3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

The Interview with Fousc

Started by Ramsburg, January 12, 2006, 03:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramsburg


Fousc (Cameron Fous)

3SOF: What's your age? 
Fousc: I'm 21 years old

3SOF: What's your real name?
Fousc: Cameron Fous. Im the one on the right in the photo. The stunning women to my left is my wonderful girlfriend.

3SOF: Where do you live?
Fousc: My home town is Eugene , Oregon . Im currently living in Corvallis , Oregon attending Oregon State University .

3SOF: How long have you been trading the stock market?
Fousc: I placed my first trade on 7/18/05. And sold it for a loss of course :)

3SOF: What was your motivation/trigger to get in this business?
Fousc: I've always wanted to get into the stock market as far back as i can remember. I just didnt have any money to get started. Well i did, but all my money i had then i put towards buying cars. Finally, last summer i put my 1997 BMW M3 up for sale and decided i was gonna use the money to get started in trading. But the real trigger that made me decide to use this money for trading and not to buy another car was because my aunt knows this guy who knows a guy and i guess he knows things lol. Well he claimed that this company named Cytomedix(GTF) was gonna be big. So all my family and relatives got brainwashed into buying this stock, myself included, even my girlfriend lol. Well i got in at 4.20, and sure enough the stock continued to climb. Well on 8/29/05 i decided that i was gonna sell it, and there was no way i was gonna tell anyone in my family or they would call me crazy and yell at me cause this claimed stock guru says its going to 20! So then on 9/13/05 i wake up at 7:30 AM to check out the market action. I look at GTF and see that its at 2.50! i thought to myself this must be a mistake, it was just at 6 yesterday?? Well it ended up closing that day at 1.68 on a bad PR. A you know what load of money was lost that day in my family. Then i told them that i sold a couple weeks before lol. They were happy i got out, but my gf wasn't to happy that i didnt tell her to sell it when i did.

3SOF: What's your trading time frame ?
Fousc: My timeframe for my holdings usually ranges from a couple days to several weeks.

3SOF: Besides Stocks, do you trade anything else?
Fousc: Currently I only trade stocks, might look in to trading options somewhere down the road.

3SOF: Do you trade for a living, or do you have other activities?
Fousc: Right now i just trade in anticipation of being very wealthy in the future. But then again, i dont have a job, im a full time student at OSU. So i guess you could say i currently do trade for a living.

3SOF: Do you practise any sports, or other leisure activities?
Fousc: In my free time i like to go lift weights, party, play a tune on my guitar, and spend time with my girlfriend. but most of my time goes into analysing stocks.

3SOF: Tell us about your strategy on the markets.
Fousc: I mainly use technical analysis to make plays in the stock market. I start out by running my filter (well its actually David's filter that I use but with a couple tweaks, Thanks Dave I love it) on Metastock to find attractive charts.
Once I find some nice looking charts I check out what's going on with the company at marketwatch.com I.E. average volume, recent PR's. If I like what I see then I'll set up a plan to trade them and hopefully turn out some profits. I begin by filling a position with 8% of my equity and possibly add more down the road if things are going my way. Every time I add more I cut my initial investment in half to limit risk. For example, I fill a position with 8% of my equity, if I decide to add more I'll divide 8% by 2 and add another 4%, then 2% if I add again and so on.

3SOF: How's your trading desk?
Fousc: Right now I use a Qosmio G25 laptop and a 17" Sony LCD display as a second monitor. Running dual monitors is the way to go. I'm Selling my G25 next week though cause its a beast and weighs 10lbs, Anyone wanna buy it? Looking to buy the new Sony FE series laptop with the new Intel duo processor optimized for multitasking.

3SOF: What's your favourite stock market book?
Fousc: I'd have to say my favourite book I've read is "Come into my trading room" by Dr. Elder. A must read for anyone who is thinking about trading. Currently I'm reading David's favourite, "Reminiscences of a Stock Operator" and "The Candlestick Course" by Steve Nison.

3SOF: What's your favourite movie?
Fousc: That's an easy one, "The Gladiator".

3SOF: And your favourite websites about the markets?
Fousc: 3SOF is king !

3SOF: Do you have any inspiration on the stock market?
Fousc: The Founders of this place, Dave and Rams.

3SOF: Congratulations on your stock pick, KNOL gave you almost 40% profit in 1 month, did you actually trade KNOL on your real money portfolio?
Fousc: Unfortunately at the time when i found KNOL i was already fully invested in other stocks. Would have been nice to get that quick 40% gain though.

3SOF: You made a quick profit, selling your position on KNOL in the middle of the contest, and locking your 39.29% profit. At the time you were with a good advance from the other player, and you protected your 1 st place till the end... how did you felt when rickjust got that big jump on GIGM to the 1 st place just 2 sessions before the end of the contest ?
Fousc: HAHA wow. I wasn't too happy I can tell you that. GIGM jumped 20% that day I was amazed. Rickjust put in his selling order for Mondays open. It had to Gap down at least .055 from 3.80 for me to win. I didn't even sleep Sunday night and stayed up all the way to open. Me and Irod (a fellow 3sof member) watched it jump back and forth from 3.75 to 3.73 in the pre-market conversing back and forth on AOL instant messenger in excitement lol. About 10 mins before premarket ended it jumped from 3.73 to 3.75 meaning I would lose. I was thinking, well there goes my win, And at 6:19, 1 minute before the premarket close it dropped back to 3.73!! GIGM opened that day gapped down to 3.73 putting me back in 1st place. It was an exciting morning and a great contest. I went to sleep that morning with a smile on my face :)

3SOF: Tell us about your biggest gain since you start trading?
Fousc: My best trade was on NNVC.PK during the bird flu hype. Bought it at .46 and sold it at a 1.00 making over 100% in profits. Wish i was still holding it went as high as 2.85 today!

3SOF: And about your worst loss?
Fousc: My worst lost was on one that I'm sure several others here can claim it as there worst loss as well. EYII..............

3SOF: How did you find 3stocksonfire.org?
Fousc:  My mom actually lol

3SOF: What members have you been applauding recently on 3SOF ?
Fousc:  Setravis comes to mind...

3SOF: What would you say or recommend to someone that just started trading the markets?
Fousc: For anyone just starting out trading I would recommend reading "Come into my trading room" by Elder, and "Getting started in Technical Analysis" by Jack Schwager. These are 2 great books that will kick-start you in the right direction for profitable trading methods. Also I would recommend staying as far away from pennies as possible when you first start out. A beginning trader cannot handle the greed and hysteria that goes on in the penny world. I know this from experience. I watched my portfolio drop 50% in my first month or so in trading because I was trying to make a quick buck trading pennies. And most of all I would recommend getting premium service at this site to watch and learn from the trades that David Randolph makes.

3SOF: Thanks a lot for this interview; I wish you luck on the next edition!
Fousc: Thanks to you 2 Dave and Rams. I plan on winning the next contest as well ;)
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account