3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

G's Place

Started by eliteG, January 09, 2006, 12:46:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

basonista

Good morning everyone!

G, TPWR showed up on my scan this morning.  It's been consolidating for a little while now in a bull flag.  Volume is staying strong and it's finding support on it's MAs.  How does it look to the master?

basonista

#541
I know IMNR has been discussed here recently but here is a new chart.  What do you think, G?  It's looking like it will gap up a little at the open.

eliteG

Quote from: basonista on February 17, 2006, 08:22:42 AM
Good morning everyone!

G, TPWR showed up on my scan this morning. It's been consolidating for a little while now in a bull flag. Volume is staying strong and it's finding support on it's MAs. How does it look to the master?

good morning bas TPWR looks good to me.  Like you said nice support, volume is there.. long-term its ok.. hmm if it makes a move up on really high volume I think it looks very good.  Good eye ;)

digdug42

Hey G, this is my first post on your board, although I have been following it for a little while now.  Great pick on ptsc, I got in on it a few days ago and am still doing well.  What do you think about GCOG.  Moving pretty well today, up 10% already.

slomo007

Thanks for the heads up basonista.  I just bought TPWR.  Looks awfully nice.  >:D Applaud.

nmbr1ballr

Quote from: eliteG on February 16, 2006, 07:06:38 PM
NIHK  I'm thinking is a turnaround play due to new management.  It has an excellent long-term chart whcih leads me to believe it could be more than a double as well.  Basically at this point they are both good plays in my mind.
What do you think about NIHK short term?  I was hoping for it to make a decent % gain and be in it for maybe no more than 2 or 3 weeks?

basonista

Quote from: slomo007 on February 17, 2006, 10:10:21 AM
Thanks for the heads up basonista.  I just bought TPWR.  Looks awfully nice.  >:D Applaud.

Thanks, slomo. :) I'll be looking to buy on a breakout of the upper trendline, hopefully on volume like G mentioned.

I have a question for G or anyone else that can help.  I have seen many times on lvl2 when an MM steps in with something like 999 size on either the ask or bid to prop up or slow an advance.  I bought CKEI this morning at .038, watched it quickly move u to .045 only to see ARCA step in with 999 size on the ask.  Now, they are stepping the ask down with the same size.  They have effectively halted CKEI's advance and are close to bringing it down to the 20ma on the 5 minute chart.  Is that their goal?  Keeping it from running too fast?

I had the same thing happen last year on CRGO when Ramsburg picked it.  One of the MMs started to walk it down and really killed the advance quickly.

basonista

Now ARCA is staying at .042 as CKEI approaches the 20ma.

eliteG

Quote from: digdug42 on February 17, 2006, 10:01:57 AM
Hey G, this is my first post on your board, although I have been following it for a little while now.  Great pick on ptsc, I got in on it a few days ago and am still doing well.  What do you think about GCOG.  Moving pretty well today, up 10% already.

hey digdug, thx I'm glad the PTSC made you some green  8)

GCOG it only looks allright to me.. I dont consider the volume sustained and I dont like the risk reward ratio either.  Deep underneath the 200 as well.

Quote from: nmbr1ballr on February 17, 2006, 10:16:47 AM
What do you think about NIHK short term? I was hoping for it to make a decent % gain and be in it for maybe no more than 2 or 3 weeks?

NIHK - I believe it will start moving next week, we shall see  ;)

Quote from: basonista on February 17, 2006, 10:20:01 AM

I have a question for G or anyone else that can help.  I have seen many times on lvl2 when an MM steps in with something like 999 size on either the ask or bid to prop up or slow an advance.  I bought CKEI this morning at .038, watched it quickly move u to .045 only to see ARCA step in with 999 size on the ask.  Now, they are stepping the ask down with the same size.  They have effectively halted CKEI's advance and are close to bringing it down to the 20ma on the 5 minute chart.  Is that their goal?  Keeping it from running too fast?

I had the same thing happen last year on CRGO when Ramsburg picked it.  One of the MMs started to walk it down and really killed the advance quickly.

not sure what that is bas.. sometimes it can be overcome but I think I remember that coming into play on GLIF as well.. maybe it has to do with naked shorting or maybe its simply a large position that is trying to get sold.

basonista

Quote from: eliteG on February 17, 2006, 10:33:14 AM

not sure what that is bas.. sometimes it can be overcome but I think I remember that coming into play on GLIF as well.. maybe it has to do with naked shorting or maybe its simply a large position that is trying to get sold.


Thanks, G.  I'm keeping an eye on it.  ARCA is holding at .042 still but if they start walking down again, I'll be out with my small gain. :)

wrangler

Good morning elite
Decided to sell ptsc @ .40 so I just put limit order in for it. Will let you know if it sells. Decided to sell and take gain and move on. It seems to be stalling chart really looks good but when a stock begins to stall I like to get out. If this sell's this should give me back some of my losses I've been taking on the thread I've got started.
wrangler

basonista

G, what do you think of all the action on AXIGE?  It's showing some strength this morning with a little pick up in volume.  I don't have a clue how to read this "rebound" considering the move it's already made - up and down.  Thanks! :)

digdug42

Thanks for the quick reply. Great picks, I am learning a lot reading your thread and picks.

runner2847

Anyone watching VRDI? Its moving pretty stong this morning. Any thoughts?

wrangler

Just sold PTSC @.39
Thanks again and another applaud elite for another great pick. Will be watching for more ..How about some on some NasdaqNM if you come across any.
wrangler