3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

Stock Screeners/Scans

Started by dwest718, November 07, 2005, 08:05:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwest718

I wasn't sure where to post this but can anyone tell me what screeners they use and/or where they find them (websites or software or otherwise)?  I've been using the one provided by Yahoo Finance and started using the Stockcharts one a little bit... but I havn't paid for any subscriptions or anything so everything I've found so far has been kind of basic?  Any suggestions?

Ramsburg

Quote from: dwest718 on November 07, 2005, 08:05:34 PM
I wasn't sure where to post this but can anyone tell me what screeners they use and/or where they find them (websites or software or otherwise)?  I've been using the one provided by Yahoo Finance and started using the Stockcharts one a little bit... but I havn't paid for any subscriptions or anything so everything I've found so far has been kind of basic?  Any suggestions?

Hi dwest718 !

Me and David we use MetaStock (www.equis.com), for screening Technical Analysis Setups from a database of 11,000 stocks.

best regards,
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

dwest718

Thanks for the advice Ramsburg ... but do you know of anything that might be a little cheaper  ;D ?... $500 is a little rich for my newbie blood  :'( .  I've got to make a little bit of money first to finance that purchase  :D but I'm definitely going to look into it!

mexirafa

#3
hello everyone,

I just got tired of sitting in my PC Computer long hours looking at charts, I use TELECHART 2005. I like the software, very clean and clear.  2 things I did not like about it.

1. It does not have the .OB stocks
2. it only works with a windows operating system

I am switching to Stockcharts.com.  This way I can be in the couch, at my office or in bed and still keep on working. Also, this way my wife gives me less of a hard time beacuse I usually go to sleep very, very late at night. ;D . You know, I am a newbie, so I am hooked looking at charts all night long!!!! >:D.

One more reason, I see most of the postings in the 3SOF are done with Stockcharts

We'll see how it goes,
rafael
8)
" It is  always profitable to study our own mistakes"

wrangler

Hi dwest718
You might want to check out this site,,stockfetcher.com. I'm not a paying member and I like that because when you run a scan it will show you when they first came out with the alert ten day's ago and also show where it is at now and that way you can see if it has continued to go up or has pulled back since alert was first given ten day's ago.
Hope you the best of luck in trading :)
http://www.stockfetcher.com/stockdb/fetcher
wrangler