3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

Smack Talkin' Thread

Started by Lucas Scott, November 10, 2005, 02:29:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickjust

this is the smak talkin' thread right?
CGR shmack!!!!!!!
breakout on volume . he we go
maxi

Jimbo

Wow  :o :o :o


Fous, what a coincidence - GIGM again ahead of you as in the second contest. You won then but let's see if you can do it again  :D



Anyways, good luck to all and applaud for your pick.
;D

Lucas Scott

TGC releasing earnings surprised me. I don't think their release date was publicly announced. Just came out of the blue. I figured that since they released their Q4 on March 20, they wouldn't do Q1 until June. Part of my reasoning when I picked TGC was that there wasn't earnings news risk. I got blindsided! >:(

Quote from: Jimbo on May 08, 2006, 02:27:01 PM
Fous, what a coincidence - GIGM again ahead of you as in the second contest. You won then but let's see if you can do it again  :D

Anyways, good luck to all and applaud for your pick.
;D

Fous gets all the credit for TGC?! So it's all about Curly. No love for Moe and Larry. ;) To give credit where due, I have to credit Setravis and Terliso for putting it on my radar with their posts in the TGC thread during the second week of April.

GO IN THAT HOUSE OF PAIN THAT YOU SEEM TO WANT TO BE IN, BUT GET AWAY FROM ME.  I'M TRYING TO WORK, DAMMIT.

Jimbo

Quote from: Lucas Scott on May 08, 2006, 05:00:01 PM
Fous gets all the credit for TGC?! So it's all about Curly. No love for Moe and Larry. ;)

You are absolutely right Lucas - it is not only Fous who picked TGC, it is you and healey as well, although I did applause three of you  ;).

But the point was Fous being behind GIGM. I still remember how obsessed he was with GIGM  - he couldn't sleep and he even changed his name until the end of the contest and was wondering if he'll do that again  :D :D :D .


Quote from: Lucas Scott on May 08, 2006, 05:00:01 PM
To give credit where due, I have to credit Setravis and Terliso for putting it on my radar with their posts in the TGC thread during the second week of April.

Applaud to Setravis and Terliso as well for bringing TGC thread for the rest of 3SoF  :).



Bottom line - you guys are great. Keep up the good work   :).

Mo~Money

*4words


My CUP runneth over! 8)
Plan the trade! Trade the plan!

setravis

Quote from: Lucas Scott on May 08, 2006, 05:00:01 PM
TGC releasing earnings surprised me. I don't think their release date was publicly announced. Just came out of the blue. I figured that since they released their Q4 on March 20, they wouldn't do Q1 until June. Part of my reasoning when I picked TGC was that there wasn't earnings news risk. I got blindsided! >:(

Quote from: Jimbo on May 08, 2006, 02:27:01 PM
Fous, what a coincidence - GIGM again ahead of you as in the second contest. You won then but let's see if you can do it again  :D

Anyways, good luck to all and applaud for your pick.
;D

Fous gets all the credit for TGC?! So it's all about Curly. No love for Moe and Larry. ;) To give credit where due, I have to credit Setravis and Terliso for putting it on my radar with their posts in the TGC thread during the second week of April.


Quote from: Jimbo on May 08, 2006, 05:39:50 PM
Quote from: Lucas Scott on May 08, 2006, 05:00:01 PM
Fous gets all the credit for TGC?! So it's all about Curly. No love for Moe and Larry. ;)

You are absolutely right Lucas - it is not only Fous who picked TGC, it is you and healey as well, although I did applause three of you  ;).

But the point was Fous being behind GIGM. I still remember how obsessed he was with GIGM  - he couldn't sleep and he even changed his name until the end of the contest and was wondering if he'll do that again  :D :D :D .


Quote from: Lucas Scott on May 08, 2006, 05:00:01 PM
To give credit where due, I have to credit Setravis and Terliso for putting it on my radar with their posts in the TGC thread during the second week of April.

Applaud to Setravis and Terliso as well for bringing TGC thread for the rest of 3SoF  :).



Bottom line - you guys are great. Keep up the good work   :).

Thanks guys an applaud in the Smack Talkin' Thread.....Unusual... :o
Applaud back at you... ;)
"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis

setravis

Watch out my AVII is coming at you all......smack !  ;D  8)
"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis

Mo~Money

Man CUP is going crazy 2day!!! :o
I sold my own stash way too early..
Plan the trade! Trade the plan!

Lucas Scott

hey Mo - your CUP runneth over! I bought yesterday so CUP is my second favorite stock in this contest after TGC, which btw is fading like Sinister Minister in the Kentucky Derby.
GO IN THAT HOUSE OF PAIN THAT YOU SEEM TO WANT TO BE IN, BUT GET AWAY FROM ME.  I'M TRYING TO WORK, DAMMIT.

Lucas Scott

The market swoon has devastated the picks in this contest. There are more stocks down 20%+ than there are green stocks.
GO IN THAT HOUSE OF PAIN THAT YOU SEEM TO WANT TO BE IN, BUT GET AWAY FROM ME.  I'M TRYING TO WORK, DAMMIT.

Leaira

If it wasn't for CUP which has already been sold to lock in a gain, I'd say the winners of this edition would be the 5 who lose the least!   :P

Leaira

hermanpu

75% of us stink at picking stocks. A stock with no change whatsoever from the starting day would be in 13th place today. :(

rickjust

Quote from: rickjust on May 05, 2006, 11:58:49 PM
this is the smak talkin' thread right?
CGR shmack!!!!!!!

maxi

or should i say schmuck! :D
gonna be hard to catch cup now. need some really , really , ....................really good news.
maxi

Lucas Scott

Quote from: hermanpu on May 15, 2006, 10:48:49 PM
75% of us stink at picking stocks. A stock with no change whatsoever from the starting day would be in 13th place today. :(

Yeah LOL. I think this contest is insightful. Just to read a lot of posts on the boards someone would think, "wow these people sound so knowledgeable, they must be millionairres." There's always someone posting that they bought some stock at the low of day and sold it at the high. But then when you look at the contest and see 3 out of 4 picks are losers... ;) Granted the last 3 days have been a stock killer, but even in the bullish months it seems like over half the picks typically finish red. Stock trading is tough!
GO IN THAT HOUSE OF PAIN THAT YOU SEEM TO WANT TO BE IN, BUT GET AWAY FROM ME.  I'M TRYING TO WORK, DAMMIT.

Mo~Money

Ok, I think im safe now....LoL
When do I get crowned the victor again, I forget? :D
Plan the trade! Trade the plan!