3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

Chart Patterns/Candlestick Patterns

Started by fous, December 27, 2005, 07:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fous

Hey 3sof community,

I would like to ask for your help  :D

Im working on a project with chart patterns and would like to ask for you to submit any good examples of good chart pattern examples from any stock charts that you may be analyzing.

Such as:

-ascending/descending triangles/wedges/channels

-double and triple tops/bottoms

-invertered/upright head & shoulders patterns

-wolf wave patterns

-trading ranges or any other patterns that i failed to mention

I appreciate any help :)

As well i would like any submissions of text book examples of candlestick patterns working out on a chart.

Im searching for all these myself yet it's hard to find examples of each on my own. So im not asking to go searching for anything, But if you notice a nice chart or candlestick pattern while analyzing your own stocks i would appreciate it if you could post it here

thanks,

-fousc
trade it like you mean it!

shipman

#1
    Sounds like you're trying to write a book.  I admire the dedication.  I would like to start some type of similar project.  I'll be glad to submit any thing I can find.   Good luck as always.
  Two more questions. What about timeframes?  And, Do you want forming patterns or just examples?

fous

#2
Quote from: shipman on December 27, 2005, 08:39:36 PM
    Sounds like you're trying to write a book.  I admire the dedication.  I would like to start some type of similar project.  I'll be glad to submit any thing I can find.   Good luck as always.
  Two more questions. What about timeframes?  And, Do you want forming patterns or just examples?

Thanks for replying shipman. But no its not a book ;) maybe one day. Timeframes wise i would like it to be short term to medium term charts I.E. 1 week-6 months or so. Forming patterns or good examples will do. Though the end result of the forming pattern needs to be valid for it to be useful ;) but the more examples the better.

Thanks,

-fousc

PS. PERSONS SHALL RECEIVE APPLAUDS FOR EACH POST TO THIS THREAD WITH A CHART OR CANDLE STICK PATTERN EXAMPLE.
trade it like you mean it!

sebfr

Hi Fousc,

I like "Head and shoulders" and double bottom/top...I have post a lot of example about thses chart patterns (Cf. "Stock market talking")..

With GZFX you can find a double top and a double bottom on the same chart...I hope chart is enough for you. If you need more explanations, tap on my shoulder ! :D

Good trades

shipman

Ok, found a better example.  FOUSC you should check out this site it might be a help.  Here's a chart. hotcandlesticks.com

shawFund

Here is an example of bullish reversal candlestick pattern.

Semi index SXX formed a "Morning Star" bullish reversal pattern on October 30, 2005.

From October 30 to Dec 5, it gained 20% (many semi stocks gained 50% or more during this period of time).

fous

Hey that was quick :) Thanks alot for the charts guys really great stuff. Keep it comin!

Applauds for the each of yas 8)

-fousc
trade it like you mean it!

Melf Elf

fousc,

Burlington Resources (BR) is a recent example of the expression, "First the chart...then the news."

1.  November 21 - Breakaway gap to the upside, above a validated down trendline (green line).

2. Successful re-test of the down trendline on November 28.

3. In early December, BR broke out of a "W"-bottom; the right side of the "W" was an Ascending Triangle.

4. December 7, 8, and 9, the lows of those days held slightly above the breakout.  The chart looked more than ready to head to the pattern target...then the news.

5. December 12 - BR to merge with ConocoPhillips (COP).  Pattern target made the next day.

It's nice when these patterns work out the way that they "should."   :D

Good luck with your project, fousc!

metro

This is the NASDAQ yesterday  - very typical bear flag. After a large red candle the stock moves back up on often decreasing volume. These can be good short setups to go short when the flag breaks.





There are so many chart reference sites such as:
Introduction to Chart Patterns  at Stockcharts

http://tinyurl.com/b4fgl

or chartpatterns.com

http://www.chartpatterns.com/

or

http://tinyurl.com/9odvm







Ramsburg

Here's a Symmetrical Triangle pattern on TAXI

Meeting the target price, filling all the gaps, etc.
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

fous

thanks guys all great stuff! more more more!!

Im in need of some inverted H&S patterns, ascending channels/wedges, and tradinging range breakouts. But will like anything you got.

-fousc
trade it like you mean it!

Melf Elf

Bearish Rising Wedge:

bamboo

For your refence, here is a rising wedge, but not neccessary bearish, IMO.


Melf Elf

H&S Top...Wolfe Wave...

Melf Elf

Triple Bottom...Triangles...exploded to the upside out of those "nested" patterns.  Currently above $28.