3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

Question - searching for stock manipulator signal format

Started by ELR, February 05, 2006, 02:06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ELR

Hope someone can help me out and recall or inform me on something I read in a board here 6-9 mnths ago.  It is the signalling system manipulators use to each other in their working the market/a particular stock by buying 100, 200, 300 shares of a stock as a signal to others to buy large blocks, sell large blocks etc. in their manipulation.  I have searched here on 3SOF for a couple of hours now and have had no luck in finding that old thread that discussed this.  ???   Any help anyone could give me will be greatly appreciated!

thanks !

elr


boatguy

Hi, Is this what you are looking for?

100 - I need shares
200 - I need shares, but do not take the price down
300 - take the price down to get shares
400 - trade it sideways based on supply and demand
500 - gap the stock, in the direction of the 500 trade

ELR

Great !  thx Boatdude !  exactly what I wuz lookin for.  I would assume that there would be any number of possible variations on this, or do MM's use the same basic system ?  Anyhow, a buddy of mine has been swing trading and mentioned that among some huge volume trades he would see and occaisional block of 200 - 300 etc. but had never heard of them using that as a signal?

thx  :)

elr

boatguy

I would not base any trades on this. If this was true at one time it has changed many times since then. Saying that I have seen enough peculiar antics on L2 not to think there is some sort of code involved at times. I would think it would be some of the odd lot trades you see go through (1273,0,212 etc.).

If you can figure it out let me know, I promise I won't tell anyone!! LOL ::)

Good Luck