3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

EMFP.OB

Started by David Randolph, February 28, 2006, 05:38:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Randolph

About the NanoMask

EFP's 2H Nano-Enhanced Environmental Mask, the NanoMask, relies on the company's core 2H Technology(TM) filtration system, which utilizes a combination of hydrophobic and hydrophilic filters able to capture and isolate bacterial and viral microorganisms with efficiencies of 99.9%. The environmental mask utilizes the company's patented 2H Technology(TM) and nanotechnology to enhance the capture-and-isolation characteristics of the filter media. For an independent discussion of the NanoMask excerpted from the book "H5N1Virus: How to Protect Your Family Against the Coming Pandemic," visit http://emergencyfiltration.com/H5N1 Excerpt.htm.

More news:

«Combined with the company's Henderson, Nev., production facility, the company expects to be able to produce approximately 1 million NanoMask filters per week, enabling it to fulfill its supply commitments to its international and domestic distributors, as well as pursue large retail and medical products customers with whom EFP has already held discussions. Importantly, the company has designed its Nogales facility to accommodate substantial increases in production from the current projected levels of 750,000 filters per week as demand dictates.»

The company is already selling these masks and filters through some distributors. Perhaps this is the fastest, most comprehensive and cheapest way to fight the Bird Flu, I don't know. With the current speculation around Bird Flu vaccine plays, EMFP.OB can rise substantially.

I can't buy a medicine to protect myself and my family if the virus comes to Portugal (it was already found in Spain). But I sure can buy a mask, just in case.

First of all, I'll buy $1,200 or so in EMFP.OB shares for the Pennies on Fire Portfolio around the open.


David Randolph

EMFP.OB sold off after a gap up at the open, as stocks often do. But it held the midpoint of the previous white candle, so the day was still constructive.

I believe this penny stock will sky rocket again in the near future, as the Bird Flu mania continues. This is another way to play it in the stock market, not buying the vaccines, but the masks. It's already available for sale and the company is expanding production as it can, to meet overwhelming demand.

Just sit tight on this, I expect a full double on EMFP.OB.

tokyopua

Hi David,

Nice pick on EMFP, I had played this last year but wound up just breaking even.  But now it does seem to have a bullish trend given the outbreaks of bird flu in Europe.  I bought in today at the low and have already made a tidy profit on 4000 shares.  I am considering trading this one frequently though because I noticed a pattern with bird flu stocks where if they were up over 10% or so on any given day without much news, they drop again the next day, but go up again later as long as general news of bird flu spread continues day by day.  I am curiuos though if you had a timeframe that you thought the stock might double in, and that might temper my itchy sell finger.

Quote from: David Randolph on February 28, 2006, 05:38:02 AM
About the NanoMask
I can't buy a medicine to protect myself and my family if the virus comes to Portugal (it was already found in Spain). But I sure can buy a mask, just in case.

I dont know if you meant this generally, or if you really plan to buy, but if you or anyone else wants to and hasnt, I would say dont delay.  The company itself doesnt distribute the masks (at least they didnt last year) and it took about 6 weeks to get to me when I ordered from one of the distributors listed on the EMFP website.  Of course, that can be taken as a good thing for the stock, as the delay appears to be demand related.
Chance favors the prepared mind

tokyopua

David, applaud on this pick!

I dont remember ever having made 38% on a stock in 3 days!  I think though I will sell half on Monday in order to lock in the gain, I will still have 2000 shares to let ride and see what happens.  But the history of this stock seems to show any 3 day gain like what we have seen is going to see a drop afterwards.  Unless there is some news I dont know about coming out...
Chance favors the prepared mind

David Randolph

Quote from: tokyopua on March 06, 2006, 12:32:18 AM
David, applaud on this pick!

I dont remember ever having made 38% on a stock in 3 days!  I think though I will sell half on Monday in order to lock in the gain, I will still have 2000 shares to let ride and see what happens.  But the history of this stock seems to show any 3 day gain like what we have seen is going to see a drop afterwards.  Unless there is some news I dont know about coming out...

I don't think you should sell this tokyopua. If you do, I hope you can buy it lower next, or it will probably run away from you ...

The trend is your friend, and the trend is bullish. Today there was an Avian Flu outbreak in Poland. And a man in China died of the disease.

I can see this issue will be on the news almost everyday going forward. Everybody feels they're powerless, waiting for a vaccine or government aid. But everybody can buy one of these masks. And they'll probably do it. I'll do it right away.

Good luck on your trades tokyopua, I'll keep on holding EMFP.OB, this can be a 10 bagger.

Michael


I am probably not the only one that has suffered a little set back the last couple of days but it is not only bad news. It is an excellent chance to buy high growth, high quality stocks like VPHM, BNT, KOMG, STX, TIE and EMFP.OB.

I have been adding to some of my existing positions yesterday and did also take advantage of a good chance (I hope) to buy CVM. Today I will try to buy TIE and EMFP.

EMFP had revenue of 54 thousand USD in the Q3 2005.

They are now ramping up production to meet committed orders of 540.000 masks in 2006 and 9,400,000 filters in 2006. This is confirmed orders and the actual demand is most likely much higher. Their mask's are sold for around $10 and their filters for around $1.

I would guess that the confirmed orders represent approximately $6 million revenue for EMFB in 2006. But as mentioned actual revenue could be much higher. They are increasing their production capacity to meet demand of 1,000,000 filters per week. This would represent weekly revenue of $400.000 (if EMFP retain 40 cents per filter) add to this revenue from Masks which I estimates to $200.000 per week (based on the revenue split between filters and masks from confirmed orders).

Weekly revenue of $600K equals yearly revenue of 31.2 million (TTM revenue is $138K  ::)).

This represents the forecast based on today's anxiety level. In case we have an outbreak of Human to Human transmitted Bird Flu I would expect a significant upside. To this you can add any positive outcome of their discussions with the military and sub license revenue. I don't want to speculate on this but if they will succeed it could provide some upside. (Military orders are normally quite profitable!)

All the calculations above are based on some very rough estimations and is most likely wrong but it should give a feel of the direction of the company.

I like the picture so I will try to buy EMFP today if anybody will accept my generous offer  ;)

Mike
Michael Bang Koenig
www.3stocksonfire.org


      Join our Message Board.

David Randolph

Quote from: tokyopua on March 06, 2006, 12:32:18 AM
David, applaud on this pick!

I dont remember ever having made 38% on a stock in 3 days!  I think though I will sell half on Monday in order to lock in the gain, I will still have 2000 shares to let ride and see what happens.  But the history of this stock seems to show any 3 day gain like what we have seen is going to see a drop afterwards.  Unless there is some news I dont know about coming out...

What can I say tokyopua, you were the tiger, I was the sheep. I can tell you I wasn't expecting the stock to gap up when I said you shouldn't sell ... when I saw it opening with a gap up, after such a great run up, I immediately knew it would fall down on profit taking.

Since I always though the selling was just temporary profit taking, I thought it would be silly to sell to buy back lower, since obviously I lost the opportunity to sell at top levels. I still think the recent decline is just temporary profit taking and the stock will make new highs soon, although the decline is now larger than I initially thought.

Michael's words are very encouraging. I'll continue holding EMFP.OB, still no time to order some of those masks and filters, perhaps today.


tokyopua

Hi David,

I was thinking that if the stock had pushed through $2.00 on Monday that it might have held up a little bit better even despite the gap up, as there was that psychological level to be broken.  Also, the markets in general imploded in the last couple of days, which none of us predicted.

As it turns out, since ANGN went up that day, I decided that was a cushion against EMFP possibly selling off, so I decided to not sell off the half position in EMFP.  Of course, I wish I had in retrospect, but I thought it was going to break $2.0 and stay bullish, so in the end it was really just my decision based on external factors.  Again, if the markets hadnt soured, I think it would have broken $2.  In that case if I had sold I would be kicking myself, lol.  Instead the stock just stayed at $2 exactly for a long time and then started falling.  I was even thinking of trying to buy 100 shares at 2.01 just to make that happen, lol.

Do you think I was wrong in this opinion, or would the gap up have dictated a sell off regardless of it hitting above $2.00?  I knew the pattern of EMFP.OB from trading it before, but am still a novice so I would like to learn which you think would take precedence, the gap up causing the selloff, or breaking a psychological level like $2.00?

In any case, the stock is at 1.63 today so things still look good, and I agree on the fundamentals of this stock and plan to hold long term as well.  The backlog sales they have now seem to be 10X what they sold last year (though it looks like some tight margins on the majority of that backlog), plus bird flu is predicted to hit the Americas in 6 to 12 months, and when that happens all bird flu stocks go through the roof.  And I know the company is real and makes real products since I have two of their masks!
Chance favors the prepared mind

tokyopua

Wow, I dont know where this will end up today, but EMFP broke 2.00 and then just started ROCKING to a high of 2.08.  I guess that answers my question posed below about what might have happened if it broke the "psychological" 2.00 level.  I dont know where it will wind up, but if it closes above 2.00 today I will take that as a continued bullish sign.

Am I the only one here enjoying this ride?  David said he thinks it will be a ten bagger, and I think he may be right long term.  If nothing else, I am up 56% in little over a week, and its balancing my losses in DIET :-)
Chance favors the prepared mind

la-onda

I am also invested  ;D

EMFP: New 52-Wk High @ $2.010 up 8.65%
Tuesday , March 14, 2006 12:45 ET

This is the 1st 52 WEEK HIGH alert for EMFP in the past 7 calendar days.

The share price for Emergency Filtration Products Inc (OTCBB: EMFP) reached a new 52-week high today, trading at $2.010, up $0.160 (8.65%) from its previous close of $1.850.

The Company's previous 52-week high of $2.000 was set 8 days ago on March 06, 2006.

One year ago, the Company's shares closed at $0.540. The price has climbed more than 272 percent since then.

At the time of this alert, the stock had traded 524,700 shares via 115 trades, 34.58% below it's 20day average of 802,000 shares.

This new 52-week high currently puts the stock:

53.67% above its 20day Moving Average of $1.308
102.97% above its 50day Moving Average of $0.990
127.71% above its 100day Moving Average of $0.883

garym

elite--thanks so much for daily SOF updates--makes all the difference.

How about pennies?  What do you think about EMFP regarding stops?

Thanks!

tokyopua

As per my previous posts, I think 3 or 4 days up for EMFP would always be followed by some down days historically.  If i had followed my own observation last week I would have sold half my position at the right time and protected a nice profit that I could have bought back lower on too.

However, today seems like a small healthy pullback, as it remained above $2.00 in the end.  2.02 now forms a new support level to test against, and I have learned recently from EliteG that closing above the previous days long white candle's midpoint is a good sign. Its interesting too because the hammer alone seems bullish, as it rebounded nicely from lows.  Combine all this with the solid fundamentals of EMFP's backlog and the overall bullish trend for bird flu stocks and i think we are in good shape.  This time I dont plan to sell EMFP as I think it can just go higher from here.

But yes, it would be interesting if a stop were to be added to this and the other penny stocks as its probably needed with penny stocks more than anywhere else.

Chance favors the prepared mind

learnstock

Hi,EliteG, I am a  new user, do you think it is  good time to add some more EMFP now? Thanks.

eliteG

#13
update EMFP.ob:

Lets see EMFP is near a new 52-week high and showing nice volume and I combine this with the fact the both David and Michael fancy this stock.. EMFP ends up looking great!  :o.  David stated he expects a double here and the technicals look very positive.  At this time we will not place a stop but will watch EMFP closely.  ;)

Oh and this news may provide some lift >:D:
QuoteEmergency Filtration Products' Nogales, Mexico Facility Commences NanoMask Filter Production
Thursday February 16, 2:30 pm ET
http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/060216/20060216005627.html?.v=1

---------------------------------------

Quote from: garym on March 15, 2006, 10:39:59 AM
elite--thanks so much for daily SOF updates--makes all the difference.

How about pennies? What do you think about EMFP regarding stops?

Thanks!

you're welcome garym ;)  as stated in the above update EMFP will not have a stop placed at this time.

Quote from: tokyopua on March 15, 2006, 04:37:10 PM
As per my previous posts, I think 3 or 4 days up for EMFP would always be followed by some down days historically. If i had followed my own observation last week I would have sold half my position at the right time and protected a nice profit that I could have bought back lower on too.

However, today seems like a small healthy pullback, as it remained above $2.00 in the end. 2.02 now forms a new support level to test against, and I have learned recently from EliteG that closing above the previous days long white candle's midpoint is a good sign. Its interesting too because the hammer alone seems bullish, as it rebounded nicely from lows. Combine all this with the solid fundamentals of EMFP's backlog and the overall bullish trend for bird flu stocks and i think we are in good shape. This time I dont plan to sell EMFP as I think it can just go higher from here.

But yes, it would be interesting if a stop were to be added to this and the other penny stocks as its probably needed with penny stocks more than anywhere else.


APPLAUD! well done analysis tokyopua and great work on this board!  :o

Quote from: learnstock on March 15, 2006, 10:47:00 PM
Hi,EliteG, I am a new user, do you think it is good time to add some more EMFP now? Thanks.

That is always a tough question to answer especially after we are showing 44% gains  ;).. hmmm I would wait out this consolidation here.. may make for a nice entry when it breaks upwards so watch the high of 2.13.. and entering here keep a tight stop in place because EMFP can swing down and still look very bullish.  Hope this helps learnstock  :)

eliteG

update EMFP:

This update is to place a stop to protect our profits in EMFP.

We will sell EMFP if it hits our stop @ 1.67.