3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

BCGI

Started by David Randolph, June 05, 2005, 05:38:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Randolph

Boston Communications Group, Inc. (BCGI). The Group's principal activity is to provide real-time subscriber management services to the wireless industry.

The long term chart:



And the short term:



The stock had that enormous gap down because of a trial decision. To me that decision was already being discounted for some time so I believe the stock overreacted to the news with a 64% drop in one day.

Insiders agree with me and started buying on Friday's session like there's no tomorrow:

http://www.insidercow.com/index.html  (this site is great for tracking insiders moves)

I don't want to dig too much into the news because that can be prejudicial. I just grasp the essential of the story, buy some stock and sell when they lose momentum. I absolutely don't fall in love for one stock or another, I actually believe there are 11000 stocks competing for my  attention and money.

BCGI has short term upside potential. The court case will have many appeals and the final verdict is still unknown, altough the price is almost at bankruptcy levels. There has to be a rise to a level of more equilibrium, to say the least ...

Everyday our team scans and filters 11000 stocks to come up with the 3 best stocks to buy on a short term basis. We run a diversified public portfolio which is up 100% since May 2005. If you want to join our community and receive our free newsletter, please register.

AussieTrader

No one knows better what is going on 'behind the news' than an insider, if insiders are buying then it is a waving flag we outsiders should look at. Thanks for the insider website David, added that to my favs.
BCGI is NOT a $1 stock IMHO, an entry here is a great risk / reward opportunity.
Mike
AussieTrader
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

puenthouse

Off all three, I liked this one the best.  had to sell one to get it, but right now I am satisfied.  +14%, COWBOY UP !!!
Learning from every trade.

john b mcginnis

The days volume up almost 100% in the morning.
John

Irishman

BCGI Chairman bought 137,00 additional shares this AM. As Mike ( AUSSIETRADER) said, just follow the money.

Pirus

Thanks for heads up on this issue. added a position at $1.86 hoping for the best.
Mark

la-onda

HI DAVID,
may I ask your short term goal for BCGI?

Regards
Oliver


Quote from: David Randolph on June 05, 2005, 05:38:40 PM
Boston Communications Group, Inc. (BCGI). The Group's principal activity is to provide real-time subscriber management services to the wireless industry.

The long term chart:



And the short term:



The stock had that enormous gap down because of a trial decision. To me that decision was already being discounted for some time so I believe the stock overreacted to the news with a 64% drop in one day.

Insiders agree with me and started buying on Friday's session like there's no tomorrow:

http://www.insidercow.com/index.html  (this site is great for tracking insiders moves)

I don't want to dig too much into the news because that can be prejudicial. I just grasp the essential of the story, buy some stock and sell when they lose momentum. I absolutely don't fall in love for one stock or another, I actually believe there are 11000 stocks competing for my  attention and money.

BCGI has short term upside potential. The court case will have many appeals and the final verdict is still unknown, altough the price is almost at bankruptcy levels. There has to be a rise to a level of more equilibrium, to say the least ...

Everyday our team scans and filters 11000 stocks to come up with the 3 best stocks to buy on a short term basis. We run a diversified public portfolio which is up 100% since May 2005. If you want to join our community and receive our free newsletter, please register.


David Randolph

I don't have a target on this one - if the stock enters the gap zone ($2.08-$4.76)  it can rise a lot further but the jury is still out on that (in this case this sentence applies perfectly).

I don't know why you guys just bought the stock now, the recommendation text was posted last night (I personally bought at the open @ $1.66). I'm not saying for you to follow my recos (good Lord) but I'm curious why not at the open but just now that the stock is up 15% from that level.

Perhaps you've waited for some kind of confirmation ...

This is a speculative venture, from my analysis I thought the stock overreacted to the news, but the equilibrium point will always be below $4.76 unless the fundamental picture changes.

la-onda

your alert was send out perfectly, I was just checking if I should increased my IIJI position or start a new one in BCGI.

keep the finger crossed for both now


Quote from: David Randolph on June 06, 2005, 03:31:16 PM
I don't have a target on this one - if the stock enters the gap zone ($2.08-$4.76)  it can rise a lot further but the jury is still out on that (in this case this sentence applies perfectly).

I don't know why you guys just bought the stock now, the recommendation text was posted last night (I personally bought at the open @ $1.66). I'm not saying for you to follow my recos (good Lord) but I'm curious why not at the open but just now that the stock is up 15% from that level.

Perhaps you've waited for some kind of confirmation ...

This is a speculative venture, from my analysis I thought the stock overreacted to the news, but the equilibrium point will always be below $4.76 unless the fundamental picture changes.

David Randolph

IIJI is a more secure play, there's a genuine fundamental back up to it until June the 16 th. BCGI is a more speculative play. Good luck on both, we deserve it  :D

RJ

David,
I am so new to this but I bought later in the day "thinking" of all of the people who might just jump at the open and drive the price up on euphoria. Unfortunately, that was not the case. I bought later in the day at 1.95, much farther in the rise than I wanted to but also while the volume appeared to be bulding further. Rightr? Wrong? I think tomorrow will tell us something. I would also like to thank you for this site. You have a very simple approach to this madness and I am looking forward to learning much from you. Thank you  8)il

David Randolph

As said with the current fundamental picture the equilibrium point for BCGI will probably be below $4.76. I guess something in the range of $2.5 - $3 should be appropriate.

Now we have two scenarios:

1) The stock enters the gap zone (above $2.08) and then I believe it will shoot up in short covering to the $2.5 - $3 range.
2) The stock fails to enter the gap zone and starts crumbling down

My attitude toward these two scenarios:

1) Sell @ $2.5 locking in a 50% profit.
2) Sell @ $1.83 protecting a 10% profit.

Hoping for the best but prepared for the worst.

David Randolph

BCGI lost momentum today. Lower volume and a doji candle revealing indecision from traders. I think I'll sell tomorrow, protecting my 18% profit or at least part of it ... the stock couldn't really enter the gap zone, it tried to, but it couldn't. So me too, I can't hold  BCGI.

David Randolph


eagerlearner

I bought this at 1.80. and didnt pull the trigger fast enuf to let it go today. then this news came out after market closed
http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/050608/prepaid_wireless_verdict.html?.v=2
it dropped further in after hours to 1.76.  should i sell it at open taking the loss , or should i hang on to it? what do u think the verdict will be?  ???
What should i do?  i am a newbie, any help is much appreciated! please help.
Thanks for the advice!