3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

DRL

Started by guitarman, November 11, 2005, 04:49:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guitarman

DRL
Hi All
Since I've got to keep posting in order to get into the next stock picking contest.
Here goes.
I bought this one based on a $1k/yr newsletter @ $14. I think she's bottomed out and the upside should be $30 to $40 (according to the newsletter) within a year.
Earnings report looks great.
The only thing... DRL is under SEC investigation due to affiliation with other companies being investigated. That's standare SEC procedure.
However, the rumor mill believes DRL will come out clean. If it does, it should really blow up.

Looking for some applause here! LOL ;D

owen654321

#1
That seems like a very risky play based on the technicals...  Perhaps someone with more experience can find some silver lining to the chart, but I wouldn't touch this with a 10-foot pole.  Perhaps it might fill the recent gap to $10+, but even that is wishful thinking... just take a look at the precipitous drops that have happened this year.  Not fun.

Plus, it sounds like you are already aware of this news: http://yahoo.reuters.com/financeQuoteCompanyNewsArticle.jhtml?duid=mtfh77844_2005-11-02_20-36-14_wen3273_newsml

Their debt is also reported at 8.98 billion.  The only plus I can find is that it had a massive short interest in October.  Those shorts have booked quite a profit, and there will probably be some buying pressure as they cover, perhaps?

Careful with catching falling knives... My personal opinion is that it is okay to miss out on those first few pennies of profit until others risk their neck and the technical uptrend is confirmed.  :)  Which is not the case, from what I see...... so, be careful.



guitarman

Thanks for the TA
I do feel this would be a bit of a Hail Mary pass.
I stuck in it for the long haul.
Any other feedback would be appreciated.

guitarman

Owen!
How are things looking (from a TA perspective) for this one now?
Looks like she's starting to move up quickly!
Thanks
Gman

owen654321

Wow, amazing short-term call on DRL!  :)  It has almost closed the downward gap it made earlier.  I am not especially skilled at TA (i.e. it would be best to get an opinion from some of the others who hang around here!), but the volume with the move up these last 2 days looks really positive to me.  Pretty cool stuff - I hope you continue to do well with DRL (make back your money, and then some!)

guitarman

Maybe I got lucky, for once!
DRL made the "Nightly Business Report" tonight.
Paul Kangas stated the stock moved based on a possible takeover bid.
I'm guessin this means that DRL is going to come out clean from the SEC investigation.
I think there is still plenty of room for this one to go up!
Did you take a position?

Gman

calven

Think its time to start watching this one closely.... if i had one stock that I was forced to hold for 3 years as a long term play DRL would be it!

cal  >:D

Watch as DORAL (DRL) test the downsloping resistance line. Could see a breakout...could EASILY hit 13.00 in the coming week.
StockGravity.com - The Forces that Move Stocks!
http://www.stockgravity.com

guitarman

Dig Calven!
You might even want to consider playing some long term options.
I would recommend grabbing a bunch of -OVLAC or -OVLAD!!!! They're still really cheap right now and the volumes are good.
I've got to tell you, I'm having much better luck with options right now.
Other good ones would be options on BHI or HLTH.

Best
GMan

calven

I tell all of my members at chartsetups.com - "if you want a stock that will earn you 100% returns and are willing to wait 3-5 years, DRL is a great stock"

>:D cal
StockGravity.com - The Forces that Move Stocks!
http://www.stockgravity.com

wrangler

#9
DRL : showing signs of comming back up . Chart is using 32 DMA. Had 4.2 million shares traded today.
DORAL FINANCIAL CORP (DRL.N: Quote, Profile, Research)
Doral Financial, one of three big Puerto Rican lenders
restating results after improperly accounting for
mortgage-related transactions, named Glen Wakeman as president
and chief operating officer. He will become chief executive
officer once the company filed its 2005 financial statement. A
20-year veteran of General Electric (GE.N: Quote, Profile, Research), he most recently
served as CEO of GE's Consumer Finance Latin America business.

Shares of Doral Financial (DRL:NYSE - commentary - research - Cramer's Take) rose 7% after the company tapped Glen Wakeman as president and chief operating officer. Wakeman, a 20-year veteran of General Electric (GE:NYSE - commentary - research - Cramer's Take), also will become chief executive and a member of the board after the company files its 2005 annual report, which "is expected as soon as practicable," the company said. Wakeman most recently served as CEO of GE's consumer finance arm in Latin America. Wakeman will replace John Ward as CEO. Ward had been serving as interim CEO since August. Ward, meanwhile, will resume his role as non-executive chairman of the board. Doral shares were up 50 cents to $7.50.


wrangler

guitarman

Hi all
It's good to see this thread still lives!
I am hoping for a big bounce - got options coming out of my ears.
They're super cheap right now. I.E. OVLAD (or the next one out - time wise) would be a good "Hail Mary" play in my opinion.
All the Best
GMan

422fwhp

I nibbled a very small amount of this on a "tip" at $2.02 and today it's up 20%

Anyone still following this?

422fwhp

Well, I don't find much good reading on this stock  :-[  but I have very little risk here.

My good friend at work said his uncle called him and told him to buy this...I nibbled some...more as a dead cat bounce/rebound play (my friend didn't buy due to available funds).

Well, today his uncle called him and asked him if he bought it...friend said no and the uncle said "you need to" it's going up more.

I normally dont spread this kind of menutia...especially on a hideous looking chart like DRL...just wondering.

laterz...Jody

422fwhp

Gotta figure it will at least reach the middle of the bollinger band.   ???  Maybe a small retrace today/tomorrow before more?  Comments welcome.

Updated chart:

422fwhp

#14
Up 10% premarket...NO news  :o


edit:  only 800 shares traded though

RADAR it.