3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

Channeling Stocks.....

Started by Deadb440, March 08, 2006, 07:12:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deadb440

Stocks in Price Channels are Very Tradeable,  just add Volume and stir!!
For those unfamiliar with a Price Channel it's a set of Paralell trend lines whether Horizontal, Bullish, or Bearish in direction which allows for strong support and resistance as the stock reaches either top or bottom and then reverses.  Some stocks can channel as low as 5% but others can chanel with a much larger swing range of 60%..... Just make sure the volume is there........  Here's an example of one stock CAT.v that I have been following for a while.  There can be alot of money to be made in trading the swings........

Deadb440

#1
Here's another, and my Long Term favorite.  I tried to add it to the Stockcontest but wasn't allowed because I was new and hadn't had 10 posts yet on the website at the time though I did before the end of the day on the 6th......  Oh well......   :'(        I'll get in on the 5th Contest!



* MPH's cash and cash equivalents... $13,756,000 at January 4, 2006.
* Their Burn Rate is on average $2.5 mil Cdn or $2.1 mil US/qtr.
* Phase 2 and Phase 3 trials are being designed in very close consultation with the FDA to ensure the strictest guidelines are adhered to.
* MPH Currently holds 15 Patents and 17 more are pending.
* MPH was granted "Fast Track Status" on Sept.5/05 for it's Cardioprotective Lead Drug MC-1.
* MPH is using a unique intravenous MC-1 formulation in it's Ph2 and Ph3 trials as necessary for the most acute cases to administer the drug in the fastest means possible to ensure the quickest absorbtion rate by the body.
MC-1 is being tested for it's affects on:
~CABG - Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery
~ACS - Acute Coronary Syndrome
~AMI - Acute Myocardial Infarction (heart attacks)
~Stroke as well as Angioplasty

MC-4232 is being tested for it's affects on:
~Hypertension - (Abnormally High Blood Pressure)
~Diabetes

MC-4262 is being tested for it's affects on Metabolic Syndrom.

MC-45308 is being tested for it's affects on Thrombosis (Clots in blood vessels).

MC-5422 is being tested for it's affects on Ischemic Reperfusion.

****MPH's drug Candidate MC-45308 in preclinical research is considered a Breakthough in preventing blood clots as it has demonstrated both Anti-platelet and Anti-coagulant effects...

Dr Friesen stated "A drug of this nature currently is non existent within the Antithrombotic marketplace!"

****Sept.14/05 MPH announced positive Ph2 results for their drug MC-4232 in a matched study with MC-1 and the Ace Inhibitor Lisinopril in the treatment of patients with coexisting diabetes and hypertension, and demonstrated it was safe and well tolerated at all dose levels.

Dr Friesen stated "The Matched trial has exceeded our expectations, demonstrating the outstanding clinical benefits of MC-4232!"

****Dec.5/05 MPH announced positive Ph2 results for MC-1 in the MEND-CABG Trial with amazing results such as the 46.9% reduction in non fatal Myocardial Infarction.

Dr. Friesen stated "The strong efficacy signal observed with MC-1 in MEND-CABG, highlighted by the statistically significant reduction in heart attacks, have exceeded our own expectations, and clearly warrants advancing MC-1 into Pivotol Ph3 developement.

They're expecting a TON of news in a very short period of time. Likely by the end of March or April we will have announcements on all of the following:

1) MC-1 Phase3 begins for MEND-CABG and Matched studies for ACS.
2) MC-4232 Phase3 begins.
3) MC-4262 Phase2 begins.
4) MC-45308 Phase1 begins.
5) MC-5422 Pre-Clinical Trials begin.
6) Results of Phase2, MC-1 MEND-CABG, Post Operative 90 day data.
7) Partnership agreement for the Phase3 trials with a Large Pharma.

It's absolutely incredible how everything is coming together at the same time, and most investors are thinking of only one or two potential news releases. Geeeesh. When this thing blows, it'll blow the top off the Biotech Sector Lid. There's just so much on the plate here I can't comprehend how Dr.Friesen and the management team keep it all organized. If there's delays, I understand why. Keep in mind as well that these potential announcements don't even include the rest of the "Behind the Scenes" stuff such as other R&D, Running the day to day business, obtaining new Board members, upcoming Patents not yet recieved but applied for, Biotec Conferences etc....

We're sitting on a Powder Keg and the fuse is lit!!

Medicure has a Great Website...... http://www.medicure.com/

Cheers..... Dead

http://stockcharts.com/def/servlet/Favorites.CServlet?obj=ID871828

ScottishTrader

Have a look at Radcom (RDCM) - another very nice channelling stock - just noticed it last night, havenb't played it though :-[

Deadb440

Hi.  My take on Radcom may not appear as rosey.  Looking at my chart it appears to be breaking down fairly strong from an ascending triangle which may give support on the 32 day ma but if it breaks the uptrend then expect it to fall within Andrew's Pitchfork which I've drawn in black.

eliteG

Quote from: Deadb440 on March 09, 2006, 07:46:37 PM
Hi.  My take on Radcom may not appear as rosey.  Looking at my chart it appears to be breaking down fairly strong from an ascending triangle which may give support on the 32 day ma but if it breaks the uptrend then expect it to fall within Andrew's Pitchfork which I've drawn in black.

Hey Deadb as a TA fan I cant help but like the chart work you do, really great work!  Looking forward to seeing more of your charts.  Good-trading man   8)

ScottishTrader

Dead,

I see what you're saying, and see the negative divergence in MACD and RSI, but RDCM has tagged (or almost) the trendline once again yesterday.  If we get a positive move today, the ascending triangle breakout is still in play, but it is critical that this long term ascending trendline does not get broken.  I have no position here, and will be interested to see how it reacts today.

Hopefully the whole market will react a little better today after what has been a really rough week.  Whole lotta red out there  >:D

Deadb440

I posted an updated RDCM chart on the Ascending Triangle thread......

ScottishTrader

Hey Deadb,

Applaud - looks like you called it perfectly on RDCM - broke down out of the AT and is now forming a bearish trend down your pitchfork.  Nice work!!

beroznikmal

#8
Deadb and Scottish,

If you draw RDCM on a non-log chart, it seems that it tested the support line. Please check it out and let me know what you guys think. I think if it breaks last nights low then a sell confirmed.
Infact, it might be settingup for a ascending triangle. Comments would be much appreciated.

I have noticed that the both of you use the log scale, could you please explain to me why?

Thanks
B
Up and down it goes, where it ends nobody knows....Or do we.....;)

Quasi

#9
Quote from: beroznikmal on April 01, 2006, 03:38:50 PM

I have noticed that the both of you use the log scale, could you please explain to me why?


Hi beroznikmal,

Just checking out the site, all very interesting and great posters here, thought I might add my two cents worth re log scale.  I always use it for long term analysis, just makes looking at the chart and analysis easier, ie price action is linear as percent profit.  So if you double in a 1 inch vertical rise on the chart, your next double will be another 1 inch, and your next double will be another 1 inch, etc etc.

Included a couple of quick charts below that really show the difference quite well I think.  Also CJC.to is one I used to own, great long run for this example, unfortunately it was earlier in my TA learning curve and didn't make anywhere what I should have made on it.

First chart is linear and second chart is log scale.  (Actually it is semi-log as it is only the vertical price action which is log scale, the horizontal time scale is liinear,  but the chart guys just call it log) 

Happy trading / investing
Quasi

JMHO subject to change without notice,
Happy Investing / Trading

Quasi

Deadb440

Hi Guys.  Sorry but been away.  Will chat later but take a look at BioPure...


Deadb440

Yep that BPUR looked ugly as it was reaching the end of the descending triangle for a Breakdown.  But not nearly as Ugly as RDCM.  Holy Cr@pola. :'( >:D  I guess it had been a few days since I really checked in here and wasn't paying attention.  I wasn't expecting the stock to crash.  Only to stay within the Bearish Pitchfork.  Not nice at all and I hope everyone holding it bailed in advance.

As far as using Log vs Linear style charts.  Plain and simple.  I  find them much easier to read for everything from candles to patterns and anything else inbetween.  I like to stick with what I know.  Took me quit awhile to teach myself T/A online and now I'm so busy applying the little knowledge I have in my free time that I can't go onto the next step without taking some time off from my real job.  I always keep my eyes and ears open however for any new or different methods/signals to make things easier that I haven't perhaps looked at b4.  Dead

Deadb440

Here's two Stocks trading with extended Bull Flags and both are set to make 20-30% on the breakouts which for both I would expect before the end of April....