3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

BRVO.OB

Started by David Randolph, May 30, 2005, 08:01:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Randolph

Thanks for the interesting information on BRVO. I have to continue holding this stock based on a real product that looks attractive to consumers, expecting real sales and earnings numbers to hit the wires over the coming months.

Technically BRVO had a second close above the descending channel, so a breakout is in. Not so much volume, but that's not a problem as we've discussed back on this thread.

I've been on the green and red several times with BRVO, but I'll hold for the long term.

(Melf Elf, forget about resizing the charts for now, when we have time we'll go to the chat room so I can help you resizing Metastock charts. Thanks for your analysis, please keep up  :))


David Randolph

BRVO came down slightly to touch the prior resistance, now support trendline. Volume was very low on this pullback, just 387,900 shares.

It would be a good thing to see it close above $0.66, for it to get out of this lower highs/lower lows pattern. If the stock trades lower again I would welcome a local low higher than $0.47 which was the last low.

I'll continue to hold it.

irod

#767
I bought a 4-pack of 3 Musketeers Slammers today at Safeway. They have a full shelf of them now. Yummy! I just noticed something interesting on the label. "Sweetened with Splenda." That means they're using this sugar-based no-calorie sugar substitute to sweeten them. This is very good in my book for obvious health reasons!

Fré

PR's:

Bravo! Foods Introduces Convenient Slammers(R) Four Packs

NORTH PALM BEACH, Fla., Nov. 2 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Bravo! Foods International (OTC Bulletin Board: BRVO - News), a brand development and marketing company that manufactures, promotes and distributes vitamin-fortified, flavored milks, announced today introduction of convenient, new Slammers® four packs.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/051102/flw012.html?.v=29

Bravo! Foods Successfully Launches 2005 ASA Action Sports High School Tour in Chicago

NORTH PALM BEACH, Fla., Nov. 2 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Bravo! Foods International (OTC Bulletin Board: BRVO - News), a brand development and marketing company that manufactures, promotes and distributes vitamin-fortified, flavored milks, announced today the successful launch of its 2005 ASA Action Sports High School Tour and completion of five performances in suburban Chicago.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/051102/flw014.html?.v=30

JKN

BRVO showing some life here...volume picking up.

irod

Quote from: Fré on November 02, 2005, 12:13:11 PM
PR's:

Bravo! Foods Introduces Convenient Slammers(R) Four Packs

Wow! I could have released that PR myself! That's funny, I feel special. :-*

David Randolph

Lol irod, you're right, just before the press release you bought the 4 pack Slammers at Safeway. Talk about inside information  ;D

After almost one month without news, it looks like BRVO's management turned on the press release machine again. That's good, it will probably bring some attention to this valuable penny stock.

I know I love flavoured milk, but there's not much for sale in Southern Europe. If anyway has time that would be a good suggestion for Roy Warren, the CEO of the company, selling BRVO's products in Southern Europe, even outside the MDA with CCE.

Volume picked up a bit but the stock closed unchanged at $0.61. I would like to see a close above $0.66 to break the lower lows, lower highs pattern.

I'll continue holding BRVO.OB.

AussieTrader

Off topic somewhat,

QuoteI just noticed something interesting on the label. "Sweetened with Splenda." That means they're using this sugar-based no-calorie sugar substitute to sweeten them. This is very good in my book for obvious health reasons!

Hey Irod, I'm not so sure I'd consider a chlorine bleached artificial synthetic chemical to be healthier than plain old sugar http://www.mercola.com/2000/dec/3/sucralose_dangers.htm#

But for sure it is less harmful than that other sweetner aspartame from Monsanto.


AussieTrader
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

Melf Elf

#773
Coming into this week, BRVO was "champing at the bit" for a breakout above the Septermber 7 down trendline.  BRVO broke above that on Monday, but the breakout has been contained below the down trendline off the July 14 high.

Yesterday was a third hit to that trendline (number is red circles on the chart), validating it as resistance.  Because of the slope of that down trendline, BRVO is going to break above, even if it just trades sideways for awhile.  I wouldn't consider it to be a breakout if BRVO continues to trade at $0.62 and just "falls over the trendline" as time moves forward.  I'd want to see some volume, and as David said, I would want to see a print above $0.66, making a "higher high."

Some factors that I like:

1. Since Monday's breakout, BRVO has been closing above its 50DMA.  The August 24 gap down was 50 trading days ago, so on any rally, the 50DMA is ready to move higher.

2. During this consoldiation, the 50 DMA has remained above the 200 DMA, and the 200DMA has had a chance to play "catch up." 

3. MACD ticked above the zero line on Tuesday.

4. On the Ichimoku chart (next post), the faster Tenkan-Sen ticked above the slower Kijun-Sen last Friday, when BRVO was "champing at the bit" for a breakout.  BRVO broke out the next session (Monday).

Melf Elf

#774
The Kumo (Cloud), represented by the vertical red lines, is immediate overhead resistance, however, the bullish crossover of the Tenkan-Sen and Kijun-Sen is favorable.  They act like an MACD, only they are price-related.  This is the first bullish cross since the bearish cross on July 26.

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot the chart.  Here it is:

irod

#775
Quote from: AussieTrader on November 03, 2005, 08:33:57 AM
Off topic somewhat,

Hey Irod, I'm not so sure I'd consider a chlorine bleached artificial synthetic chemical to be healthier than plain old sugar http://www.mercola.com/2000/dec/3/sucralose_dangers.htm#

But for sure it is less harmful than that other sweetner aspartame from Monsanto.

Aussie, everything that you put into your body can be made to look poisonous. I have a huge book where I can find almost anything you can eat, and why it is harmful and can kill you. Same for using a microwave oven, cell phone, satellite tv, car, tooth fillings, tap water, etc. etc. etc. Everything can be made to look poisonous and harmful, or healthy and good for you, it's just a matter of who you ask.

My personal policy is to just not do or consume anything in excess. As for Splenda, it is very helpful to people looking to lose weight and specially to diabetics who should avoid refined sugar, which is why I made my comment. :)

Thanks for the info and good intentions. Applaud.

David Randolph

Thanks for the great technical analysis Melf Elf  :)

Volume is weak but that's not necessarily a bad thing as we've seen back on this thread (low volume may mean the 12 shareholders that might be looking to unload 69 million shares already sold everything they wanted).

If the product has quality, with CCE's help on the distribution side, I don't see why this story won't be a success. We just need to have patience and wait for the future. If BRVO.OB goes to $5 in a 3 year period that would mean a 100% average return for the next 3 years (compounded it would mean 700%).

Not bad. I know sometimes there are penny stocks and other stocks that make moves like this in just 1 week or so, but those are rare and risky. I don't see much risk in BRVO.OB, since I know the product exists, it has quality and there's a major distribution agreement going on.

I'll continue holding BRVO.OB.


Prfsr Hal

This may have been asked before, but out of curiosity, why is Bravo listed on the 3 SOF category rather than the Penny board?

Prfsr Hal

bocasva

Quote from: Prfsr Hal on November 05, 2005, 03:19:33 PM
This may have been asked before, but out of curiosity, why is Bravo listed on the 3 SOF category rather than the Penny board?

Prfsr Hal

David made an an exception on this one because of the high upward potential and other factors....you can read about it back on the thread when he last bought it(he has traded it in/out twice before)...

bmarc4211

On the Bravo website and in their press releases they list Sam's Club as one of their distribution retailers.  Their product is not listed on the Sam's website nor is it available in the local store.  Has anyone see otherwise?