3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

LRLSQ.OB

Started by David Randolph, June 02, 2005, 08:48:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Randolph

Profile:

«Loral Space & Communications Ltd. (LRLSQ.OB). The Group's principal activities are to design and manufacture satellites and satellite systems for commercial and government applications. The Group also provides satellite services, television broadcasting, direct-to-home television services, broadband communications, military communications, wireless telephony, digital satellite radio, weather monitoring and air traffic management. The Group operates through two business segments: Satellite Services and Satellite Manufacturing.»

Long term chart:


Short term chart:



Story to speculate:

With so many people talking about SIRI and XMSR why not take a look at this small cap in the satellite space? According to marketwatch.com Loral Space & Communications (LRLSQ.OB) has more cash in the bank than its market cap.

Everyday our team scans and filters 11000 stocks to come up with the 3 best stocks to buy on a short term basis. We run a diversified public portfolio which is up 99% since May 2005. If you want to join our community and receive our free newsletter, please register.

David Randolph


Gordon Gecko

THIS COMPANY IS IN BANKRUPTCY

But:

U.S. Bankruptcy Court Approves Loral's Disclosure Statement

Reorganization Remains On Schedule And On Plan

NEW YORK, June 1, 2005 /PRNewswire-FirstCall via COMTEX/ -- Loral Space & Communications, Ltd. (OTC Bulletin Board: LRLSQ) today announced that the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York has approved Loral's Disclosure Statement with respect to its proposed Plan of Reorganization.

At a hearing in New York today, the Honorable Robert D. Drain ruled that, subject to the company making certain clarifications, Loral's Disclosure Statement contained adequate information for the purpose of soliciting creditor approval of Loral's Plan of Reorganization. Loral will file shortly the revised Disclosure Statement reflecting the requested clarifications and will commence mailing of the Disclosure Statement, the Plan and ballots to those creditors entitled to vote on the Plan on June 7, 2005. A hearing for the court to consider confirmation of the Plan has been scheduled for July 13, 2005.

With today's actions, Loral remains on track to emerge from chapter 11 shortly after the confirmation hearing. As planned, the company will emerge with its two business units, Loral Skynet and Space Systems/Loral, intact and with current management in place.

Upon filing, the amended Plan and Disclosure Statement will be available on Loral's website at http://www.loral.com. The documents also will be available via the Court's website, at hpttp://www.nysb.uscourts.gov. Please note that a PACER password is required to access documents on the Bankruptcy Court's website. Loral's bankruptcy case number is 03-41710 (RDD).

Loral Space & Communications is a satellite communications company. It owns and operates a fleet of telecommunications satellites used to broadcast video entertainment programming, distribute broadband data, and provide access to Internet services and other value-added communications services. Loral also is a world-class leader in the design and manufacture of satellites and satellite systems for commercial and government applications including direct- to-home television, broadband communications, wireless telephony, weather monitoring and air traffic management.

starfire

Hi David,
the reorg plan says...

existing common stock & preferred will be cancelled!

What does the above imply? Does it mean that if we bought LRLSQ.OB today, our sharess will be cancelled after they emerge from bankruptcy? Is it possible they emerge from bankruptcy and issue new shares ( to be listed on a major Xchange)?

TIA
venkatesh

David Randolph

Perhaps I could have sold it better but when I want to sell I normally go at the market. Don't want to hold two penny stocks at the same time and I already have BRVO.OB which is acting great.

I'm going to stop recommending penny stocks, maybe just 2 in a month or so ... it's too risky and with the growth of capital I need more liquid stocks.




eliteG

still your analysis seems dead on even on pennies...check out LRLSQ today...thats strength after the hammer.

kressad

I'd like to use my first post to ask you to please reconsider your position on recommending penny stocks.  To say I am a small timer would be an overstatement, none the less I have found your recommendations on penny stocks of great value.

Again, please reconsider.

tommyt

No, I disagree. Who needs a penny stock when there are recommended stocks like IIJI?  I would like my portifoilo to start seeing similar results like David's Portifoilo, and pennys are run up and down too easily. It's difficult to get in and out without getting ass whipped. I was in ijii earlier from 3.85 to 4.50, then when I discovered David's take, I jumped back in and wwwwwwooooollllllaaaa.  I have to admit though, I'm a little over-allocated on this one.
Stick to the good ones...even if it means less recommendations.  (By-the-way, I hope it wasn't too late to get in IPIX, I jumped on it today @ 3.16, what about CMGI ahead of earnings on Monday. I could use entry price limit recommendations).

You guys are the best!

kressad

4 little letters that I hope help you reconsider:

AMRE

Good Lord was that a sweet pick!!! :o

Ramsburg

#9

Hi guys,

It seems that you are making a little confusion here...  ;)
David didn't mean that we are not publishing any more penny picks; he just meant that we are not going to be so «persistent» on doing that as system... We should not recommend pennies just because people love it, we should recommend pennies as any other stock if we have strong reasons to believe that they have a good risk/reward ratio for short term,,, since the risk is much bigger on pennies, it's normal that we don't pick them so often as the other stocks.

The results in my opinion will be great, because if we publish less pennies, that means that when we do that, we'll be much more selective on our choices.

But take a look at our other board «Stock Picking» where you can find lots of great trading ideas on pennies.

Best regards,
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

jlong

I'm still kind of new at this. but since joining this board I have learned how to win. If you are not making money, and take a loss, make it a small one if possible, because there is always one that will. But with penny stocks if you have a good one, and own enough of them, a raise of 1 penny is a much better profit than 1 dollar on a hundred dollar stock. Take or instance, I see people buying 50 thousand shares of brvo (i got it at .25) it has gone up over 20% this week. From what i've seen (until I've joined this board) you don't see that much increase in a year on most stocks. When that stock goes up 1 cent, right now I'm making more on that than what I am when I go to work.
From with the help of everyone here.I may just have to quit that day Job.

Thanks for teaching me how to win!

David Randolph

#11
... 3 Stocks on Fire a good trading school. We're not only proud of picking good stocks but to have the skills to explain how and why we pick them, so you guys can learn the game. 

We are learning a lot from you too and that's why we're enjoying this project so much (this is a big surprise for us, 3 Stocks has just about 1 month old and it is already on the 11th place of a rank of 600 financial US websites: http://www.adtrader.com/top20.asp).

Let me just urge jlong not to quit is job. Never do that, I say this from personal experience. You can't count on trading to pay for your daily expenses, you'll go broke in a short period of time.

Answering about the pennies questions, I've decided to choose a penny stock a week. In the meantime I'll tell you how to create a stock database, out to explore and filter it and get those hot moving stocks ... for you to make money trading a stock that stock needs to have volume above average ... and you don't want to buy stocks that are going down or sleeping, there's no use in waiting for them to stop going down or wake up. There are 11000 stocks competing for our money, we need to buy those that promise profits right now, not in a month, not in a week or few days, but right now at this moment !

Enjoy your weekend  :D




vencedor

hi david,  i want to thanks all the people in this page because i see that there is no selfish motives in none of you, you are sincere and honest in everything you say and you are doing it for free,  i spent a lot of my hard earned money in places that promess me a lot of things but they did not toll me the whole history, i loss almost all my money there;  the only $473 that i had left i have use it to buy some of the stocks that you guy have piked, :) ;) :Dand all have been winners, .  thank you.

kressad

Randolph,

Thanks so much for reconsidering your position on picking penny stocks. One a week is more than fair. 

I can see the point of view of those investors who don't want to be bothered with pennies but more than anything I firmly belong to the same camp as jlong when a few cents move in a penny stock can make me as big a profit as waiting for a higher priced stock to move only a dollar.

Once again, thanks for reconsidering the penny and thanks for running such an educational site.

AussieTrader

I never bought this one, but I see its up 50% today, that's why you have to have a 'small' section of your portfolio available to play them.
Mike
AussieTrader
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account