3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

Smack Talkin' Thread

Started by Lucas Scott, November 10, 2005, 02:29:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScottishTrader

Well all I can say is whew :o, glad friday turned out as it did for AVNX - while I have no way of catching the leaders, hopefully I'll get a 3rd place out of it.  But bronze is still tight, andything could happen PM... will just have to wait and see....

Great picks on the big gainers, glad I could be one of them for a change, after coming last last month (bad picks happen to all of us Lucas) ;)

ScottishTrader

Man,  I think I got knocked out of 3rd place there right at the end - it was real tight, but I think VRSO gapped up to open at 1.86, beating AVNX into 4th - but it looks like HEB may have gapped up even higher, meaning all I get is a (lousy) tee-shirt.  (Note to David and Fred, the tee-shirts aren't really lousy, I just already have one ;D)

Oh well, congrats all anyway - all in the name of fun and stock picking ;D ;D ;D

Lucas Scott

ScottTrader - I'm still waiting for my T-shirt from when I won the first edition of the contest, so actually you might be going home emptyhanded >:D 

Ramsburg - where's my tee?  Size XXL. Do you need my address?
GO IN THAT HOUSE OF PAIN THAT YOU SEEM TO WANT TO BE IN, BUT GET AWAY FROM ME.  I'M TRYING TO WORK, DAMMIT.

boatguy

Dang. RNAI up over 15% today. Still played it right though as far as the contest goes.

I guess I'll get 2 t-shirts now!! :)

fous

Quote from: Lucas Scott on February 27, 2006, 12:49:20 PM
ScottTrader - I'm still waiting for my T-shirt from when I won the first edition of the contest, so actually you might be going home emptyhanded >:D 

Ramsburg - where's my tee?  Size XXL. Do you need my address?

Still waitin for my T-shirt from the contest as well 8)
trade it like you mean it!

chevy


cache00

Thanks. I guess I was saved by the bell. Boatguy could've won easily with RNAI - nice run. Congrats to all, there's a nice bull market going on.

Lucas Scott

Seems like for the 4th Edition there are more ineligible picks than usual. It's bizarre - the rules are so simple. One guy picked CNES which is trading for .0019 LOL.
GO IN THAT HOUSE OF PAIN THAT YOU SEEM TO WANT TO BE IN, BUT GET AWAY FROM ME.  I'M TRYING TO WORK, DAMMIT.

eliteG

#83
Quote from: Lucas Scott on March 04, 2006, 04:09:29 PM
Seems like for the 4th Edition there are more ineligible picks than usual. It's bizarre - the rules are so simple. One guy picked CNES which is trading for .0019 LOL.

Man thank you for saying that Lucas!(APPLAUD)  Its ridiculous.. Hey guys no bulletin board(.ob, .pk, .tinyturd)  Only AMEX, NASDAQ, NYSE.  Anyway like your pick Lucas, I was looking at it myself.  Goodluck, my goal is to simply do better than you,  :D ;), lol.

Lucas Scott

Quotemy goal is to simply do better than you

Last month almost all the entries better than mine. Aim higher G! My goal is a top 3 finish.

In the last edition I spent a long time debating what stock to pick. My first instinct was CUP and I should have stayed with that. I think I would have sold CUP at 3.90 on the gap up day (I sold the gap up in my actual trading account), which would have ended up getting me 2nd place. So this time I went with my first instinct and that was PPHM.

Looking ahead, after 10 editions of the contest there should be an All-Star Edition, in which only the winners of the first 10 contests compete for a $10,000 winner-take-all cash prize! LOL think we can convince David Randolph to splurge for that kind of prize? I'm sure the advertising revenue for such an event would more than cover it ;) ;D
GO IN THAT HOUSE OF PAIN THAT YOU SEEM TO WANT TO BE IN, BUT GET AWAY FROM ME.  I'M TRYING TO WORK, DAMMIT.

setravis

Quote from: eliteG on March 04, 2006, 05:12:33 PM
Quote from: Lucas Scott on March 04, 2006, 04:09:29 PM
Seems like for the 4th Edition there are more ineligible picks than usual. It's bizarre - the rules are so simple. One guy picked CNES which is trading for .0019 LOL.

Man thank you for saying that Lucas!(APPLAUD)  Its ridiculous.. Hey guys no bulletin board(.ob, .pk, .tinyturd)  Only AMEX, NASDAQ, NYSE.  Anyway like your pick Lucas, I was looking at it myself.  Goodluck, my goal is to simply do better than you,  :D ;), lol.

My goal is have him eat my dust!!! :D :D :D :D
"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis

eliteG

Quote from: Lucas Scott on March 04, 2006, 06:22:09 PM
Quotemy goal is to simply do better than you

Last month almost all the entries better than mine. Aim higher G! My goal is a top 3 finish.

In the last edition I spent a long time debating what stock to pick. My first instinct was CUP and I should have stayed with that. I think I would have sold CUP at 3.90 on the gap up day (I sold the gap up in my actual trading account), which would have ended up getting me 2nd place. So this time I went with my first instinct and that was PPHM.

Looking ahead, after 10 editions of the contest there should be an All-Star Edition, in which only the winners of the first 10 contests compete for a $10,000 winner-take-all cash prize! LOL think we can convince David Randolph to splurge for that kind of prize? I'm sure the advertising revenue for such an event would more than cover it ;) ;D

now you're talkin.. I would definately be interested in seeing an all-star edition  ;D.. oh and my real goal is to finish positive  ;) maybe next time I can aim higher.  Yes as a former miss ameri.. i mean top place finisher I could see how you could set your sights no lower.  ;) :D

Quote from: setravis on March 04, 2006, 06:38:40 PM
Quote from: eliteG on March 04, 2006, 05:12:33 PM
Quote from: Lucas Scott on March 04, 2006, 04:09:29 PM
Seems like for the 4th Edition there are more ineligible picks than usual. It's bizarre - the rules are so simple. One guy picked CNES which is trading for .0019 LOL.

Man thank you for saying that Lucas!(APPLAUD)  Its ridiculous.. Hey guys no bulletin board(.ob, .pk, .tinyturd)  Only AMEX, NASDAQ, NYSE.  Anyway like your pick Lucas, I was looking at it myself.  Goodluck, my goal is to simply do better than you,  :D ;), lol.

My goal is have him eat my dust!!! :D :D :D :D

allright its on!.. this is gonna be a good one I can feel it.. lots of entries early this time  >:D  to the luckiest bastard  :D :)

Ramsburg


All right ;)

From 72 picks, 55 were valid picks.

They are all inserted on the software now, and you can check online performance (with 10m delay) here:
http://www.3stocksonfire.org/1000contest_results.php

Good luck guys ! ;)
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

Kublakhan

I know how the guy that picked SUF last time feels    :(

shipman

Lots of good picks this time around.  I like the idea of the All-Star 10th contest.  But I think maybe the top 5 of each of the prior contests would be more interesting.  45 or so all stars.   BB's excluded of course.  Let's do it.  Prize- lifetime subscription + 5000.  2500 2nd, 1250 3rd, 750 4th, 500 5th. >:D >:D