3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

BRVO.OB

Started by David Randolph, May 30, 2005, 08:01:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

don

Thanks for that, GM.
Nothing new here. It would be interesting to know viital info. not diclosed, though:
1. These production commitments will satisfy the agreed
upon supply obligation of Bravo! to Coca-Cola Enterprises, Inc. (CCE), under
Bravo!'s Master Distribution Agreement with CCE by the summer of 2006.
. Details?
2. ...$2.7 million to Jasper. The agreement incorporates per unit monetary penalties for both unused capacity by Bravo! and any production shortfall by Jasper.
Roy Warren, Bravo!'s Chief Executive Officer, said, "The importance of
entering into this agreement with Jasper cannot be overstated. By it, we
satisfy our supply obligations under the CCE Master Distribution Agreement and
move closer to our long-term production goals."

Yes, but the question surely is, again, what are the details?
Jasper is a 50m pound gorilla and CCE is 600 pounds and Brvo is in the middle holding the rope. So, here is hoping that Jasper performs. Don.

jlong

From todays action I think they want to take it up to .80 so they can cash in those shares at .80. I can see definite  manipulation. Notice it closed above resitance today on less than 900000 volume. From what i noticed it will rise till RSI hits 80. There is usually a 5 to 7 cent range to play with. Sell before 80 RSI and buy back lower. follow this trend and you can make a lot of money.. check the charts. good luck to all.

jlong

Revision fast stochistic at 100, and rsi at 70 set at 6 months. fast at 100 today if rsi hits 70 tomorrow sell and buy back lower.

don

I am a buyer today. Check out market depth. Also, consider, and this is only conjecture so do not base your trading decisions on it - BRVO will be presenting at a large gathering at their financing house, next week. If market makers have their say - this stock should be looking very strong over the next few trading days. Enough of a trading range for Money to be made, imho. Sometimes you have to rely on your instincts. That TA is coinciding - hey, okay. Don.

puenthouse

 :D lol this is getting a buy high sell low message board
Learning from every trade.

fill_the_gap

#1025
I got a reply e-mail from Roy about the CC date.

Roy said they have not set a date yet but will issue a PR when they do.
And that most likely it will be the last week this month.

So I will continue the plan of buying into any call.  But holding into any call will not happen again.

They also have the presentation Tuesday which may help momentum before the CC.
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/060105/flth010.html?.v=37

Jeff
Just one opinion, do the research

don

#1026
lol this is getting a buy high sell low message board
Hey, I thought I had copyrited that!
O/T has anyone drawn your attention to body armor maker DHB?
Major shareholder is properted to be bad news.. But, the prodcut is supposed to be good, despite the negative spin doctors have put out on a recall about zylon inserts. I am very  interested in the -in-the-field user comments on the product.  PP me, if you have any commments on the product. tia, Don.

don

2 topics:
I have spoken with the company CFO,  on Jan 6:
let me share:
1. Guidance: there will be a NR call, dealing with guidance,in the 3rd or 4th week of January. This is more vague than Jeff's info. So, good on you, Jeff!
2. Quarter 4 2005: The release date for Q4 will depend on how fast they can get the year end closed (a much bigger deal than a quarters end). He figured we would see Q4 sometime around March 15. Maybe a tad earlier.
3. Plant Capacity/Production:
Production levels, right now, per month, are 2.5-2.8 mill units.

as per last week's NR, BRVO pays $2.7 mill to Jasper. It is my understanding that this is sufficient to get a new Tetrapac line filler TBA20 (or is it 22?) installed at Jasper, which will increase production capacity by 4.5 mill units per month...from 3.0 to 7.5. So, expect to see monthly processing capacity rise to 7.5 mill units, sometime in April May 2006. A new filler costs between $20-30 million btw. I guess they will enter into a capital lease.

4. Jasper: btw, The Dairy/Milk Farmers Assn of USA has an equity interest in this company, as well as in BRVO.
5. CCE: Which BRVO items does CCE carry ? 
Answer:  8 products. Sorry, I didn't write fast enough to get them.

6. My valuation project:
I have done some projections, but then so can anyone with a calculator.  Before I share, I need a more broad range of Price/Sales valuation ratios for the beverage industry. Any assistance would be appreciated!
So far, I have noted the following valuation ratios:
Hain Celestial Group Inc.  Price/Sales (ttm):1.21
Clearly Canadian Beverage Corporation. CCBEF.OB   Price/Sales (ttm):1.0
Cott Corporation(COTT)  P/S 0.61
Cadbury Schweppes P/S  1.7
don.

don

Hey, this is interesting. Note the trend - Coke people are taking over the new regional sales effort. Good news, I would say. Altho' of course costs will increase. But you dont make money unless you are prepared to spend it on people. With experience. Don.
Bravo! Foods Announces Appointment of Eight Sales Executives
Monday January 9, 8:30 am ET

NORTH PALM BEACH, Fla., Jan. 9 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Bravo! Foods International Corp. (OTC Bulletin Board: BRVO - News), a brand development and marketing company that manufactures, promotes and distributes vitamin- fortified, flavored milks, today announced the appointment of seven sales professionals to newly created Regional Manager positions. In addition, it announced a new Director of Sales - Vending and Schools.

ADVERTISEMENT
Michael Edwards, Bravo!'s Chief Revenue Officer, commented, "These new hires significantly bolster Bravo!'s sales capabilities, and will be instrumental in expanding the domestic penetration of our products and in supporting Coca-Cola Enterprises' sizable distribution system. We are pleased to have completed this significant personnel initiative as part of the ongoing development of our corporate infrastructure. We believe all of our new sales executives bring significant talent to Bravo!, and look forward to their contributions to the company's continued growth going forward."

Philip Huber was appointed Bravo!'s new Director of Sales - Vending and Schools. He has over 35 years' experience in executive management, sales management, administration, marketing, and direct sales. Huber was recently Executive Vice President and Managing Director of LM Capital Securities, Inc., an investment banking and investment management firm.

Geoffrey Sidlow is the new Director of Sales responsible for the Great Lakes region. He was most recently the Director of Ohio for Crossmark in Cincinnati, OH, where he managed key accounts and client relationships within the Grocery/Confection segment.

James Grieger will oversee the West-Northwest Quadrant for Bravo!. He spent more than 30 years with the Coca-Cola Bottling Company of Washington, most recently as the Education/Amusement Recreation Channel Manager.

Derek Graf is Bravo!'s new Director of Sales covering the Midwest. He was previously a District Sales Manager of Cold Drinks with Coca-Cola Enterprises.

The Southwest will be managed by Keith Pedelscleaux, a sales professional with 20 years' experience who also joins Bravo! from Coca-Cola Enterprises. He was most recently the ConocoPhillips National Account Executive, and prior to that he was the Chevron National Account Executive.

Margaret Sibilia will be responsible for the West-Southern Quadrant. She was previously the District Sales Manager for Coca-Cola Enterprises in San Leandro, California.

Peter Benario will be Bravo!'s Director of Sales - Northeast. He joins Bravo from H.P. Hood LLC in Boston, MA, where he was the Regional Sales Manager of Food Service products.

Nancy Williams will join Bravo!'s current Southeast Regional Manager, Bryce Boynton, in overseeing this region. Ms. Williams was formerly a Sales Representative for the Southeast Atlantic Beverage Company, and in the decade prior to that she held various positions with The Coca-Cola Company and with Coca-Cola Enterprises.

Fré

#1029
Bravo's flying. I'll sell some (50%) at 0.71, because I expect the chance of selling on the news bigger than a possible profit, but I'll keep the rest in case I'm wrong.

Good luck!

don


This just announced, in the category of any publicity is good publicity. Don.
Bravo! Foods Names New Chief Marketing Officer
Tuesday January 10, 7:45 am ET
Marketing and Ad Guru Stan Harris Joins Management Team

NORTH PALM BEACH, Fla., Jan. 10 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Bravo! Foods International Corp. (OTC Bulletin Board: BRVO - News), a brand development and marketing company that manufactures, promotes and distributes vitamin- fortified, flavored milks, announced today that it has selected Stan Harris as its first Chief Marketing Officer, effective January 1, 2006. Harris' firm, Harris Ideas, has served as the agency of record for Bravo! since November 2003, helping to launch many of the company's Slammers® lines of single- serve, vitamin fortified, flavored milks and other proprietary products.

Harris' career spans 35 years in advertising and marketing. He first worked for J.C. Penney in retail advertising where he received The Retail Marketing Association's award for creative excellence and was the youngest creative supervisor in company history. Jumping from the client side to the agency world, Harris worked at a predecessor to what is now Saatchi & Saatchi Worldwide, on global brands such as General Mills and Proctor & Gamble where he earned recognition from Advertising Age magazine's "Advertising in Television," awards for providing, "a significant milestone in the use of television techniques for marketing success."

Following this success, Harris launched his own agency, growing it from a two person shop to one of the largest independent advertising firms in the Southeast, with billings in excess of $100 million. The agency, Harris Drury Cohen, earned a national reputation for building brands through outstanding creative advertising and developed a stable of high-level clients including Celebrity Cruises, Wyndham Resorts, Sea Doo Personal Watercraft and Raymond James Financial Services, among others.

Recognizing a shift in consumer thinking and the diminishing returns of traditional marketing approaches, Harris sold his agency and founded Harris Ideas. The new venture's mission was to be an "ideas based marketing firm," creating unexpected marketing concepts to solve today's business problems. Harris Ideas' clients included Bravo! Foods, Turnberry Associates hospitality division, Pride Family Brands of outdoor furniture and Black Book® Online.

Bravo!, CEO Roy Warren stated, "We are truly fortunate to have had Stan working with us on the development and launch of many of our products and our success to date is in part due to his creative approach to reaching our core consumers. We'll need Stan's continued contributions as we develop new products, and to capitalize on our Master Distribution Agreement with Coca Cola Enterprises."

Commenting on his appointment, Harris said, "I'm excited to join an aggressive marketer like Bravo! Foods, who have already demonstrated a keen sense of how to make a solid connection with consumers in non-traditional ways," said Harris. "Whether it's working with proprietary brands like the new Breakfast Blenders(TM) or continuing to develop a following for the successful co-branded Slammers® line of single-serve, flavored milks, we will continue to implement marketing programs designed to appeal to consumers in unexpected, yet attention-getting ways."

Stan is the recipient of numerous awards for creativity and advertising effectiveness including Clio Awards; American Marketing Association Effie Awards; New York Advertising Festival Awards; and Local, Regional, National and Best of Show ADDY Awards. He was a founding Board Member of the Miami Ad School, one of the most highly regarded schools for creative excellence in the country; served as North American Chairman for Worldwide Partners, the largest network of independent advertising agencies; served on the Boards of The Make- A-Wish Foundation and the Greater Fort Lauderdale Jewish Federation and currently serves on the Advisory Board for the University of Florida School of Journalism Advertising Department and on the Board of Directors of the Broward Alliance.

don

Fre/Puento: apparent opposite viewpoints. I'm in agreement with Fre - took my profit on last weeks buys - sold at .72 yesterday (pure luck, if you ask me, as I placed the order and went to bed!) . It is so odd to see the board so quiet - did everyone else sell - at the same time as David? David, why are you not trading this one? It seems to fit your criteria, yet you remain on the sidelines.I find that odd - as the reason I was first attracted to 3SOF was that I was holding at $1 and you used TA to call the sell off (to 65) correctly. Nevr mind, this is my first trading profit in 4 months. It feels reassuring to call it yourself, as I know diddly squat about TA. Good luck to all. Don.

don

pure luck, . To be honest, I just realised as I reviewed my trading ... I did get hit with a stop loss type sale at 52. On Dec 22. That was an owie that I had missed. So, all I have managed this week is to cover that loss. So, the only true profit I am showing is O/T:
NRI, on OTC, TSE. Off limits ot most of you, I am sure. But again, money to be made. Limited to this week or next 10 days.  I will copy anyone who is interested in doing dd on it. PP me.  Don.

David Randolph

Hello don and other BRVO fans, finally I was able to buy and drink flavoured milk here in Portugal, unfortunately it wasn't BRVO's.

Somebody else took the opportunity first (Puleva, a Spanish company)

Good luck for those who continue holding the stock, I sold with bad timing, still waiting for the January update on business and guidance.

Fré

#1034
We have a similar kind of flavoured milk drinks here in Belgium (with apparently a same kind of packaging), but it's not Milky Way of course :).
Danone came first with the flavoured milk idea, but their products still need refrigeration.

What I remembered from the CC: not a lot of new information but this was interesting:

- The major part of the stocks that can be exercised below 0.80c are in the hands of CCE and (Bravo?) employees. Above 0.80c they can be exercised by institutional investors. I think this is quite reassuring on the 'dillution case'.

- They gave an exemple of potential earnings. If they could fill about 10% of CCE's vending machines, revenues would be about 320M. This won't happy any time soon, but it gives growth perspectives.

- The biggest problem is still the production bottleneck, despite the production capactities of 7.5M in spring. They expect demand in Dec '06 on: 27.000.000 units/month. Multiply this by 0.75cents/unit. That gives great potential revenues.