3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

G's Place

Started by eliteG, January 09, 2006, 12:46:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

santacruzin

Picked up some GTCB this am on the news at 1.32 for hopeful bounce back up.
Also, grabbed a bunch of CDSS at .73.  Was wondering if there are opinions on how to play CDSS tomorrow..or what to look for in terms of indicators of how to play it. Thanks all..just my 2nd day visiting here and getting used to format..

basonista

Quote from: mcolin on February 23, 2006, 06:11:59 PM
Answered my own question about NIHK and "Dutchess." It's an institutional holder that sold 250K shares on 1/26. Looks like a few other institutional holders sold shares as well in the last quarter. Doesn't appear to be any institutional holders at this time, if I read the Yahoo info correctly. Again, is this something to be concerned about?

Thanks.

Nah, nothing to worry about.  It just means that they will have to help push the price of the stock up when it starts running away from them and they decide to buy back in. ;)  They are probably kicking themselves already since they sold close to the low of the pullback and the stock has gone up over 50% since then.  And it's an institutional buyer?  I certainly don't want them running any of my investments! ;D

Lucas Scott

QuoteDoesn't appear to be any institutional holders at this time, if I read the Yahoo info correctly
Good, then they can't be sellers anymore! The Duchess - Off with her head! >:D

Today may have been the beginning of a cup and handle breakout for NIHK. I can see the price following the top Bollinger Band until a breakout of .13, then off to the races. If it breaks .13 with decent volume I'll probably double up on my position.
GO IN THAT HOUSE OF PAIN THAT YOU SEEM TO WANT TO BE IN, BUT GET AWAY FROM ME.  I'M TRYING TO WORK, DAMMIT.

Lucas Scott

Quote from: eliteG on February 23, 2006, 03:23:42 PM
Quote from: waxweazle on February 23, 2006, 03:18:28 PM
Hi G pleas look on

dlgi it could be the next ptsc

its a nice move no doubt on DLGI but the safety net is long gone and the volume is not what I look for(need more of it) thx for the heads up though wax  ;)

At the risk of getting my rating smited down to zero for dissenting with The Great One >:D, I think the DLGI chart looks hot. Optimally I would like to buy it at .35. If it pulls back near there, I may jump in. I remember a former friend pounding the table two years ago and telling me DLGI was a strong buy at $1.25. Now you know why he's a former friend :D.  Luckily by that time I had started to realize he was a pumper dumper and I stayed out.   

I'll try to keep an eye on it. Thanks Wax.

Here's the chart. It's too big to upload here so I'll link to it. She's a beaut!

http://tinyurl.com/puuoj
GO IN THAT HOUSE OF PAIN THAT YOU SEEM TO WANT TO BE IN, BUT GET AWAY FROM ME.  I'M TRYING TO WORK, DAMMIT.

higherstocks

Hey G I have 3 stocks for your expert analysis.  ;D

higherstocks

#830
Heres one more that caught my eye G. SPZI

eliteG

Quote from: Lucas Scott on February 23, 2006, 07:20:03 PM
QuoteDoesn't appear to be any institutional holders at this time, if I read the Yahoo info correctly
Good, then they can't be sellers anymore! The Duchess - Off with her head! >:D

Today may have been the beginning of a cup and handle breakout for NIHK. I can see the price following the top Bollinger Band until a breakout of .13, then off to the races. If it breaks .13 with decent volume I'll probably double up on my position.

good eye, looks like a nice cup w/handle  8)

Quote from: Lucas Scott on February 23, 2006, 07:54:26 PM
Quote from: eliteG on February 23, 2006, 03:23:42 PM
Quote from: waxweazle on February 23, 2006, 03:18:28 PM
Hi G pleas look on

dlgi it could be the next ptsc

its a nice move no doubt on DLGI but the safety net is long gone and the volume is not what I look for(need more of it) thx for the heads up though wax  ;)

At the risk of getting my rating smited down to zero for dissenting with The Great One >:D, I think the DLGI chart looks hot. Optimally I would like to buy it at .35. If it pulls back near there, I may jump in. I remember a former friend pounding the table two years ago and telling me DLGI was a strong buy at $1.25. Now you know why he's a former friend :D.  Luckily by that time I had started to realize he was a pumper dumper and I stayed out.   

I'll try to keep an eye on it. Thanks Wax.

Here's the chart. It's too big to upload here so I'll link to it. She's a beaut!

http://tinyurl.com/puuoj

Lucas I dont see how you are disagreeing with me.  The chart is hot like I said but it doesnt meet my safety filter(of volume and close to consolidation).  I take big positions in penny stocks and that means I need muchos volume.  This chart is totally bullish but I dont consider it at optimum entry for someone who plays big positions.  My two thumbs are not required for a stock to go up or mean a stock will go up and I dont see why anyone would smite you for disagreeing with me.  Goodluck on your trade, I know you know your shit.

Quote from: higherstocks on February 23, 2006, 08:10:44 PM
Hey G I have 3 stocks for your expert analysis. ;D
Quote from: higherstocks on February 23, 2006, 08:24:37 PM
Heres one more that caught my eye G. SPZI

ACKO - I was looking at this all day.. it has potential but something keeps holding me back.. not sure what yet.

The others you mentioned do not meet my volume requirements and to me are showing nothing special at this time.


higherstocks

Cool Thx G Man, I know you are a busy man so I appreciate the TA.  I was looking at ACKO also it caught my eye, but have not bought in yet.  CMHD also caught my eye the chart looks good had a run of 100% today and closed just at the HOD.  I am still in VRDM hopefully volume will continue.  Good luck with your trades Elite and make some money  >:D

lalitha0

EliteG,
What do you think about HYBT.ob?

Broke out today to 52 week High.

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/060222/20060222005373.html?.v=1

They have split many times and just announced a 3 for 1 split!



lalitha

eliteG

Quote from: higherstocks on February 24, 2006, 12:09:26 AM
Cool Thx G Man, I know you are a busy man so I appreciate the TA.  I was looking at ACKO also it caught my eye, but have not bought in yet.  CMHD also caught my eye the chart looks good had a run of 100% today and closed just at the HOD.  I am still in VRDM hopefully volume will continue.  Good luck with your trades Elite and make some money  >:D

No prob higher.. sorry I couldnt be more detailed and thx, and goodluck to u too  8)

Quote from: lalitha0 on February 24, 2006, 12:17:01 AM
EliteG,
What do you think about HYBT.ob?

Broke out today to 52 week High.

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/060222/20060222005373.html?.v=1

They have split many times and just announced a 3 for 1 split!



lalitha

sorry lalitha.. another one of my safety filters HYBT I do not trade .ob higher than 2.  I do not understand why a stock would stay there and not move to a more respectable exchange.  But I wanted to mention that I think the tall white today makes it hard to say this is safe.. it could definately run but a split is truly not worth a 30% move, must be more to it.  ;)


lana2b

Morning Elite!

What you see in IESRQ

Thanks

AussieTrader

Man this is a busy thread :o

Hey Setravis, you said a while back your best strategy was Elite picks em and you buy them ;) Well maybe Elite should take a look at one of your old picks IGTG, some history with it (reverse split) . They are a pink sheet going through the process of  filing to move to the OTC with a nice portfolio of products, sound management and  growing marketing presence.

Perhaps the next PTSC ;)

http://www.3stocksonfire.org/trading/index.php?topic=681.0
AussieTrader
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

tommyt

Very interesting data on the performance of microcaps since 1926. Remind me to buy IWC calls next December- http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=iwc&p=D&yr=2&mn=6&dy=0&id=p92971515570


Microcap seasonality
(based on a Barron's story by Mark Hulbert, via Crossing Wall Street)

Research from Dartmouth's Kenneth French and University of Chicago's Eugene Fama reveals that microcap stocks are much more seasonal than any of us imagined. They studied the performance of stocks by market cap from July 1926 to December 2004. French and Fama found that stocks in the lowest decile -- a fair proxy for microcaps -- dramatically outperformed their larger cap brethren, but that the bulk of that performance occurred in the month of January.

Here are the annualized microcap returns by month from July 1926 to December 2004:

January.........159.82%
February.........25.10%
March...............1.21%
April................12.86%
May...................6.85%
June..................6.57%
July.................22.64%
August.............8.16%
September.......-7.75%
October..........-14.60%
November..........7.97%
December.........-1.94%

lalitha0

Thanks G,

I never thought about it that way - that is why doesn't the stcok move to a better exchange.

Lalitha