3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

GNBT.OB

Started by therman, June 16, 2005, 11:25:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WIll GNBT bounce off of our projected support levels?

Yes
No
No idea...

stocks2watch2

Per Briefing.com, Notice they only mention bird flu stocks moving up, GNBT, and HEB.

09:12  Gapping Up

Gapping up on strong earnings/guidance: SNTO +39%, ISRG +28%, SIMG +15%, FFIV +15%, INSP +12%, SCSS +8.6% (also BB&T upgrade), AV +8%, SSTI +7.4%, IRIX +6%, RFMD +4.1%, ADP +2%... Other News: BOT +5.6% (to report Q3 on Friday), SPIR +4.8% (receives NIH grant), PCU +3% (Mad Money mention), ILSE +2.9% (extends yesterday's 16% move), MU +2.3%, BP +1.4% (analyst upgrade), IDIX +1.4% (prices offering), BIDU +1.2% (trades higher ahead of Q3 report tonight)... Small cap bird flu stocks moving again: HEB +4.4%, GNBT +7.5%... Under $3: CBMX +43% (launches comprehensive microarray which can detect flu strains, including bird flu), AATK +9%.

catrader

rebought this at 1.23 after selling last week at 0.94.  i think there is too much momentum in this sector to ignore and gnbt might be one of the ones to go flying next. well hope the avian flu is not as big as the news makes it out to be.  But in the mean time get in the sector.  and gnbt has other products in the pipeline!

Terliso

samething here catrader, re-bought at $1.21 after selling yesterday at 1.08

usedcasting

Resistance at $1.25 hopefully a thing of the past today. Next stop $1.55

Great day all!
Know when to hold'em, know when to fold'em

stocks2watch2

Briefing.com, Pre Mkt.
Bird flu stocks are higher on comments from GSK that it was accelerating preparations to supply bird flu vaccine in the event of a pandemic, according to Reuters: SVA +7.4%, NVAX +6.5%, HEB +4.1%, GNBT +3.2%...

Looks like they might trade up again today.

stocks2watch2

Generex Biotechnology Presents Proposal to Interested U.S. Senators to Accelerate Development of Novel Pandemic Avian Influenza Vaccine
Company Seeks Congressional Support to Expedite Development of Its Avian Flu Vaccine
10/27/2005 12:15:39 PM


TORONTO, Oct 27, 2005 (MARKET WIRE via COMTEX) -- Generex Biotechnology Corporation (GNBT) announced today that senior representatives of the Company, together with executives of Antigen Express, Inc., its wholly owned immunotherapeutics subsidiary, presented a proposal today to interested senior senators to seek support for the accelerated development of its novel vaccine for H5N1 avian influenza.


The Company believes that the novel vaccine being developed at Antigen Express will be a valuable asset in combating avian influenza. The vaccine being developed is based on a proprietary platform technology whereby protein fragments (epitopes) from a novel antigen are identified and modified to enhance T helper cell stimulation. Activation of T helper cells has been shown to be essential in establishing an acquired immune response and in immunological memory. These features are particularly important in mounting an effective response to the potentially pandemic H5 strain of avian influenza.

"We believe we have made excellent progress in developing a novel vaccine to counter a pandemic avian influenza," said Anna Gluskin, President & Chief Executive Officer of Generex. "Our proprietary platform technology has been used to develop other immunotherapeutic vaccines that are currently in clinical trials, and we believe that the ease of manufacturing these vaccines and the urgent need to provide immunization merits congressional support for our activities. We are encouraged by the initial response to our proposal from these senior senators to help us in accelerating the development of our influenza vaccine."

Since the Antigen Express compound is a peptide, it can be manufactured easily and relatively inexpensively in any of a variety of existing manufacturing plants in large amounts. A serious limitation on most other proposed vaccines for H5 avian influenza is the inability to manufacture large quantities.

Antigen Express is developing other immunotherapeutic vaccines for cancer and infectious diseases using its proprietary technology platform enhancing T helper cell stimulation. The nature of the platform is such that any novel infectious agent can be analyzed rapidly for identification of MHC class II epitopes and subsequent modification for increased potency in stimulating T helper cells in an antigen-specific fashion.



LiveLife

Hello all!

Bought this morning (diversifying from NVAX gains)  ;)
Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day - Teach a man to fish, you feed him for life.

LiveLife

#37
Repost from NVAX board today:

What can I say...

What happened today?

Was it the bearish market trend?  Was it profit taking that went overboard?

I had to look at my wife this morning and we made an executive decision.

With the broad based sell off (the sea of red!), we decided to sell and hold cash and ride out the bearish market trend.  And return on rebound.

While I watched the intraday charts in disbelief, I began looking at my 20-40 stock list that I was going to "diversify" my gains from NVAX into.  I had a discussion with my retired daytrader dad and I decided to "park" my money in GNBT (yes, he gave me the "buy" nod).

GNBT was one of few "Avian related" plays that wasn't affected by the bearish selloff.  So, I figured that it would be a good stock to be "parked" in while reassessing the bearish market trend and the Avian stock plays.

I bought 36,000 shares at $1.34.

Good trading!
Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day - Teach a man to fish, you feed him for life.

Terliso

#38
Just sold my shares  :D 20% gain not bad.... this one might correct pretty soon waiting for pullback, too overbought... if not, then i'm happy with 20% gain  ;) happy trading to all

LiveLife

Repost from NVAX board today:

As the news of today's bearish selloff gets around, a lot of people are going to be upset and probably "vent" and will say the wrong things out of shock and frustration.

I too could not believe my eyes this morning after having done "exhaustive" postings on Novavax.  I kept telling myself and everyone that this morning was just an extended profit taking after "spectacular" gains on Tuesday.  I spent several hours listening to the conference presentation and painfully transcribed almost every word (yes, the CEO does need some speech lessons), he spoke and was convinced with each passing paragraph how "right" Novavax is.  I still believe in the company and the new leadership of the management team.

But we are stock traders, not investors.  If you are an investor or long, you can ignore the rest of this post because I believe Novavax will rebound and continue it's climb back to the "destined" target it will reach, as Avian flu is played out.  Longs will probably stay in until the managers start to sell.

As I stated numerous times before, I am a swing trader, who took a break on NVAX to become a "temporary" long.  As of today, I am back in "FULL" swing trader mode.  Yes, I already had a nice talk with my wife who reviewed my trade log and found that I let over $20,000 worth of swing trades go.  I am glad to report that when I finally sold NVAX this morning, I made $25,000 (She still insists that I should have swing traded).   ;)

My initial take on what happened today is that there was a broad based bearish sell off today, not just the Avian plays.  I do not believe it was anything Novavax did or Avian related.  This is the stock market, and days like today does exists.  if you don't believe that, then you need a reality check of current volatile bearish market trend we have been in since July (about the time I seriously started back stock trading!) see "Bear" chart below.

What next?  If you are holding NVAX, then market will probably rebound.  Will it happen tomorrow?  I am not a fortune teller.  What happended today will make a lot of people have a second and more cautious look at Avian plays and the stock market as a whole.  Should you buy/hold/sell?  I believe that will depend on what happens tomorrow and there on.

In a still bearish market, Avian related bio-tech sector gave a nice place for the traders to "camp out" the past several weeks.  I believe today will change all that.  Tonight, there will be reviews after review.  Charts will be examined and various analysis done as to what happened today.

As David stated earlier this week, "NVAX is now a speculative play."  I think that sums it up nicely.  We all speculated on NVAX and some of us still experienced a very nice gain.  Some of us that came in late, experienced a lot of loss yesterday and today.

Once the reality of the market set in, I had to cash out (yes, as long as I am married to my wife, she will make me do that after so many % of loss).  Not wanting to miss out on a rebound gain (the swing trader in me), I quickly reviewed my 20-40 stock list and even called my dad (retired part-time daytrader) and we discussed what we should do.  In the sea of red, GNBT was the only green beacon that had significant gain today, seemingly "immune" to the bearish selloffs that were going on.  I did the fastest chart/technical analysis that I have done in my life and "parked" my trading capital, 36,000 shares!  Although, even GNBT was not immune to the bearish afternoon and closed at $1.21 (down $0.04) from the day's high of $1.51 (missed out on another $4,000 of gain...Dang).   ;)

Crazy?  I am probably certifiable after today.   ;)

As soon as I made the buy, I tried to alert everyone else.  I made my post here and placed numerous =ALERT= posts in Yahoo MB in the hopes that those still holding NVAX shares will not experience any more loss today (I sold at $4.30).

What next?  I am going to review my trade log tonight and the 20-40 stock list that I have monitored and determine which stock(s) I will want to buy back on rebound of stock(s) and/or market.  In the meantime, I'll have my trade capital parked with GNBT and will post there.

I'll monitor the NVAX board and respond post if there are specific questions addressed to me.  I have been corresponding with quite a few traders by email and you can email me as well (I do respond).  ;)

Take care,

Good trading!
Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day - Teach a man to fish, you feed him for life.

LiveLife

#40
GNBT seemed immune from today's broad based bearish selloff, but still felt the affects by late afternoon, closing down $0.04 at $1.21 from the day's high of $1.51 but with 20 million shares traded!!! That's HUGE volume considering that Institutional/money managers did not buy today.  Aweful lot of "retail" buyers (that's us) bought GNBT!!!

There has been many posts on Yahoo MB that many took profit from NVAX, SVA, HEB, and even   BCRX and bought GNBT.

There was no Institutional/money manager buy/sell activity reported to Lycos I-watch today.  When I pulled the month I-watch chart, back in 10/19, there was a sell request, but was not executed.  With recent gains experienced, in regards to the Avian flu, they seem to be "holding" while allowing the gain to proceed.

I bought GNBT (yes, all 36,000 shares this morning!) to "park" my trade capital while I review the list of stocks I monitor.  From my "brief" preliminary research, outlook looks promising, at least short-term.

Good trading!
Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day - Teach a man to fish, you feed him for life.

Terliso

Quote from: Terlisa on October 27, 2005, 02:32:49 PM
Just sold my shares  :D 20% gain not bad.... this one might correct pretty soon waiting for pullback, too overbought... if not, then i'm happy with 20% gain  ;) happy trading to all

That's is why i sold today because the RSI indicator is telling me to take profit ;)

LiveLife

Yes Terlisa,

This morning, GNBT was the only "green" beacon in the sea of RED that was gaining in price.

That's why I decided to "park" my trading capital with GNBT, thinking that "retail traders" (that's us) were selling off their stock positions and buying GNBT.  The 20 million shares trades with no Institutional/money manager activity express a "tremendous" significance.

I am a swing trader, and I watch the market closely day by day.  After the last two days of selloff, I will be even more cautious about this still "bearish" market.

Good trading!
Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day - Teach a man to fish, you feed him for life.

ehos

Hate to be contrarian/disagreeable...

but 'parking' money in a speculative play isn't really 'parking your capital.' 

The usual term refers to putting money is a safer/less volitile play.   GNBT is VERY volatile.  It could swing +/- 10,20, even 50%   That, sorry to say is a horrible place to 'park' your money.



Terliso

Quote from: ehos on October 28, 2005, 01:22:12 AM
Hate to be contrarian/disagreeable...

but 'parking' money in a speculative play isn't really 'parking your capital.' 

The usual term refers to putting money is a safer/less volitile play.   GNBT is VERY volatile.  It could swing +/- 10,20, even 50%   That, sorry to say is a horrible place to 'park' your money.

I agree, i have a feeling we will see red again for GNBT tomorrow.. just a feeling ;)