3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

Smack Talkin' Thread

Started by Lucas Scott, November 10, 2005, 02:29:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwest718

#15
I agree with Lucas ;D.  I was also wondering if you might change up the membership part of the prize at some point (ie make it optional to exchange for cash) or increase the prize  ;D.

Maybe a system like this would work:
1st - [$250] and [1-yr membership]
                  or [6-month membership + extra $225]
                  or [1-month membership + extra $450]
                  or [extra $500]

2nd - [$150]
        or [1-month membership + $100]

3rd - [$100]
        or [1-month membership + $50]

That way 1st - 3rd have the possibility of getting money and/or a membership and if they are already one year (or other time-length) members than they can get money to invest immediately.  What does everyone else think... it's basically the same thing Lucas said... with a twist  :D.

calven

I'd like to say UBET sucks. Plain and simple. After hearing that conference call I see no reason to buy here. In fact its a short from my perspective. Broke the long term ascending support line....would not be suprised if this pick goes down 20% and i "win" for the highest LOSS.  :o

BTW =  I also personally got stopped out for -6% as my stop was just below the 200 day ma...
StockGravity.com - The Forces that Move Stocks!
http://www.stockgravity.com

stocky

Bought GTE today, would sell if it closes below 2.2. Resistance at 2.4.

I owned this stock in pre-reverse penny days. At that time it was not ready but now I think its technically and speculatively ready for sharp gains and it could even double by the end of the contest.

Goodluck and tumbs up for recommending. Hope CKCM atleast keep its gains. Though I am expecting it to double in 12 month time.

setravis

Smack Talk Time...... ;D
LOL...I did make it to the Green today. Watch out guys and gals I'm bringing up the rear !  :D
Watch out all these members above me....LOL...I'm on fire. ;) @ #18

#     Member         Pick         Buy Price        Today         Last             G/L

#1   vic666           SVA         5.24             +6.06%       7.00            33.59%
#2   Lucas Scott    GTE         1.85             +1.24%       2.45            32.43%
#3   tugsinav         HOM        5.09             +0.15%       6.70            31.63%
#4   defenderyou   BMD        6.07             +6.26%       7.64            25.86%
#5   stocky            CKCM      22.14            +5.21%      27.85           25.79%
#6   guitarman       SWC        9.59             +2.34%      11.80           23.04%
#7   RIGHT SIDE    AMR        14.35            -0.34%       17.49           21.88%
#8   la-onda           GIGM        2.08             +3.75%      2.49            19.71%
#9  Tatrader          SYNC      4.39               0.00%        5.09            15.95%
#10 owen654321  KOMG      28.13            +2.26%       31.19           10.88%
#11 Amarens         WZEN     6.95               -0.51%        7.68            10.50%
#12 wgsick            CRDN      41.71             +1.40%      45.50             9.09%
#13 Se7en            AVAN       1.61              -5.41%        1.75             8.70%
#14 puenthouse    CHK         28.01             +3.17%       29.64           5.82%
#15 netfish           WGAT      2.785             -1.01%        2.94            5.57%
#16 akclide           IVAC         11.97             +0.32%      12.55           4.85%
#17 Athakinu        ACTU        3.36               +0.86%      3.50             4.17%
#18 setravis          OSUR        11.18              +4.77%     11.64            4.11%
#19 rickjust           NFLX         27.69             +1.02%      28.71           3.68%
#20 dhiraj19         HPQ          28.51              -0.41%      29.28            2.70%
#21 healey           SIRI            7.00               -2.06%      7.13             1.86%
#22ScottishTraderCNXT           2.34                0.00%      2.37             1.28%
#23 basonista       KKD            5.24               +1.15%      5.30             1.15%
#24 KCScott         MAT          15.53              +2.90%      15.61           0.52%

All ones in green as of today @ the market close listed.
Watch out got my motor running...LOL... ;D...............#18

Good luck to all!!!!!!!  ;)
"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis

basonista

Well, if I wasn't eating so many doughnuts, I would feel good about the race.  With the holiday season comes the pounds.  I feel my butt growing as we speak.  Maybe I should have picked Nutrasystem!  Or some excersize equipment company.  At least then I would be in shape.  ;)

setravis

Oh, some more Smack Talkin....
I'm up in the after hours also .... :D

ORASURE TECH INC (NasdaqNM:OSUR) Delayed quote data 

***************After Hours (RT-ECN): 11.88  0.24 (2.06%)***********  ;D

Last Trade: 11.64
Trade Time: 4:00PM ET
Change:  0.53 (4.77%)
Prev Close: 11.11
Open: 11.10
Bid: 0.01 x 100
Ask: 9,000.00 x 100
1y Target Est: 11.75

  Day's Range: 11.04 - 11.67
52wk Range: 5.35 - 11.83
Volume: 574,771
Avg Vol (3m): 401,511
Market Cap: 529.91M
P/E (ttm): 80.83
EPS (ttm): 0.14
Div & Yield: N/A (N/A)

Watch that Krispy Kreme Doughnut Shop Basonista.They are good!! ;D
Send a box my way!  ;)
"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis

basonista

Quote from: setravis on November 21, 2005, 06:56:16 PM

Watch that Krispy Kreme Doughnut Shop Basonista.They are good!! ;D
Send a box my way!  ;)


Yes, I have to be careful.  PT test coming up.  I recognize your icon and am sure you know all about PT tests.  ;)  Krispy Kremes are so good though!  Mmmm, watching them roll off that conveyer belt...  Yumm!

Lucas Scott

setravis - I'm a buyer if it gets through triple-top in the 11.75 - 11.85 range



Nice chart. Not sure it was the best bet for this contest since it looked like it was in need of some consolidation (i.e. handle for the cup, as you pointed out when you submitted) before attacking new highs. For a timeframe longer than 4 weeks the setup looks super.  

Possible twist for future contests. Anyone submitting a pick that loses more than 15% in the month has to pay 20 bucks into the winner's pot >:D  Just half-kidding bout that (but half serious too, I mean actraders' SMTX is down 40%. For shame!).

I do think prize money should be divvy'd among the top 5. Like $200 to 1st, $100 to 2nd, and a free month subscription ($50 value) to 3rd, 4th and 5th.  Instead of $500 to the winner. Man I would be mad if the contest ended today and I lost because SVA's return was 1.1% higher better than mine! :'(
GO IN THAT HOUSE OF PAIN THAT YOU SEEM TO WANT TO BE IN, BUT GET AWAY FROM ME.  I'M TRYING TO WORK, DAMMIT.

Lucas Scott

#1 Lucas Scott - GTE 81.08%
#2 la-onda - GIGM 21.15%
#3 (*) RIGHT SIDE investment club - AMR 21.05%
#4 (*) guitarman - SWC 20.23%

I'm starting to feel like Secretariat at the Belmont :)

I'm still wary of la-onda's GIGM though. Its history shows it can make big swings.
GO IN THAT HOUSE OF PAIN THAT YOU SEEM TO WANT TO BE IN, BUT GET AWAY FROM ME.  I'M TRYING TO WORK, DAMMIT.

basonista

Hmmm...  I think it's time for GTE to eat some yummy Krispy Kreme Doughnuts and weigh it down a little.... ;)

Terliso

My pick BOOM... one thing i could say, BOOM in my A... :-*

setravis

OSUR...Hummmm, How many days do I have left?  ???
Good deal Basonista, Feed old Lucas Scott and GTE lot's of them Krispy Kreme Doughnuts  ;D



#1 Lucas Scott    GTE     71.35%
#2 owen654321  KOMG  24.17%
#3 setravis          OSUR  18.78%
#4 (*) RIGHT SIDE investment club AMR 18.68%
#5 (*) guitarman SWC 17.41%

"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis

Lucas Scott

2 trading days left. Can seb_spa's DOC catch my GTE? DOC was up 42% today. Another 42% tomorrow and seb would be in striking distance :o :o
GO IN THAT HOUSE OF PAIN THAT YOU SEEM TO WANT TO BE IN, BUT GET AWAY FROM ME.  I'M TRYING TO WORK, DAMMIT.

owen654321

#28
Dunno where I should post, but in the interest of full disclosure, I sold my position in KOMG today for a nice gain.  I know tomorrow is the official end of the contest, but (1) GTE is the clear winner -- congrats! :) and (2) KOMG is looking overextended after a big run-up this last month, institutions are beginning to offload, the trading action today is a little weak, and volume is slowing down.  My goal is to be ahead of the trend, so if I miss out on a few dollars, it's okay.  Of course, I do tend to sell early.. but then again, hindsight is always 20/20, and about half the time I've looked back and said, "darn, sold too early," and about half of the time I've said, "phew, glad I sold early."  Of course I remember the biggest losses and largest missed gains the most, like most other people on the planet...

I know that I've checked out the $1000 results once or twice to search for interesting picks, and I wanted to let others who might be doing the same that I'm taking profits today.  :)



Lucas Scott

It feels like a football game with two minutes left in the 4th quarter, and I'm up 21-10 and have possession. I just have to protect the ball. If I fumble and the other team recovers and scores a TD, then gets an onside kick and scores again I could lose. ;D But the odds of that happening are slim. Just one more day!!

Had an idea for the payout for the next Stock Picking Contest. Assuming the total payout amount stays the same, could do $250 plus the year subscription to the winner, and then $250 to be divided evenly among anyone else whose stock has appreciated 20% or more. Just a way to recognize and give a pat on the back to those who made a great pick but missed out on first place.
GO IN THAT HOUSE OF PAIN THAT YOU SEEM TO WANT TO BE IN, BUT GET AWAY FROM ME.  I'M TRYING TO WORK, DAMMIT.