3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

The Wolfwave Pattern / Why walk with bulls - run with the wolves!

Started by calven, November 20, 2005, 11:07:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sebfr

Calven,

you can buy CHINA at a pullback at about 2.75 like Wolfwave Pattern seems to indicate us.

But i we have a look on china we can see that we have also a double bottom formation. And about 2.750 it is also a good support for buying this stock. Have a look on my word document.

Wolfwave Pattern and double bottom pattern work together for China !!! Great...


thai626

Quote from: Melf Elf on December 09, 2005, 06:42:56 AM
Quote from: thai626 on December 08, 2005, 10:47:35 AM
Here is a wolfe wave setup:  Points 1, 2, 3 and 4 are already setup.  Point 5 looks like it may be coming very soon. 

thai,

Nice work.  Applause. 

I was looking at SVA from the standpoint of a possible Bullish Gartley. If 4.82-4.85 support doesn't hold here, it would be interesting if we decline to your Point #5 and reach 4.34 and hold there, which would be a symmetry of both price and time. 

If that occurs, and SVA holds near 4.34 and rallies, that would complete your Wolfe Wave and also complete the Bullish Gartley.  I'm not sure if this is a valid Gartley since the ratios weren't quite right.
Just something to watch for if SVA continues to decline here.

Hi everyone,
Looks like this is becoming a valid WW pattern since the support line has been broken.  Also, good call on the Gartley Melf Elf (applaud again)....I'm about to put a limit order to buy around 4.50.  That could potentially hit today, tomorrow or by weeks end.........i'm waiting for some kind of bottom before I pull the trigger.  Good luck everyone!

Current Holdings:  ASTM, STV, SVA, NIHK.ob

sebfr

be careful thai626 ,

a double top pattern is formed...But a pullback can arrive !

agatto2

CMI   Ok Kal    watca think    8)     cmi   

ScottishTrader

CMI is a no go, as a WW is a reversal pattern, so a bullish WW occurs in a bearish trend and a bearish WW occurs in a bullish trend ;)

Av8trader

Quote from: ScottishTrader on December 13, 2005, 07:42:15 PM
CMI is a no go, as a WW is a reversal pattern, so a bullish WW occurs in a bearish trend and a bearish WW occurs in a bullish trend ;)

If I'm looking at it right wouldn't that make Thai's setup for SVA wrong as well?  SVA is in a bearish trend and Thai has a bearish WW in place when it should be a bullish WW.

thai626

Quote from: Calstar on December 13, 2005, 08:30:32 PM
Quote from: ScottishTrader on December 13, 2005, 07:42:15 PM
CMI is a no go, as a WW is a reversal pattern, so a bullish WW occurs in a bearish trend and a bearish WW occurs in a bullish trend ;)

If I'm looking at it right wouldn't that make Thai's setup for SVA wrong as well?  SVA is in a bearish trend and Thai has a bearish WW in place when it should be a bullish WW.


No Calstar, my chart shows my target entry point around 4.50.  After that the target exit price will be at point 6 which is not shown in my most recent post.  Basically just connect a line through point 1 & 4 and that will be the target exit price.  Good luck!
Current Holdings:  ASTM, STV, SVA, NIHK.ob

Av8trader

Thanks Thai!

I had to go back to the beginning of this thread (again!) for a refresher!




agatto2

You are so right s trader,,, after i posted i said omg i did it again ,,,,  lol.               Well were all learning here . I will find some more legitimate ones.

agatto2

There has got to be a place to fish for these. If i want a trout i go to a stream, lake trout ,lake. So guys where would a over bought stock be, or where would a over sold stock be? Ill post what i find,,, most ive seen have been in a stock at the bottom of an up trend, but i dont want to short stocks in up trends. hummm   

Av8trader

I think I found one.  Comments please.


therman

HI,

I think QTWW has built a bullish wolve wave pattern, a very long one, about 1,5 years.
Price now is 2,65, target is 6$.
I don´t know how to put a chart in.
Perhaps someone an do that.

thanks.
therman

Melf Elf

Quote from: therman on December 14, 2005, 02:23:53 AM
HI,

I think QTWW has built a bullish wolve wave pattern, a very long one, about 1,5 years.
Price now is 2,65, target is 6$.
I don´t know how to put a chart in.
Perhaps someone an do that.

thanks.
therman

therman,

You will have to tell me if I've drawn this the way that you were looking at it. 

If so, I don't think it's a Wolfe Wave because the upper down trendline slopes too steeply.   If I understand calven correctly, Wave 4 should be up where I've drawn the dotted blue line, so that it's more of a channel.

This pattern (in blue) looks more like a Falling Wedge.  The breakdown below the pattern (at #5) on a bullish-looking Hammer, however, could be a fakeout to the downside, similar to the effect of a Wave #5 in a Wolfe Wave.  There are three tags to the top of the pattern, so that trendline has been validated as resistance. 

It might be a nice play on the long side if that upper trendline gets taken out.

nasdaqtrading

#73
ciao ragazzi,sono daniele e abito in italia,amo le onde di wolfe,opero in particolare sui future sp500 e nasdaq100
time frame 60 minuto mininasdaq.

Melf Elf

Quote from: thai626 on December 13, 2005, 10:39:48 AM
I'm about to put a limit order to buy around 4.50. 

thai,

I wanted SVA at 4.34, if the Gartley completed yesterday, for a 10+% rally back to 4.82-4.85.  Didn't get it.  Yesterday's low only got to 4.60, so I didn't play it.