3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

Selling Orders (4th Edition)

Started by Ramsburg, February 27, 2006, 02:53:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramsburg

Stock Picking Contest (4th Edition - From 06/Mar/2006 to 10/Apr/2006)

- SELLING ORDERS -
To Submit your Selling Order, reply to this Topic following the Standard Layout:

1)   Selling Order
(Ticker & Name of the Company)


2)   Selling Reason
(a small text, featuring the reasons why you are selling your position)
.

-> Your selling order will be executed on the next opening price after the time stamp of your order

Important: Do not use this thread to another purpose rather than submitting your selling order. For organizational purposes, any reply that is not a selling order will be deleted.
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

shawFund

#1
Limit Sell order EONC at $3.20.

Reason: EONC is a speculative play and I expect it will release good report Thusday. But I am not sure whether it is good enough to make a new high.

If the earnings are really good, it may go up and $3.4 is a strong resistence.


************ MSG from Ramsburg ************
Please, no limit / stop orders in this contest.
Only market sell orders for the next opening price
*****************************************


eagerlearner

#2
whoops, didnt know we cant place stop order here , please disregard this order, i will place an order before market opens , if condition permits   ;)
Sorry Rams  :)

Quote
1) Stop Market order GNBT at $3.95

2) Reason: what a great run, but i do fear today could be the exhaustion because of the extradinary parabolic move (the end of a 3 weeks parabolic run) and record high volume.
Intra-day it dipped to $4 3 times and bounce right back. I will protect this 70%+ profit by placing a stop market order at $3.95 , just below the short term support.

In terms of target, i dont have a firm read , will sell intraday if it spikes up big again tomorrow. $5 comes to mind, as it was a resistence back in 2001 (by looking at the chart).  I will change this to a market sell if it rises near $5 tomorrow.
:)
glta

wrangler

#3
LVLT : LEVEL 3 COMM INC

Reason for sell : With news out and causing a gap up I'm selling due to the gap that usually has to be filled and even if it wasn't, had I owned this stock I would still be happy with the return I would now be getting.

******** MSG from Ramsburg **********
order accepted, will be sold tomorrow at
the open price.
***********************************
wrangler

boatguy

Sell AFOP- Alliance Fiber Optic Products Inc.

Nice run for AFOP yesterday. For the puposes of this contest I think it is time to sell and not look this gift horse in the mouth.

JDSU, AVNX and FNSR down slightly so Alliance may follow.




cache00

Excellent pick and good timing boatguy, congratulations on your gains. Great back to back performance!

boatguy

Thanks Cache,

I see you are in the top 10 again as well, good Job!!