3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

GT

Started by David Randolph, January 09, 2006, 08:04:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Randolph

GT
Goodyear is undervalued and experiencing improving fundamentals. The technical trend is also bullish.

I'll buy GT at today's open for the 3 Stocks on Fire Portfolio.

snowcat

This stock is the perfect channel stock.  Higher highs & lower lows, yes, but it will hit 21ish then bound down to 15ish and start all over, no?

Bounces up and down like a rubber tire.

David Randolph

Quote from: snowcat on January 10, 2006, 09:49:25 PM
This stock is the perfect channel stock.  Higher highs & lower lows, yes, but it will hit 21ish then bound down to 15ish and start all over, no?

Bounces up and down like a rubber tire.

Perhaps you're right snowcat  :)

But I still think GT goes higher from this point, the stock is cheap with improving fundamentals. I'll have to dig a bit further, probably on tomorrow's update.

In the meantime I'll continue holding GT.

David Randolph

Bull markets have no resistance, and when GT decisively breaks $18.58 on the upside it won't stop before $23 or so (of course, it will take time for the move to develop, but I have time).

I'll continue holding GT without reserves.


David Randolph

GT came down a bit yesterday with the rest of the general market, nothing special. I'll continue holding GT.

snowcat

The bounce looks like about 18.28 and will go to about 19ish.

David Randolph

Quote from: snowcat on January 13, 2006, 11:45:51 AM
The bounce looks like about 18.28 and will go to about 19ish.

Yes, but nothing special. I think GT is undervalued at this point and the stock can rise further and make new highs, but it hardly can be considered a stock on fire. I'm not sure the stock will be able to figure on a maximum of 10 holdings portfolio, but I'll continue holding it for now.

David Randolph

GT is starting to erode and I'm losing my patience with it, because GT isn't a Stocks on Fire Portfolio style of stock. I don't like it longer term either. The only reason that led me to buy it was cheap valuation. But probably, that cheap valuation is there for a reason, a strong reason: global demand for tires, especially more expensive tires, may slowdown.

Losing 4.75% at this point, a small loss that I will take around today's open. Better lose small than risk losing big.