3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

GNBT.OB

Started by therman, June 16, 2005, 11:25:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WIll GNBT bounce off of our projected support levels?

Yes
No
No idea...

therman

GNBT a stock with great potential, I think.

Good News today.

Bought at 0,80

http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/javachart/javachart.asp?symb=gnbt&time=&freq=

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/h?s=GNBT

Made an edit to thread heading  "Bought GNBT right now"
These types of message with the Ticker Symbol become out of date.
Thank You
setravis



therman

GNBT bought at 0,80
close at 0,83

I think the following news will give a boost.

Generex Biotechnology to Present Clinical Trial Results at the Controlled Release Society Annual Meeting & Exposition June 18 - 22, 2005.

http://www.corporate-ir.net/ireye/ir_site.zhtml?ticker=gnbt&script=400

cumulina

I really hope you are right.

I have a bit too much of them, but with the coming news I think it'll be all right.

To me the product can't loose - it is something the big drugmakers (Novo and others) have been trying to develop for a while.

Crossing my fingers!  ;D

Cheers.
Happy trading...

:)

Cumulina.

therman

News: Another Step to secure revenues in future times:

Generex Biotechnology Receives Grant of Patent in Mexico
Monday June 20, 7:30 am ET 
Company Expands Drug Delivery Platform Patent Portfolio
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/050620/nym038.html?.v=14

I too think their product can´t loose and it´s only a matter of time the SP will explode.
And I expect it will happen this year. It can happen any day. ;D


wiseman213

#4
GNBT's Antigen Express division has received a patent to protect its targeted technology aimed at protecting humans from the H5N1 influenza strain ( Bird Flu). Many investors are just starting to find out about it. Almost 10 million shares were traded yesterday, or 40 times the average daily volume.

Most companies claiming to address the bird flu problem, only have me-too approaches like using common vaccines/medications for human flu. Amantadine, for instance, is a medication for treating human influenza. But researchers determined last year that the H5N1 bird flu strain circulating in Vietnam and Thailand, the two countries hardest hit by the virus, had become resistant to this and other drugs like it.

Here is the latest news regarding the company's patent for a vaccine to tackle the pandemic H5N1 influenza (bird flu):

h**p://biz.yahoo.***/prnews/050816/nytu042.html?.v=21

And here is more information about the company's patent:

4/26/2005 GENEREX BIOTECHNOLOGY RECEIVES AUSTRALIAN PATENT FOR NOVEL VACCINE TECHNOLOGY

Method of using peptides to enhance immune response has potential role in fighting cancer and pandemic influenza


TORONTO, Canada -- April 26, 2005 -- Generex Biotechnology Corp. (NasdaqSC: GNBT) announced today that its wholly owned subsidiary, Antigen Express, has received Australian Patent No. 778115 titled "Hybrid Peptides Modulate the Immune Response"; Antigen Express is designing and testing such vaccine peptides for the control of cancer and infectious diseases with a particular focus on the pandemic H5N1 influenza, which has been reported in South East Asia.

The specific award covers the use of vaccine peptides composed of the immunoregulatory Ii-Key peptide joined through a simple chemical spacer to MHC class II epitope peptides. Such hybrid peptides have about 200 times greater potency in vitro than the epitope-only peptide. In mouse vaccine experiments, such hybrids induce four-to-eight times greater T helper cell responses, when measured by special T helper cell assays.

A priority program for Generex and Antigen Express is the development of a vaccine using this technology to protect against pandemic H5N1 influenza. The Antigen Express vaccine could be used to prime T helper cell responses to a recombinant protein of H5 hemaglutinin. Such priming might be mandatory if recombinant H5 protein is in short supply, as some fear. Alternatively, the Antigen Express vaccine might be useful as a stand-alone vaccine if the pandemic progresses too swiftly.

The World Health Organization has warned that the H5N1 influenza might kill millions of persons worldwide, but vaccines against it cannot be easily raised because the virus is so strong that it kills the chicken embryos inside eggs in which vaccines are usually prepared. The current vaccine for the prevalent flu strains consists basically of H1 and H3 hemagglutinin proteins isolated from such inoculated eggs.

Development of the influenza H5 vaccine is being coordinated by Dr. Douglas Powell, Director of Immunobiology at Antigen Express. Powell trained at the National Institutes of Health with Dr. Tony Fauci and was a postdoctoral fellowship at the Gladstone Institute of Virology at University of California, San Francisco, with Dr. Warner Greene. He worked previously at DuPont Merck Pharmaceutical Co. (NYSE: DD) (NYSE: MRK), and most recently was Project Leader in Virology at Millennium Pharmaceuticals Inc. (Nasdaq: MLNM), working to identify novel T cellular targets for therapeutic intervention in HIV/AIDS.


Short term target: $1.5 .....

poorman1

Excellent find WISEMAN!  (Applaud)

Now $1.03, the chart is a little behind the RTQ.


calven

#6
Record volume and druge news. A good one to keep an eye on!
StockGravity.com - The Forces that Move Stocks!
http://www.stockgravity.com

setravis

Here is a thread already started.
Why they can't use the search and find this,and post here?
I will never know! Instead two new threads started today... Up nice today.
IMHO...It is so much better to have the history of a stock pick all on one thread.
"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis

dhiraj19

I wasnt able to find it this morning. I did the search. EliteG also had the same problem.
- Dhiraj  ???

wiseman213

Lots of manipulation at the end of the day. Most of the huge volume traded between 95c and $1.1. I expect the same tomorrow, possibly closing above $1 for good.

setravis

dhiraj19,
Sometimes when I do A search, when it comes back with what was found.
If I think it has not brough all info back, while I am there with what is already showing from the results of the first search ,I will re-type the ticker in the search and it will come back with more added to the results.Not bitchin at anyone.But do think the history of a pick all in one thread shows the trader so much more.And I do know some of the new members do not know are realize what the search will do for them.I was the same way.
"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis

dhiraj19

Setravis,

I am totally with you in this matter.  :) I understand your pain as I also go through it. But it was peculiar for this stock with me, so just shared my experience. Well I didnt start any thread.  :)

Anyways, did you get into this stock?   ;)

- Dhiraj

setravis

No, I didn't pull the trigger on it today....Maybe I should have?
I think tomorrow at the open. Did you buy in?
Good luck with your trades! Make some $$$$$
"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis

Terliso

#13
You know sometimes the problem here they posting subject that gets outdated very fast..

Example #1:
1.)  CTUM.OB 7m float insider buying! (pretty soon CTUM will be 8m float, or 6, 9 and so on that is why sometimes others are forced to make new thread)

Example #2:
2.) MOTG...up 40%  (this one is up 40% 11 days ago... why not make a subject that last as long as the stock exist or just simply put "MOTG" the main subject the ticker itself)

Example #3:
3.) CGPN-up over 160% on news (this one is up 160% a month ago--- that will be confusing with newbies or new to this website)



1) PHBT pure water play (this one is an example of long lasting subject...forever i believe as long as the stock is here)
2) My pick on CYAD (good subject)
3) MBAH-triple bottom (bad subject)
4) XSNX up 100% today, why? (bad subject)
5) SWKJ.OB – On High Alert... (this one was ok)

I GOT ALL THESE SUBJECTS FROM PENNY STOCK PICKING....


If we could just change the main subject (the very first post) there will be no problem ...maybe Ramsburg can help  ;)


Amarens

Hi Terlisa,

Agree with you. Already tried some time ago to convince Ramsburg to enter not only the name of the person who started it but also a starting date. Would also help solving your irritation.

Will give it another try.

Amarens