3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

2nd Edition Questions:

Started by thai626, December 09, 2005, 07:09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thai626

Hi Dave and Fred,

I have a few questions about the 2nd edition of the stock picking contest.

1)  Are we allowed to choose the same pick as the first edition?

2)  Once we sell our stock, are we allowed to buy it back and how are you going calculate the final percentage gain?

3)  Have the prizes changed since the first edition?  Or is there a prize for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place?

I have some more questions, but I can't remember them right now.  Anyways.....thanks for everything.  Looking forward to the 2nd edition!

Thai  ;D
Current Holdings:  ASTM, STV, SVA, NIHK.ob

Se7en

Així és la Catalunya, així és el Barça! Mès que un club!!!

thai626

Thanks....that answered some of my questions.  I didn't see that because I thought those rules pertained to only the first edition.  THanks se7en.
Current Holdings:  ASTM, STV, SVA, NIHK.ob

Ramsburg

Quote from: thai626 on December 09, 2005, 07:09:43 PM
Hi Dave and Fred,

I have a few questions about the 2nd edition of the stock picking contest.

1)  Are we allowed to choose the same pick as the first edition?

2)  Once we sell our stock, are we allowed to buy it back and how are you going calculate the final percentage gain?

3)  Have the prizes changed since the first edition?  Or is there a prize for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place?

I have some more questions, but I can't remember them right now.  Anyways.....thanks for everything.  Looking forward to the 2nd edition!

Thai  ;D

Hi thai !

1) yes
2) no, after you sell the stock you lock your performance till the end of the contest
3) yes, we are spliting the prize for the 5th first players.

best regards and good luck !  ;)
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

nica33

Hi.  I just need help to paste the chart in my pick for the contest.  I was trying to do it , but I couldn't  ??? ??? ??? :-\
Can someone explain me please????
Keep it simple !!

thai626

Hi Nica,

Here's how I post a chart.  Go to stockcharts.com, enter your symbol.  A chart will appear, then, to draw lines, write on the chart, etc. you will have to click on "annotate".  Once you finish anotating your chart, press ALt+PrtSc (alternate + print screen).

Open up "paint" from your accessories program and paste that document in paint.  Save the file as JPEG. 

As for posting it on 3stocksonfire, you have to click on additional options, and browse for your chart.  It's pretty simple!
Current Holdings:  ASTM, STV, SVA, NIHK.ob

agatto2

And with stock charts you may also take your little mouse pointer, move to the left hand side of the chart, up top, a little picture of a file disk will pop up ( along with a few other pics ) save to file of your choice, i use my pictures, after that  open paint ( a microsoft program ), browse for the document / picture ( i use paint to draw and make notes on the chart)

Then when you post,, hit additional options at the bottom left of the posting page, click on browse, look for your file, double click on it , then post . taaaaaaaaaaaa da. Phew. :'( :'(

nica33

Thanks Thai and Agatto. I appreciate your help a lot!!!!!!

Good luck :D
Keep it simple !!

RIGHT SIDE investment club

#1 fousc KNOL 2.80 11.98% 3.18 13.57%
#2 RIGHT SIDE (*) MVCO 12.95 13.17% 14.26 10.12%
#3 dididi (*) SIFY 8.925 12.04% 9.7699 9.47%
#4 dwest718 CYTO 3.10 14.19% 3.54 9.26%
#5 VikingFan MVCO 12.95 13.17% 14.26 8.61%


I think we have a problem take a look to the 2º and 5º place. The same stock at the seman price and diferent Gain/Loss
Kind Regards,
                   RSIC


Bullish or Bearish be in the Right Side Investment Club

--------------------------------
www.rightsideclub.com
---------------------------------

www.rightsideclub.com/newsletter.pdf

thai626

Fred,

Here's another question I have.  Suppose that someone gets beat by the people who will be disqualified from the contest..........will their placement in the overall standing be shifted up?

Example:
Suppose I come in fourth place behind fousc and two others players that are not qualified to win any prizes............will I get fourth place overall or second place overall since they won't be receiving the prize anyways?

Thanks,
Thai
Current Holdings:  ASTM, STV, SVA, NIHK.ob

redsox

BSQR said several new customers to be announced in coming months, that was in Nov.

BSQR new product that enables consumers to enjoy movies and video clips, view family photos, and listen to music on a single mobile device. According to In-Stat (www.instat.com), annual shipments of PMP players will enjoy greater than 56% compound annual growth between 2005 and 2009, representing millions of unit shipments and a growing market opportunity for BSQUARE.


"Our PMP media-management and player solution is a logical extension of our Reference Design initiative whereby BSQUARE provides pre-engineered hardware and software solutions that our customers can adapt, customize and rapidly take to market," said Pawan Gupta, Vice President of Products, BSQUARE. "We expect to announce several other customers for our PMP software in the coming months. We also anticipate that OEMs developing set-top boxes and converged mobile devices will be interested in our PMP technology to play and manage multimedia content."


Ramsburg

Quote from: thai626 on December 22, 2005, 05:12:07 AM
Fred,

Here's another question I have.  Suppose that someone gets beat by the people who will be disqualified from the contest..........will their placement in the overall standing be shifted up?

Example:
Suppose I come in fourth place behind fousc and two others players that are not qualified to win any prizes............will I get fourth place overall or second place overall since they won't be receiving the prize anyways?

Thanks,
Thai

Hi Thai,

Well... they will just appear on the results table, but they will not be able to receive any prize, and yes in that example you would be (officially) Second place and not fourth.

regards ;).
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

fill_the_gap

Ramsburg,

I have not followed the contest.  For your next round, I would like to submit.
Not sure if I need to select just one.  Sounds like fun.

- DOW
- GZFX
- CESY
- CHK

Either way, keep an eye on them into the next calls.  ;)
Just one opinion, do the research

echo

Ramsburg:

If we decide to sell our position before the end of the contest, how do we go about doing that?

Tia.
There's always a bull market somewhere and I promise to bla bla bla bla........

echo

No need to reply i found the selling orders loink thanks
There's always a bull market somewhere and I promise to bla bla bla bla........