3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

SWIR

Started by David Randolph, November 14, 2005, 07:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Randolph

If you read the latest quarterly results from Sierra Wireless (SWIR) you'll see that the company's fundamentals are turning around for the positive side.

The chart is very compelling, with a bullish breakout of an ascending triangle. Considering Friday was an holiday, the breakout was on pretty good volume.

I don't have time now to explain further, but I need to own these high beta Nasdaq stocks at the present market environment. I'll buy SWIR at today's open for the 3 Stocks on Fire Portfolio (selling EWJ to get cash for this operation), 6.66% of capital as always.

David Randolph

Unfortunately today I'm short on time for these updates, let me just say that SWIR is performing as expected, everything is in place for an advancing phase to unfold.

David Randolph

Pullback on profit taking on lower volume. The stock may come down to test support, it doesn't matter, I see higher and higher prices for this well into 2006.

Just keep on holding SWIR.

David Randolph

SWIR came down to retest the breakout level. Everything is set for the bull trend to continue now. I will keep on holding SWIR.

David Randolph

SWIR did a successful retest to the new support, prior resistance of $12.23. On SWIR I'm trading the ascending triangle breakout, so the trading plan is very simple:

1) Take profits at the technical target of the breakout, which is $15.97 as you can check on the second chart below.
2) Use the ascending trendline as protection, for today it is standing at $11.34.

David Randolph

The plan for SWIR is so basic and simple that I have anything further to add:

1) Take profits at the technical target of the breakout, which is $15.97 as you can check on the second chart below.
2) Use the ascending trendline as protection, for today it is standing at $11.42.

David Randolph

The trading plan for SWIR remains the same:

1) Take profits at the technical target of the breakout, which is $15.97
2) Use the ascending trendline as protection, for today it is standing at $11.43.

Amarens

Hi David,

Maybe it's your computer, but I think the ascending TL is at $ 11,50. It rises $ 0,08 per day, as you can also see in your previous updates  ;).

Anyway, that's where I have it. Following the trading plan you set.

Amarens

David Randolph

#8
Quote from: Amarens on November 22, 2005, 09:14:13 AM
Hi David,

Maybe it's your computer, but I think the ascending TL is at $ 11,50. It rises $ 0,08 per day, as you can also see in your previous updates  ;).

Anyway, that's where I have it. Following the trading plan you set.

Amarens

You're absolutely right Amarens, I was on another computer (at home, now I'm at the office) and the line doesn't perfectly match the initial line. The initial line is the correct one, thanks for noticing it  :)

The technical pattern at SWIR is so obvious that I refuse to look at anything else. I have a profit target and a safety net. And that's all I need, now the market will decide to give me some considerable money or to take little money away from me.

The trading plan for SWIR remains the same:

1) Take profits at the technical target of the breakout, which is $15.97
2) Use the ascending trendline as protection, for today it is standing at $11.59.

David Randolph

Wednesday was an encouraging day for SWIR, nice white candle. The plan is:

1) Take profits at the technical target of the breakout, which is $15.97
2) Use the ascending trendline as protection, for today it is standing at $11.67.

David Randolph

Everything is going as expected on SWIR, there were no news out lately. Now my mission is to respect the previously made plan, which is:

1) Take profits at the technical target of the breakout, which is $15.97
2) Use the ascending trendline as protection, for today it is standing at $11.81.

David Randolph

#11
Continue with the mission:

1) Take profits at the technical target of the breakout, which is $15.97
2) Use the ascending trendline as protection, for today it is standing at $11.88.

David Randolph

I know SWIR come down a bit with the general market, but I have to keep trading the plan or face the consequences of lack of discipline:

1) Take profits at the technical target of the breakout, which is $15.97
2) Use the ascending trendline as protection, for today it is standing at $11.95.

David Randolph

Nice candle yesterday from SWIR, just keep the plan:

1) Take profits at the technical target of the breakout, which is $15.97
2) Use the ascending trendline as protection, for today it is standing at $12.06.

David Randolph

Nothing new on SWIR, the plan is still in play:

1) Take profits at the technical target of the breakout, which is $15.97
2) Use the ascending trendline as protection, for today it is standing at $12.13.