3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

ISV

Started by David Randolph, December 01, 2005, 05:42:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Randolph

ISV
ISV is just below $1, volume yesterday was about 4 million shares and the stock was up 17%, so this is clearly a speculative stock with very high volatility, exactly the kind that I want for the 3 SOF Fast Portfolio  ;D

The stock was within a symmetrical triangle pattern for almost 2 years now, but yesterday it broke out on the upside with record volume:



The technical target of this breakout is $1.33, so plenty of upside in percentage terms. It will be easy to design an exit with a loss plan, but I won't do that today because I don't do any day trades, whatever happens (and of course I'm not expecting to lose right out of the gate).

Here's the short term chart of ISV:



I'll buy it around the open for the 3 SOF Fast Portfolio, $5,000.

David Randolph

I have a 5.56% profit on ISV, the plan is as follows:

1) Don't let a profit turn into a loss, this means that if the stock prints $0.90, I'll sell.
2) Take profits at $1.20 (a 33.33% profit potential).

If the uptrend continues I'll make a nice profit. If not, I'll lose just the trading commissions.

Nothing more to think about, keep it simple, keep it Fast  :)

puenthouse

Well I do have to admit, these are my favorite types you buy david.  I just sell when it breaks support or you level of decline.  Unlike BCRX,  which i also have, i might have to sit and watch it go wayyyy down to support.  I dont mind losing on stocks, its all part of it.  I just try to loose little, like we would on this.  Looks like .91 is giving support.  Financials came out today??? and looks to have people perplexed. 

On level II today the trading was small and stayed b/w 91 and 94.
Learning from every trade.

metro

Here is a close up of the longer term chart showing the 9-day and lower support line near by at 83 area so would be good risk/reward point  - it is also now below the top Bollinger band so not overbought


http://tinyurl.com/77zvm


David Randolph

Maybe I was too rigid when I set the trading plan for ISV, but I sold at my buying price for a draw, which was $0.90, as planned.

setravis

#5
I will be on this one also, as with SPEX.  ;D
Located here..... 

http://www.3stocksonfire.org/trading/index.php?topic=646.0
"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis

fill_the_gap

#6
Hi,

Buying large percentage of portfolio into ISV right now.

The call should bode very well.

Looking for 30 cent move near term, imo.

Should be on Fire soon ! >:D
Just one opinion, do the research

fill_the_gap

Press Release Source: InSite Vision Incorporated


InSite Vision Reports Second Quarter 2007 Financial Results
Wednesday August 8, 4:05 pm ET


ALAMEDA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--InSite Vision Incorporated (AMEX:ISV - News), an ophthalmic therapeutics, diagnostics and drug delivery company, today reported financial results for the three months ended June 30, 2007.
Net income for the second quarter ended June 30, 2007 is $2.2 million, or $0.02 per share, compared to a net loss of $5.1 million or $ 0.06 per share for the second quarter 2006. The difference was attributed mainly to the recognition of deferred revenue related to the licensing of AzaSite(TM) (1% azithromycin ophthalmic solution) to Inspire Pharmaceuticals and the milestone payment, received following the signing of the agreement and approval of AzaSite(TM) by the FDA on April 27, 2007.

Research and development (R&D) expenses were $2.1 million for the second quarter 2007, compared to $2.8 million in the same quarter in 2006.

Selling, general and administrative (SG&A) expenses increased to $2.1 million in the second quarter 2007, compared to $1.7 million in the same quarter in 2006.

InSite Vision had cash and cash equivalents of $18.9 million at June 30, 2007, compared to $986,000 at December 31, 2006.

For the six months ended June 30, 2007, the Company reported a net loss of $416,000 or, $0.00 per share compared to a net loss of $10.5 million or $0.12 per share for the six months ended June 30, 2006.

Research and development expenses decreased to $3.9 million for the first six months of 2007, compared to $6.0 million in the first six months of 2006. This was due largely to a decrease in external service expenses, which had been primarily related to the AzaSite clinical trials, preparation of the related NDA and the filing fee in 2006.

Selling, general and administrative expenses increased to $3.7 million for the first six months of 2007 compared to $3.4 million in the first six months of 2006.

"With the approval and imminent launch of AzaSite(TM), InSite Vision is at a pivotal point in our business. By leveraging our DuraSite technology and the revenue from AzaSite commercialization, we believe that we have technological and financial capabilities to expand and advance our product pipeline and lead us to profitability and growth," said S. Kumar Chandrasekaran, PhD, chief executive officer, InSite Vision
Just one opinion, do the research

fill_the_gap

Report that summarizes much of the call.

Could get interesting...

http://www.mikehav.com/isv8aug07note.pdf
Just one opinion, do the research