex_Trader, very interesting, but I would find more useful if you, or someone else, could find info for this company from the period it had it's first IPO until it was taken over by Quaker Oats for $1.7B in 1994. A stock chart from the IPO until the takeover date would be great ! I couldn't find it myself on the internet. Thanks a lot !

I also think consumer discretionary stocks may suffer along the way (the general market is set for a fall, I believe), but that has nothing to do with BRVO's stock. BRVO is yet too small to be very dependent on the macroeconomic cycle, it has so much room to expand to new markets and that trend is far more important than the economic cycle trend. BRVO is set to gain a lot of market share (because its products are competitive and it has the best distribution channel one can dream of), it doesn't matter all that much if the market grows or not (I believe it will still grow, even if the economy starts to slacken, I myself never thought of drinking flavoured milk instead of Coke but slowly I'm doing it, because my stomach is not taking all that well so much Coke  :P).

Anyway, technically the stock advanced 2.5% today on low volume. It is still building the second shoulder of an inverted H&S pattern, I believe. A decisive break of the $0.72 neckline level would be extremely bullish and I firmly believe this will be the outcome for BRVO.

ABEX_TRADER

David:
   Trying to find historical info on Snapple is what I tried to do and no one has it I guess.If I run accross some I'll post it.

puenthouse

Just an update from the CEO.  He answered my first attempt, which was really professional of him.  I don't want Roy Warren getting hammered by all of us, so I want to express his thoughts so we do not have to bother him for awhile, and he can continue to make his company better for all of us owners.
BLUF:   He told me that if he could, he would love to buy stock in his company right now.  He just has everything invested  at this time and feels he will be just fine in the future.  Now this might take several weeks, but we will be in the green, then in several months- well I think we will all be just fine.  Now for those of you that think that any CEO would say that, I explained the truth of how my guys are here in IRAQ, and since we cant spend our money out at the PUBs, we invested in BRVO.  I don't think a man like him that has made it this far with his associates would steer us in the wrong direction.  His words were to kind and helpful.  I cant prove this as the future, but I hope it helps a couple of you like it did me.  
For me- for every time the stock drops .05 I buy, I wont sell until something colossal happens.
Learning from every trade.

Prfsr Hal

With all due respect to the duty you and your mates are performing and the hardships you are enduring, my response to some of your conclusions differs from your own.

1. I don't think it's necessarily a good sign that a CEO writes personal letters to individual stockholders.  Its certainly flattering to the individual, no doubt.  But I'd like my CEO's energies to be focused elsewhere.

2. That he is too invested in other companies to purchase shares of his own...?  Isn't that like a husband having too many mistresses to have time to sleep with his wife?  I'd like to see a list of his investment portfolio.

3. Your faith in his truthfulness to an American G.I. is (to me) mitigated by the recent conviction of TYCO's chiefs, who looted and pillaged their company and the ENRON execs who did the same.  I've lived through the Vietnam era and now the Iraq era.  I'm a cynical idealist.  The sad truth is that people lie in order to further their own agendas, and often to so to those most vulnerable.

I'm not suggesting that Bravo's CEO IS a thief or a liar.  But goodness and altruism on the part of ANY of these guys would surprise me more than revelations of self-aggrandizement.

Just my minority opinion, which as always, I hope is wrong.

Prfsr Hal

ABEX_TRADER

#619
They say it is easier to believe a lie than the truth . I do believe that saying after seeing some of the things going on in the markets.

I am also one that does not believe what CEO's have to say or to read between the lines as is the case with AOOR.OB at the moment who says the deal to sell off their BioDiesel Unit is going to benefit their shareholders.

I do see that this co. has lined up the comtracts and the CCE deal.What the CEO does is beyond me. There is a team there that does most of the groundwork while he does the directing and he might generally like to get in touch with future and present shareholders. Who knows?

One phone call might bring in great interest.

I will give him the benfit of the doubt till it is proven otherwise. One question I have is if this is such a good deal why are there not morre insiders buying?

He did not say he was to busy with other Cos. stocks only that he was fully invested at this time I thought and there is nothing wrong with that if that is what was meant. If he invested in other cos. instead of his own then that might be a concern. 

The proof will come out! Let's hope it's not rotten truth for all involved!

aitech61

Those making comments about insiders and buying. What I notice about upper management is that they have very reasonable salaries and do hold shares. That is good enough for me. Now if they were drawing a million plus per a year or even 1/2 million per mgmt. team member per year I might question that.

Just because insiders buy especially at these low prices does not show a sign one way or another IMHO. I seen management in EAG buy and buy and of course it was taken as a great sign and the stock ran from .45 to over $2(which was short lived). I see it setting at .15 cents today and the CEO has since left...

I believe Warren has over 3 million shares and draws 220,000 per year, which I believe he deserves.  So anyway spare me the business about he should be buying.  It is so easy when the stock is not reacting just how everybody WANTS it to act, to come up with whatever to down play the stock. Hey that is fine by me. The stock gets cheaper, it provides me the opportunity to have more shares at a cheaper price...

Bottom line we know what is ahead. The speculation is gone.. That simple.. Relax and accumulate. I can see in a couple weeks or even tomorrow when we begin our move upwards, where there are those who jumped ship and are looking for an entry point. You will also have those who didn't get on board wishing they had. They were waiting for cheaper shares. Best case scenario you  may get in at .05 cents lower at the most .10 cents. Thats MAYBE. Maybe you dont get in at all. Now for upside potential I see us well over $1 by November and potentially $2+ by yearend.

The CCE rollout will come with plenty of PR's and strategies. Just imagine the positive news to come when that happens, not to mention whatever else Bravo management is working on... One thing about the management team is, they are busy and earn their keep!!!!

I agree with David on the charts and where we may go. But for me if we dont run to .72 cents this week, so be it. I am in for the long and rewarding haul at this point. I have tasted the products along with family members and friends/investors. We all like the products and notice them selling regularly in our area.

That said everybody have a nice evening!!!!

ABEX_TRADER

#621
Just to let you know I was not refering to the Co. Insiders as I know they get stock as a bonus,but people that are outside of the co..

The sign that I look for as being bad is when Corperate insiders sell.

Asking questions and seeking answers are part of BB's along with passing on info weather one likes it or not.This is america,where I live,  last I knew with freedoms. If you do not wish to read the comments or answer the questions which are a part of what I thought that is a freedom to. Telling people they cannot ask questions weather you like them or not is like trying to take freedoms away.

I am long in this also with legit concerns that someone might have explainations to, iincluding yourself.

don

help needed.... time is running out on that great subscription deal - and I cannot make my payment!! I live in Thailand. Paypal will not work. It costs a fortune to have a Thai bank send an ET. If anyone has resolved this problem, please share. There is another #SOF fan in Bangkok who is in a similar position to me. tia, Don.

echo

I myself do not consider selling of shares by insiders very significant but when insiders buy that is a buy signal for me.Thats not to say that the CEO isn't buying because the companys bad.Maybe he does have money in other areas and can't buy BRVO right now.Maybe he's waiting for a breakout which he obviously couldn't say that in a letter to a share holder.

If David is correct and the stock is forming the second shoulder of the inverted H & S that second shoulder is almost completely formed and we should know in a couple more days if it breaks out.

JMO
There's always a bull market somewhere and I promise to bla bla bla bla........

David Randolph

I agree with aitech61 and ultra1066. don, I'll talk to Ramsburg about your problem (excuse me, our problem), but don't worry, we'll arrange something for you :)

It is technically important for BRVO not to close below $0.565. I see lack of volume and conviction at this point. Needless to say, I will hold the stock anyway, I have patience when I know the company well enough to stay in through slow times.

Revenue and profit numbers will kick in at the upcoming quarters and BRVO will rise.

ABEX_TRADER

October will be a slow month as usual ,but I suspect there will be good thhings to come for BRVO.

Patience is the most important trait one can have I think when trading and dealing with these OTCBB issues. I like sure things and with the projections this is as close as a sure thing as we get I think. Kinda had the feeling this was not going to be a fast rise. Let's hope they get some great buy Vol. for support.

It can be worst as being in the Gulf the last month!

GLTA 

don

The sign that I look for as being bad is when Corperate(sic) insiders sell.

ABE, I, also,  respectfully disagree.
A better generalization might be to say that insiders buying is a good sign. There cannot be too many reasons, for an insider buying,  beyond that they consider the company to be a good investment (short term or long term).  There are many reasons why an insider sells. He could have had a tax audit, have illness in the family, need to finance a college education for a family member, be buying a house or; simply think that the stock is over valued.
You, I,  nor any of us has any idea why an insider might be selling. Not unless you write and ask him/her; (which I did on another stock recently - COMM). I received what I considered to be a credible answer. In most circumstances, you would be unable to assess the credibility of the insider. Shorters use such news to scare stock out of weak hands. So, as a rule, you can be cautious when you see insider sales. But do not act on it as if it is a 'sell' signal for you.. Hope this helps. Don.

ABEX_TRADER

#627
I agree for the most part as there are certain sells that we do not know why they happen. I am talking about a flock of Insider sellls which to me means there is something up.

recently MCEL had a few sells,but not all out dumping by a few insiders and they did not dump a major part of their shares.

I do look at Insider Buys myself and rarely look at he listing of the sells.

3 that caught my eye was SSFT ,MWY and PANL. MWY I learned Summner Redstone is taking a big stake and it dropped even further . That broke yesterday and we of great interest as I have been following that co. and the insiders. It is a good sign. What is even better the issue dropped on the news which means you'd be getting the shares chrper than he did I think ,unless he made a specal deal for the shares. 

The corperate Insiders are important,but I was alluding to outside people getting into BRVO and was wondering why  none were coming in.

When there  is massie Dumping by several corperate insiders of most or all of their stake that is a red flag I would think.

And yes I agree the reason for selling personal shares can be for personal need by officers of the cos. which is not to much of a worry.

There was a segment of Crammer which was well worth watching which dealt with how to trade and what to look for concerning Insiders which was in agreemeent with what you guys are saying. I do not follow him or his picks,but that segment was a good watch. He has been around long enough to pick up on tidits of wisdom concerning market workings. His picks are another thing. He seldom recoomends an issue under $5.

I have my own Algorhytm which took me a long time to come up with which screens for issues to look at.

This market is going into a spiral right now!

OT-What was SOF Mag you were talking about? Soldier Of Fortune is the only SOF I know of.

GLTA

David Randolph

SOF = Stocks On Fire  :)

We can abandon the reversal H&S idea on BRVO. The stock closed below $0.565 and besides the length of this second shoulder is too much now. This doesn't mean the stock is turning decisively bearish, it just means another accumulation pattern is unfolding (in my opinion).

Volume picked up a bit which is always welcome. I will continue holding the stock.

ABEX_TRADER

#629
I tracked the trades late in the day which I feel is the most important time to watch. It was quite Bullish which is a good sign to me.

I will hold regardless as to what happens in the short term as I believe there is just to much potential here and CCE did not get  into this to lose $$.

SOF  :D well you do need to be a soldier sometimes to fight for what you believe is true concerning the sub $1 issues! When these issues flounder allittle it is best not to fret when they fall as it does not help. These OTCBB are very Volitile which makes many people impatient and have mood swings I have found. I no longer look at the paper loss on them! I sit guilty also as I am impatient at times,but try not to have mood swings as it does not help and even hurts some people. Last thing I need to do is hurt others I think.

Did not know there was a Mag also! Will check it out as there are very few sources that follow low priced stocks. 

Last thing I will mention is to give an example of how dead the markets are with the exception of Oil or Energy .Today CYTR ,which I own in the Bio sector with a great mgmt. team, came out with news that people have been waiting months for.Did not do anything for the pps.

Hang in there,it will get better I believe! Nothing has changed.CCE is not in this to lose $$ right. It might just be a shakeout due to market conditions. I will be adding more shares at these prices! I predict this will move up on no news one day. The best stocks always do.