3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

I'll try to turn $5000 into $50,000

Started by Terliso, November 28, 2005, 08:01:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terliso

Edited:

Ok, the journey continues taking $5,000 out part of my portfolio & I will try to turn it into $50,000

Trading Strategy (combination):
1.) My "3 Magic Lines" (50sma, 200sma, 200ema) accompanied with Big volume
2.) For safer play & possible BIG return, will pick stocks that the MACD lines are          above zero on the daily & weekly scale as much as possible.
3.) Trendlines & 9sma
4.) Charting Analysis
5.) MACD Histogram & some indicators

6)  L (A) from bottom to B then P or (A to P then B) <-----Daily chart
7.) Bouncing Price above A, B, P <----daily chart & MACD still above zero WD
8.) My "Black Candle Gap-Up" theory (huge volume) -- pullback or not.



I'm going to take a position in a stock one at a time, ($5000 1 stock). When $10,000 reached that is going to be 2 stocks to buy, $15,000 3 stocks & so on... I can go Long, Short (from 5 to up), Day-trade, & sell my holding on the spot (either gain or loss) if there is good trading opportunity spotted. I'm going to buy stocks that traded on Amex, NYSE, Nasdaq & OTCBB but no PINK .... ;)

Commission 9.95/trade
Don't mind number 6, 7 & 8 I just put them there so I won't forget ;) :D ;D

Terliso

TRADING PSYCHOLOGY:

Your feelings have an immediate impact on your account equity. You may have a brilliant trading system, but if you feel frightened, arrogant, or upset, you account is sure to suffer. When you recognize that a gambler's high or fear is clouding your mine, stop trading. Your success or failure as a trader depends on controlling your emotions.

When you trade, you compete against the sharpest minds in the world. The field on which you compete has been slanted to ensure your failure. If you allow your emotions to interfere with your trading, the battle is over.

You are responsible for every trade that you make. A trade begins when you decide to enter the market and ends only when you decide to take yourself out. Having a good trading system is not enough. Most traders with good systems wash out of the markets because psychologically they are not prepared to win.

TRADING FOR A LIVING:  By Dr. Alexander Elder

gmarc66

Good luck to you Terlisa...i will be watching you...and maybe even following a pick or two ;D

I like the above Trading Psychology you posted....i think i have succumbed to emotions many a time....it's good that I read that....need to take a deep breath sometimes and regain your composure and get a grip on yourself. Got to see trading for what it is...and it isn't for sissys that's for sure :)...thanks..i needed that. ;D

Lots of luck to you...hope you make that 50K....by the end of the year!! ;D

julia


Terliso

Quote from: gmarc66 on November 29, 2005, 12:07:34 AM

Lots of luck to you...hope you make that 50K....by the end of the year!! ;D

julia


Thanks Julia... 50k the end of this year... I Wish ;D


Terliso

#4
OK first pick is OXPS ---optionsXpress Holdings Inc.

Business:

optionsXpress Holdings, Inc., a holding company, provides Internet-based options and stock brokerage services to retail customers located worldwide. The company offers its services to stock, mutual fund, option, and fixed-income product investors. It also offers securities brokerage products and services for investor education, strategy evaluation, and trade execution. optionsXpress is headquartered in Chicago, Illinois

Great broker, Fundamental is excellent
Set to buy in the opening bell @ $24.60 for 200 shares (i hope it gets filled)

wrangler

Good luck terlisa
Been watching you're post and charts and I say you have a good chance. I've started two threads simular to the same. I've only got two years experiance and have learned it's not easy trying to learn stock trading. Hopefully when one of my threads make a sell my next picks will be using better judgements from what I have learned so far on 3SOF. Looking forward to you're post. Know I will learn a lot from you to. I applaud you. :)
Goodluck trading
wrangler

usedcasting

Great looking chart on OXPS.
All the very best with your goal. Your charts and analysis are always fantastic and I look forward to following along.

Have a great day!

uc.

Know when to hold'em, know when to fold'em

Terliso

#7
I'm Code Red, Code Red... not a good start to the $50,000 journey.

Thank you for the compliments Wrangler & Usedcasting ;)

Bought @ 24.60 (200) = $4,930
Cash:   $70.00
Comm: -$10.00


I'll hold OXPS, tomorrow stands @ 22.40

AussieTrader

Hey Terlisa good luck for sure,

I see you quoted Elder, I have Trading for a Living and Come into my Trading Room permanently on my trading desk for reference.
You mentioned your strategy was buying using trendlines and indicators (RSI), which is a very sound approach.
OPXS also a good stock, however you really should have expected the code red as you have bought quite a way above your own trendline and natural for it to try and come back to that line.
The weekly chart on OPXS looks great.
Good luck
AussieTrader
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

Terliso

#9
Quote from: AussieTrader on November 30, 2005, 08:17:12 AM
Hey Terlisa good luck for sure,

I see you quoted Elder, I have Trading for a Living and Come into my Trading Room permanently on my trading desk for reference.
You mentioned your strategy was buying using trendlines and indicators (RSI), which is a very sound approach.
OPXS also a good stock, however you really should have expected the code red as you have bought quite a way above your own trendline and natural for it to try and come back to that line.
The weekly chart on OPXS looks great.
Good luck

You are right Aussie ;) I quoted it from "TRADING FOR A LIVING" good book ain't it?....
I'm going to quote some more from the book if i read something that will benefit for 3SOF community :D

I'm still not satisfied with that OXPS RSI staying @ .70 level.. we've seen RSI that goes above .80ish & even .90ish just like what happening right now in ATML...
So for bullish stock like OXPS (HOLD) i'll sell it if it close or below 24.40.

minkielover

Hi, Terlisa.
I'll be watching this board and might pick some from your picks too.
I wish you the best luck on this project!
I know you can do it *^^*


setravis

#11
The best of luck to you Terlisa on you venture.
I will be following your progress.
So let's get it on!  ;)
Applaud the go for it!!!!

"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
  Embrace the challenge,enjoy the journey."
"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis

Terliso

Thanks for all the great input ;)

Nothing new for OXPS, no news, NADA! the only thing has changed was the price kept rising...remember folks, price make news not the other way around.. ;)

I'll hold OXPS... up $1.05 After-Hours :)

Terliso

#13
Selling OXPS tomorrow @ market price ... i hope i'm right ;)

Terliso

Sold OXPS @ 25.10

Cash:   $5,080
Comm: $20.00