3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

Template to follow your position

Started by Livana, March 01, 2006, 05:08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Livana

Hello all... I'm sure you all have some kind of spreadsheet to keep track of your trades.

I took it one step further and came up with a spreadsheet that tells you a bunch of stuff:
- Tells you how much you're going to pay in commisions (this is useful for me because I trade a lot of stocks >$1 and Scottrade charge a bit more $7 + 0.5% for that)
- Tells you your G/L with commission
- At what amount the stock will breakeven

Anyway... I've worked hard to get this spreadsheet and just though I'd share it with all of you. And If anyone finds it useful, well, that's just great!

http://www1.coe.neu.edu/~lleccia/documents/My%20Positions_Template.xls

Turns out I cannot attach Excel files on here...

** I forgot to mention: it is set up right now with Scottrade's commision rate: $7 for <$1 and $7 + 0.5% for >$1 -- Go to the Intructions tab to modify those **