3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

GNBT.OB

Started by therman, June 16, 2005, 11:25:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WIll GNBT bounce off of our projected support levels?

Yes
No
No idea...

lovethebag

 i think GNBT is ready to go up again

D&Data

gnbt still in the game

+12% on this news :

Generex Biotechnology Announces Presentation of Interim Breast Cancer Trials Results and Bird Flu Vaccine Strategy

guledh0

IF GNBT keeps the good news coming we will see a very nice year.

pompano

GNBT could be back in play.  Big volume coming in now.

statement00

Quote from: pompano on June 20, 2006, 09:46:31 AM
GNBT could be back in play.  Big volume coming in now.

Nice catch pompano, it looks like it broke out of its slide. I'm keeping an eye on it, thanks.

tokyopua

Looks like 3SOF missing the limit buy at 2.27 back in April was a good thing considering the stock is trading at 1.31.  But I thought I would try to revive some interest in watching this and other bird flu stocks now that 3SOF has bought SVA.  I havent bought any yet, but thought I would tap the braintrust here for opinions.
Chance favors the prepared mind

Ramsburg

Quote from: tokyopua on August 08, 2006, 10:25:04 PM
Looks like 3SOF missing the limit buy at 2.27 back in April was a good thing considering the stock is trading at 1.31.  But I thought I would try to revive some interest in watching this and other bird flu stocks now that 3SOF has bought SVA.  I havent bought any yet, but thought I would tap the braintrust here for opinions.

At that time (April 5), we missed the entry by a few ticks, our order was at $2.20, the low of that swing was $2.27 and after that (1 month later) GNBT traded at 3.25... i dont think we would lost money on that trade if we did get filled ;)

GNBT is now testing again the support at 1.28, for the third time... this could be a triple bottom, but the main configuration is a descending triangle pattern... Not sure if the risk / reward ratio is good here.
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

cumulina

GNBT might be worth keeping an eye on now. Somebody is buying some mighty big chunks of it.


http://biz.yahoo.com/iw/060816/0154779.html

Press Release   Source: Generex Biotechnology

Generex Biotechnology Granted New U.S. Drug Delivery Patent
Wednesday August 16, 1:00 pm ET

Patent Covers Broad Claims for the Delivery of Macromolecules via the Buccal Cavity of the Mouth

TORONTO--(MARKET WIRE)--Aug 16, 2006 -- Generex Biotechnology Corporation (NASDAQ:GNBT - News), the leader in metabolic diseases drug delivery through the inner lining of the mouth, announced today that the United States Patent and Trademark Office has granted the Company a new United States Patent entitled Methods of Administering and Enhancing Absorption of Pharmaceutical Agents. The patent covers broad claims for the delivery of macromolecules via the buccal cavity of the mouth.
Happy trading...

:)

Cumulina.

tokyopua

I got in a few days ago at 1.36 and was an instant bagholder that day >:(, but news brought it up 12.6 % today :):

http://biz.yahoo.com/iw/060816/0154779.html

Sounds like a pretty big deal for drug delivery without needles via the buccal region of the mouth (insulin for diabetics without needles, etc.)

Now the weekly and daily candlesticks say to buy, I think this news can boost GNBT in the meantime until it also starts running based on bird flu season.  Only drawback here is the long term descending trendline from May, it closed there today... A close above 1.45 or so should be a breakout of the long term descending trendline, I am hoping to see that soon. 
Chance favors the prepared mind

Melf Elf

Quote from: tokyopua on August 17, 2006, 12:10:34 AM
I got in a few days ago at 1.36 and was an instant bagholder that day >:(, but news brought it up 12.6 % today :):

tokyopua,

Glad that you got a rally. 

In general, if I might suggest, you don't want to hold through a break of support like GNBT just had below 1.31...1.30 support.  There were 3 days of print lows at 1.25, and the pattern also broke on a closing basis (below 1.31...1.30 support).

Fortunately, it looks like the break below the Descending Triangle was a fakeout, with GNBT now having broken the Descending Triangle to the upside , but look at May 9,where the pattern broke to the downside, at 2.79. 

If we were long there, and decided not to stop out the trade...UGH.  That's how we become serious bagholders, if you see what I mean.  GNBT is down more than 50%, juist from the point of the break.

Quote from: Ramsburg on August 09, 2006, 02:29:13 AM
swing was $2.27 and after that (1 month later) GNBT traded at 3.25... i dont think we would lost money on that trade if we did get filled ;)

We would have been fine if, for example, we:

1. Sold half when the 2.94 target MADE. "Take profits when targets get MADE."

Gain from 2.27, if we sold some there, would have been 29.51%.

2. Sold the pattern break, at 2.79.  "Honor Thy Stops."

Gain from 2.27, if we sold the remainder there, would have been 22.9%

Good luck with your trade!


Melf Elf

Tokyopua,

I like the trading in GNBT today.

The top of the Descending Triangle came in at 1.337.  After 10AM, 21,114 shares traded at 1.33, and that was the print low for the day.

After near-term 1.45-1.46 resistance jsut above here, next resistance is 1.54-1.56.  That's the recent highs and also the declining 50DMA, as of yesterday.

You might consider banking a better than 10% profit near there on half your position, and see what happens with the rest.

Just a suggestion.  Good luck. 

Melf Elf

Quote from: Melf Elf on August 18, 2006, 04:33:03 PM
Tokyopua,

I like the trading in GNBT today.

The top of the Descending Triangle came in at 1.337.  After 10AM, 21,114 shares traded at 1.33, and that was the print low for the day.

That trendline validation held.

Quote

After near-term 1.45-1.46 resistance jsut above here,

Nice pop this morning when 1.46 got taken out.

Quote

next resistance is 1.54-1.56.  That's the recent highs and also the declining 50DMA, as of yesterday.

The print high so far this morning is 1.56.



Quote
You might consider banking a better than 10% profit near there on half your position, and see what happens with the rest.

Just a suggestion.  Good luck. 

Same suggestion.

tokyopua

Hi Melf,

Thanks for the analysis, I didnt notice it in time, but if I had a limit sell order in at 1.56 I would have timed it perfectly for a trade as per your prediction.

However, I am thinking of this as hopefully a long term trade, and my position is small enough that selling half of it isnt as meaningful.

Here is what I am thinking looking at the chart today and in general:

1.) A close anywhere around 1.48 or above would make a nice Rising Three Methods candlestick pattern over the last 6 day period.  It would also be more powerful because the volume on the two "big" up days looks to be about 3X normal volume recently, and 3X more than the average days in between the two white candles, giving further confirmation to the pattern. 

2.) Bird flu stocks aside from SVA performing well recently, NVAX and AVII have been really strong.

3.) Bird flu season getting underway, I would hope for at least a double from here if I make this a long term hold.

I am hoping all this outweighs the recent resistance at 1.56 and that a breakout about 1.56 occurs within a few days.
Chance favors the prepared mind

Melf Elf

Quote from: tokyopua on August 23, 2006, 12:46:29 PM
I am hoping all this outweighs the recent resistance at 1.56 and that a breakout above 1.56 occurs within a few days.

tokyopua,

Right.  That would be good if it would stop here at 1.56 for a neckline, go down for a few days and form a Right Shoulder, then breakout.  Especially after the horrible downtrend since March, some more base-building for a rally would be good. 

A breakout would put a target of 1.87 IN PLAY.

Math:

Neckline: 1.56
Low: 1.25

1.56 - 1.25 = 0.31 points...1.56 + 0.31 = Target 1.87

Melf Elf

The Symmetrical Triangle breakout at 1.52 put a target of 1.61 IN PLAY.  High on the day: 1.60 (22,000 shares, right at the closing bell). 

I would have preferred a neckline at 1.56, but it's a nice day for GNBT, up 13½%.

Math for the Symmetrical Triangle:

High: 1.56
Low: 1.47

1.56 - 1.47 = 0.09 added to the 1.52 breakout...1.52 + 0.09 = Target: 1.61