3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

G's Place

Started by eliteG, January 09, 2006, 12:46:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thai626

Quote from: eagerlearner on February 17, 2006, 01:07:51 PM
Hey Elite ,   :)  got a nasdaq pick for ya
SCMR, broke out of ascending triangle, MACD crossover .
What ya think wizzard?
Thx



Not bad.......I think SCMR has a pretty good risk/reward ratio.  I may try to pick some up right now.  If I do get, I'll take what wranger said into consideration........ie. put in a stop order at about 5.00.  I like the breakout on volume so it looks like a pretty good ascending triangle play (my favorite).
Current Holdings:  ASTM, STV, SVA, NIHK.ob

wrangler

#586
Hope this help's with all that's into SCMR. Below link is Starmine earnings estimate for SCMR. Type ticker  in and push enter
http://tinyurl.com/czu9q
wrangler

OneStockMind

Quote from: tommyt on February 17, 2006, 12:06:51 PM
anyone watching INFO + 109%, What's up?


One of thestocker.com pumps. They load up a lot of shares and start pumping the stock.
They post it after they are already fully loaded and drove the price up. Then they get MOMO players interested and drive the price even higher. That's a totally manipulated game and if you get in there's a big chance you'll lose since once they decide to get out watch the price drop like 50% in a few minutes!
I've seens this many times. There's even a group on Yahoo that shorts all of thestockster.com plays because they usually offer a good profit a few days after the pump is over.

wrangler

Elite would appreciate TA on NWD as soon as you can. I'm thinking of entering,,Possible cup with handle
Thanks elite
wrangler

eagerlearner

does the market really close on Monday? usually i see a note on my broker website if so , but there isnt today.  and there are many companies releasing earnings on Monday.
Thanks.

thai626

Quote from: wrangler on February 17, 2006, 01:41:30 PM
Hope this help's with all that's into SCMR. Below link is Starmine earnings estimate for SCMR. Type ticker  in and push enter
http://tinyurl.com/czu9q

Thanks Wrangler,

I'm trying to pick up some shares at 5.12.  If I do get it, I think it was meant to be......but i'll be sure to put in that stop order just in case.  Is there anything to worry about regarding earnings?  It looks like a pretty good turnaround as of late.

Current Holdings:  ASTM, STV, SVA, NIHK.ob

runner2847

MCDG is another one moving just in the last few minutes. They had some news come out that prompted the run. Any thoughts?

catrader

pmed, now at 0.017 running on licensing approval in canada.

catrader

Quote from: eagerlearner on February 17, 2006, 01:59:44 PM
does the market really close on Monday? usually i see a note on my broker website if so , but there isnt today.  and there are many companies releasing earnings on Monday.
Thanks.

per email send to me from lowtrades, market is closed monday.

slomo007

Quote from: catrader on February 17, 2006, 02:25:37 PM
Quote from: eagerlearner on February 17, 2006, 01:59:44 PM
does the market really close on Monday? usually i see a note on my broker website if so , but there isnt today.  and there are many companies releasing earnings on Monday.
Thanks.

per email send to me from lowtrades, market is closed monday.

Sorry for the off topic post, but how do you like lowtrades?  I am thinking of switching from etrade due to the low commissions.

catrader

Quote from: slomo007 on February 17, 2006, 02:35:40 PM
Quote from: catrader on February 17, 2006, 02:25:37 PM
Quote from: eagerlearner on February 17, 2006, 01:59:44 PM
does the market really close on Monday? usually i see a note on my broker website if so , but there isnt today.  and there are many companies releasing earnings on Monday.
Thanks.

per email send to me from lowtrades, market is closed monday.

Sorry for the off topic post, but how do you like lowtrades?  I am thinking of switching from etrade due to the low commissions.

so far no problem with lowtrades.  Can't beat the $5 per trade, regardless of quanity.  Thinking of opening account at tradeking.com.  There is $4.95 per trade, but more for stocks under $1.(see the fine print) The incentive in that get $100 added to account if do first trade by april 15.(no minimum in opening account from waht they said)  Got an email which I could forward if you pm me about the promotion.  And they have options too and it seems to have more research stuff than lowtrades.

slomo007

Quote from: catrader on February 17, 2006, 02:41:14 PM
Quote from: slomo007 on February 17, 2006, 02:35:40 PM
Quote from: catrader on February 17, 2006, 02:25:37 PM
Quote from: eagerlearner on February 17, 2006, 01:59:44 PM
does the market really close on Monday? usually i see a note on my broker website if so , but there isnt today.  and there are many companies releasing earnings on Monday.
Thanks.

per email send to me from lowtrades, market is closed monday.

Sorry for the off topic post, but how do you like lowtrades?  I am thinking of switching from etrade due to the low commissions.

so far no problem with lowtrades.  Can't beat the $5 per trade, regardless of quanity.  Thinking of opening account at tradeking.com.  There is $4.95 per trade, but more for stocks under $1.(see the fine print) The incentive in that get $100 added to account if do first trade by april 15.(no minimum in opening account from waht they said)  Got an email which I could forward if you pm me about the promotion.  And they have options too and it seems to have more research stuff than lowtrades.

Most of my trades are on stocks < 1.00.  So I think I'd be better off with Lowtrades.  Thanks for the help, I'll try to get my form mailed in this weekend!  I can't believe they don't have an online application process!  ::)

gri64

Quote from: catrader on February 17, 2006, 02:41:14 PM
Quote from: slomo007 on February 17, 2006, 02:35:40 PM
Quote from: catrader on February 17, 2006, 02:25:37 PM
Quote from: eagerlearner on February 17, 2006, 01:59:44 PM
does the market really close on Monday? usually i see a note on my broker website if so , but there isnt today.  and there are many companies releasing earnings on Monday.
Thanks.

per email send to me from lowtrades, market is closed monday.

Sorry for the off topic post, but how do you like lowtrades?  I am thinking of switching from etrade due to the low commissions.

so far no problem with lowtrades.  Can't beat the $5 per trade, regardless of quanity.  Thinking of opening account at tradeking.com.  There is $4.95 per trade, but more for stocks under $1.(see the fine print) The incentive in that get $100 added to account if do first trade by april 15.(no minimum in opening account from waht they said)  Got an email which I could forward if you pm me about the promotion.  And they have options too and it seems to have more research stuff than lowtrades.


I suggest  to check commissions and order types (i.e. STOP on penny stock) in the http://www.interactivebrokers.com.
I used it for 6 month. Some 3SoF members gave me recommendations to choose this broker.

Lucas Scott

Still holding all PTSC. I can't sell, I might lose my position. Such a nice setup. Already took my profits when I sold the shares I bought at 20.4 at 24.4 and bought them all back at 21.

VRDI. I am not a fan. Too much probability of a double-top.

SUWN. I didn't like it at the close on Wednesday, but I'm warming up to it again. Bullish flag. Though I was long for two months in it, I still don't know what a neutraceutical is LOL.  
GO IN THAT HOUSE OF PAIN THAT YOU SEEM TO WANT TO BE IN, BUT GET AWAY FROM ME.  I'M TRYING TO WORK, DAMMIT.

palindrome

Hey G,

The week is over for me. You have a great weekend. Try to get some rest, we need your valuable opinions next week. 8)