3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

Price & RSI

Started by lana2b, February 28, 2006, 03:20:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lana2b

Hi everybody

I'm just learning and have a question- An explanation appreciated!!!

NOV 17-        : price high @1.36 RSI 80
Feb 27 - ACUR: price high @.65   RSI 80  What does this tell us? good or bad?

Does this mean - today was stronger move and will continue ? OR opposite--
with lower price RSI already reached overbought point

Thanks

lana

KCScott

The way I use RSI depends on what the stock has done previously in overbought or oversold conditions.

I've seen some stocks advance, in RSI above 70, another 10-15% before they correct. Others drop within a day or two.

Looking at three year history of ACUR I see 4 times (including today) it has penetrated RSI 70 - and it dropped hard immediatley afterwards ( down 8% as of this message).

I'd say it's a pretty good indicator for this stock.
Those that think money can't buy happiness, don't know where to shop

lana2b

Thanks KCScott

Placed sell limit @.54 Will see
Plus I don't like their "Financials" today ACURA PHARMACEUTICALS, INC Financials

lana




lana2b

Changed order to.535. Filled. But last tick doesn't show my sell and vol too.????
I'm wondering about this  BIG spike on HUGE vol for several years

Feels like I should hold

lana