3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

EliteG Infinite Compound Project II: Prototype Portfolio

Started by eliteG, November 29, 2005, 12:50:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eliteG

What is this?:  The place where I will keep a public stock portfolio.

Who are you?:  Its me eliteG ;)  Stock trading is my full-time job and I am here to make some money. 

You can find out more about me here
http://www.3stocksonfire.org/trading/index.php?topic=1374.0
and here
http://www.3stocksonfire.org/trading/index.php?topic=1240.0

Why are you doing this?: 
1.   It will be fun. 
2.   Its time to make $1,000,000.
3.   Ultimate way to be judged by your peers.
4.   I was inspired by 3stocksonfire.

Portfolio:
   - $30,000 divided into 6 equal parts
   - buying stocks long
   - will hold from 1 day to 2.5 months
   - no targets
   - set stop loss right after buy
   - every trade posted immediately
   - portfolio performance updated daily

Stock Domain:
   - .ob, .pk, Amex, Nyse, Nasdaq
   - less than $20, more than $0.001
   
Selection Process – Each selection is made by me.  I filter the market with the scanning tool provided by stockcharts.com and this leaves me hundreds of charts to look at.  From this point I use my research and experience to find the sweet stock.

Future:
        - If the account grows I will slowly add more positions.
        - I would like to add the daytrading that I do to this portfolio as well.

Why is this the prototype?  I will be in and out of the office until next year and I thought it would be a perfect time to test things out.

Why can't I reply?  I would like to keep the portfolio section closed off from replies in order to keep it very organized and clear.  I'll open up a discussion for this portfolio in another thread and we'll see how it goes.

When will you start?  When I see something I like.

Who is your daddy? The market.

and so it was written.. and now let it be done

eliteG

TRADES:

bought PRFT @ 8.70   stop loss @ 8.20

bought SUWN @ .2160   mental stop @ .19ish

$5000 in each  8)


eliteG

11/29/2005 - Tuesday
Halftime Update

Feelin good about the picks not seeing anything else in the meantime.  I'll get charts up eventually.. lunch-break time. 

Check out this game to relax: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/curveball.php
I can get to level 8.. oh there might be an advertisement first.. just click top right to skip I think.  Warning this game is addicting.  :D

For this halftime update I took the quote at 12  8)  dont worry I'll make it look all cool soon  ;)




eliteG

I've decided to make a surgical strike.  I'm not seeing a double but perhaps a quick upwards 15-20% move... who knows maybe more.

bought KRY @2.11   stop @ 1.94

eliteG

the charts:




eliteG

bought more SUWN @ .226 (1/2 a position $2,500)

this brings my average price on SUWN to .219

So right now 3 positions.

PRFT - bought at 8.70 $5,000.. stop @ 8.20ish for now

SUWN
- bought twice .0216 and .0226 $7500.. I like it a lot  >:D stop around .195ish

KRY
- bought @ 2.11 for a quick surgical strike that hopefully will execute tomorrow  >:D stop @ 1.94

8)

eliteG


eliteG


eliteG


eliteG


eliteG

KRY - 5 min chart update

lets see which way it expands..




eliteG

Trading Update:

bought OPSW @ 5.87 ($5000)   stop @ 5.55ish  8)

eliteG

Update

PRFT - sold @ 8.72, I believe its going up but didnt feel like waiting, sorry for the late update

SUWN - under pressure but I'm holding.  Still looks bullish on the daily.  My mental stop will be .194

KRY - still holding stops @ 2.02

OPSW - stop @ 5.55


eliteG

I come back to find I got hammered on KRY.. ouch.  Stop was at 2.02 but I got hit at an avg of 1.97.. oh well thats what I get for trying a surgical strike.  Portfolio only holds SUWN and OPSW.. both at slight losses or around even but I think they can do well these next few days.  We'll find out.

eliteG

11/30/2005 - Wednesday
End of Day Update


You got up days and you got down days.. and when its a down day you have to ask yourself did you limit losses.. I think I did, I think I coulda done a better job of it on KRY.  It showed weakness in its intraday chart..  I'm down .07% but I feel good about my current holdings and I'm looking to find some more Thursday and Friday.  This prototype portfolio will give me time to calibrate everything.  Looking to have all 6 positions filled by Monday.