3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

BRVO.OB

Started by David Randolph, May 30, 2005, 08:01:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Randolph

BRVO touched support on increasing volume. There were no news today to analyze. I will continue holding the stock even if it breaks support, which I don't think will happen.

shawFund

Bought it today for the second time at $0.525.

May be the stock is in range trading.

No much downrisk at this price level.


rickjust

hi,
did bravo really have a low of .09 today? swa this on yahoo and stock ta.
thanks ,
maxi

puenthouse

#663
nope, must have been an error, i ASSume. I had a limit buy at .50 and it did not take.
Learning from every trade.

ABEX_TRADER

#664
I show the same thing using Metastock Charting.

It could have been that the MM's went down and took out the Stop Loss order's that were set for all the way down there.

I have no idea really ,but it surprised me also to see when looking at my charting system.

One things for certain I shall not be using Stop Loss order's with this just incase they are doing that. 

David Randolph

Quote from: ABEX_TRADER on September 28, 2005, 08:00:48 PM
I show the same thing using Metastock Charting.

It could have been that the MM's went down and took out the Stop Loss order's that were set for all the way down there.

I have no idea really ,but it surprised me also to see when looking at my charting system.

One things for certain I shall not be using Stop Loss order's with this just incase they are doing that. 

At OTCBB stocks there can be trades out of the bid/ask spread. Probably that $0.09 low was the market maker taking advantage of a distracted investor that made a mistake placing an order. Many brokers don't accept stop loss orders for OTCBB stocks.

But I don't see any volume at that price on my intraday charting system, so possibly it is a communication error.

Anyway, when things like these happen, and they happen all the time, I delete them from my chart or the error would distort it.

BRVO ended up making a nice rebound from the horizontal support. Volume picked up considerably at the end of the session, which is a positive indication for today's session.

don

#666
It could have been that the MM's went down and took out the Stop Loss order's that were set for all the way down there.
This raises an imprortant question. Do you know of a specific broker who allows stop loss orders, on OTC? tia, Don.

ABEX_TRADER

As I had mentioned:

"I have no idea really ,but it surprised me also to see when looking at my charting system."

I will at somepoint check to see weather Ameritrade or Etrade accept StopLoss orders on OTCBB issues.

Thanks for clearlifying what might have happened  David as it was weird to see it show-up. I did not check an intraday  chart to see what might have been the orders going through. I 'll try to remember to do so.

metro

Interactive Brokers allows stops on OTC stocks but does not allow pre and post market trades in them

Prfsr Hal

If these predatory MM's go down and gobble up stop losses beneath the prevailing price, how doesn't that trigger limit buy orders that are also lower than the prevailing price?

prfsr Hal

metro

Prfsr Hal  - don't worry the spike you may see on your chart form yesterday is not real it was bad data

jlong

Looks it's starting to move. hope they don't dump on it again.

mcolin

ANOTHER TASTE TEST! Found a Milky Way Slammer at a Ralphs's in Oxnard, CA. I'm not a big fan of flavored drinks, but I really liked this one. I'm glad to be holding stock on a product this good.

Michael

Prfsr Hal

Quote from: metro on September 29, 2005, 12:00:53 PM
Prfsr Hal  - don't worry the spike you may see on your chart form yesterday is not real it was bad data

It was more a general question.  If stop losses are taken out, doesn't that establish a price base where limit buy orders just as low can be executed?

David Randolph

Quote from: mcolin on September 29, 2005, 05:07:12 PM
ANOTHER TASTE TEST! Found a Milky Way Slammer at a Ralphs's in Oxnard, CA. I'm not a big fan of flavored drinks, but I really liked this one. I'm glad to be holding stock on a product this good.

Michael

Thanks for the input Michael  :) Many people loving the product will probably make many people love the stock in the future.

QuoteIt was more a general question.  If stop losses are taken out, doesn't that establish a price base where limit buy orders just as low can be executed?

Yes, that would be the case. But on OTCBB an order can be executed out of the bid/ask spread, that is, you can sell lower than the bid or buy higher than the ask price. The market maker takes advantage of these orders. But in BRVO's case, as metro said, it was bad data, there were no trades at $0.09.

Considering BRVO I can design a little short term resistance line to be taken out in the near future, I believe. Fundamentals will reign supreme and I have no doubts about the growth ahead for BRVO. Probably there are some people that were disappointed by the changes of the deal with CCE, but those changes were for the better !

I will continue to patiently hold BRVO.