3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

GNBT.OB

Started by therman, June 16, 2005, 11:25:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WIll GNBT bounce off of our projected support levels?

Yes
No
No idea...

gharknes

i had my buy order set at 2.25, looks like missed by a couple of dimes, 60k's worth :-(

Ramsburg

Quote from: gharknes on April 05, 2006, 02:27:49 PM
i had my buy order set at 2.25, looks like missed by a couple of dimes, 60k's worth :-(

:-\ I know... it sucks...  :'( :'(

I was probably being too much conservative on the plan... But catching a knife is so difficult and risky, it had to be this way, I had to limit our risk to 16% only...

I'll be monitoring GNBT, and this support level (it's an ascending line), maybe we can catch it later.

regards !
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

netfishmademerich

GNBT seems to be having a hard time getting above $2.60

I think it'd be a lot safer to buy if it can close about that.

Loffigus

#213
I think were going to look back at this stock in 6-8 months and think it was silly of us not to buy at these prices. (I don't own shares by the way, but I am considering buying some very soon). 
Just think -- these stocks are starting to fly and the disease is not even widespread like predicted.  Imagine what they will do when people start needing vaccines en-masse

Also - it can take a couple of seasons for the bird flu to take off.  We may see the start of an outbreak this spring/summer only to have it build into next year. 


fous

GNBT looking like its ready to stabilize and resume its bullish trend. Price action retraced right to the 50ema and bouncing back up. As well the 61.8% fibonacci retracement was met yesterday and brokeout back above it today. As well :) a piercing line candle formation. With all of these "as wells" i think GNBT is in a prime area for a purchase. Im buying tomorrow morning

-fous

Piercing Lines

Significance: bullish

Indication: reversal

# of candles: 2

Previous Trend: Bearish


A bullish piercing line pattern appears in the midst of a downtrend and indicates a bottom reversal pattern. The more oversold the market is when this candle pattern forms, the more significant the indication of a reversal may be.

The pattern is characterized by a downtrend, we then see a long black candle reinforcing this bearish trend. On the second the market opens gapped down below the close of the prior day. The day is looking great for the bears, but then unexpectedly the market surges to close above the priors days close ,"piercing" the downtrend. For this pattern to be significant it is important that the close pushes half way or more the the black candles real body. Confirmation of this pattern is followed by higher close on the 3rd day.

Note: Candlestick reversal patterns are significantly more potent when occuring near areas of support and resistence.
trade it like you mean it!

fous

GNBT looking like its ready to stabilize and resume its bullish trend. Price action retraced right to the 50ema and bouncing back up. As well the 61.8% fibonacci retracement was met yesterday and brokeout back above it today. As well :) a piercing line candle formation. With all of these "as wells" i think GNBT is in a prime area for a purchase and still think the knife is in reach to be caught ;). Im buying tomorrow morning

-fous

Piercing Lines

Significance: bullish

Indication: reversal

# of candles: 2

Previous Trend: Bearish


A bullish piercing line pattern appears in the midst of a downtrend and indicates a bottom reversal pattern. The more oversold the market is when this candle pattern forms, the more significant the indication of a reversal may be.

The pattern is characterized by a downtrend, we then see a long black candle reinforcing this bearish trend. On the second the market opens gapped down below the close of the prior day. The day is looking great for the bears, but then unexpectedly the market surges to close above the priors days close ,"piercing" the downtrend. For this pattern to be significant it is important that the close pushes half way or more the the black candles real body. Confirmation of this pattern is followed by higher close on the 3rd day.

Note: Candlestick reversal patterns are significantly more potent when occuring near areas of support and resistence.
trade it like you mean it!

Ramsburg

Looks like this knife knows how to fly before hitting the floor...   ::)

We are just going to update our buying order according to the support level:
We will set a limit buy order to buy GNBT tomorrow @ $2.27, (stop @ $1.92).

Best regards !
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

gharknes

not sure we see that price again for a long time...hope I'm wrong, I missed the low yesterday by 2cents, if I had set my limit order at 2.30 I would now own some 50k shares worth a lot more,  I have placed another buy limit order at 2.30 considering to change it to 2.50, this stock is slipping away rom those that didn't buy yesterday with a possible target of $5 +

what is keeping me from buying right now is 3sof recommended buy limit price, you guys are seldom wrong and I'd hate to buy this now to see <2.30 in a few days.

mexirafa

#218
Let's work with what we have today, what happened yesterday is history and we can only benefit from it. I am also anxious to buy GNBT right now as well but I don't have enough experience to play it at this very moment as the rest of the guys on the board.  For me, it is probably "safer" to buy as Rams says, if it it doesn't happen, we'll find another play soon. If you are already on board, I hope you make tons of cash!!

take care,
rafael
8)
" It is  always profitable to study our own mistakes"

fill_the_gap

Full Coverage: Bird Flu

Enlarge Photo ReutersTests Confirm Scotland Swan Had Bird Flu

AP - 2 hours, 9 minutes ago
LONDON - Tests have confirmed a dead swan found in Scotland had the deadly H5N1 strain of bird flu, Britain's national farming union said Thursday. Britain's Department of Environment, Food and Rural Affairs contacted the union to confirm the result, said Peter Kendall, the union president. An announcement from the department was expected later Thursday, said a spokesman, speaking on condition of anonymity in accordance with policies for civil servants.

Q&A: Bird flu in the UK - Lessons from Vietnam at BBC
Poultry industry braced for impact at The Guardian | Disease overview at FAO
Avian Flu Updates at WHO   Slideshow   Discuss


Off the Wires
Deadly H5N1 bird flu found in UK
Just one opinion, do the research

Ramsburg

#220
Quote from: gharknes on April 06, 2006, 07:46:37 AM
not sure we see that price again for a long time...hope I'm wrong, I missed the low yesterday by 2cents, if I had set my limit order at 2.30 I would now own some 50k shares worth a lot more,  I have placed another buy limit order at 2.30 considering to change it to 2.50, this stock is slipping away rom those that didn't buy yesterday with a possible target of $5 +

It sucks to miss an entry by a few ticks...  :-\
I agree with your targets above $5...

Quote from: gharknes on April 06, 2006, 07:46:37 AM
what is keeping me from buying right now is 3sof recommended buy limit price, you guys are seldom wrong and I'd hate to buy this now to see <2.30 in a few days.

Please, if you are really into buying GNBT, don't stop because of our plan ;)
About we not being wrong... I've just closed the TGC trade today at the same price we bought it, after having the stock 5 cents below our exit price +35% a few days ago... We are wrong a lot of times believe it ;)  And missing targets and entries by a few ticks its my middle name  ::)
By running this service, our goal is to create the best opportunities to our subscribers, and I see it as indicative information for those who are familiar with the markets. I'm sure a lot of people are already with a good profit on GNBT, and probably we at 3SOF made the worst trade in TGC within the whole group ;) That makes me happy even if our portfolio would not show this on the record.

About GNBT, probably I'm being too much conservative now, but I hate to chase stocks on the run, and as you may understand I'm not trading alone here ;)

Quote from: mexirafa on April 06, 2006, 09:27:17 AM
Let's work with what we have today, what happened yesterday is history and we can only benefit from it. I am also anxious to buy GNBT right now as well but I don't have enough experience to play it at this very moment as the rest of the guys on the board.  For me, it is probably "safer" to buy as Rams says, if it it doesn't happen, we'll find another play soon. If you are already on board, I hope you make tons of cash!!

take care,
rafael
8)

Thats it mexirafa !
This is a wild stock ;) And even if we fail to do this trade now, «The market will be here everyday» ;)

regards !
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

Maestro

Quote from: Ramsburg on April 06, 2006, 12:28:39 PMAbout GNBT, probably I'm being too much conservative now, but I hate to chase stocks on the run, and as you may understand I'm not trading alone here ;)

New to 3SOF (since March 20, 2006), I like its relatively conservative approach.

Miss out on one stock today, catch another opportunity tomorrow!

labelladonna

Hello! This is a very interesting case. The reason the stock went up at a higher price than the original entry is, I believe, because it is a diabetes stock, not just an avian flu stock at all. It has an oral form of insulin that is being marketed internationally. I bought it before Fred posted his much lower entry. So, I sold. Not listening to myself.  I knew this stock. Then I missed everything subsequently, being too scared to enter.

Also, buying speculative momentum plays recommended here have at least some rationale, both fundamental and technical. But the GNBT recommendation would have benefitted from a better understanding of the company.

So, what did I learn? Sometimes (not always), it pays to listen to your gut feeling (based on knowledge and experience with a given stock). And, I appreciate the final observation that there is always another stock out there. So, let go, let go, let go. Patience, patience, patience. I'm saying all this to myself. And study.

Anyway, I learn new things everyday and am grateful to have so much friendly, humble, and informed help on the way.

Bobbi

Ramsburg

We are going to put this trade in standby for now, and check price development for the next days.

Our limit order to buy GNBT is now deleted.

Best regards !
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

shawFund

Don't be over excited about the short bounce back.

The down trend may resume. This stock has no fundamental support, a story stock.
The bull run will not last.

Many good stocks to buy at this time. Some of our previous picks are posted on MSPD thread.