3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

G-TA: Thursday 3/23/2006

Started by eliteG, March 23, 2006, 10:35:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

calguy

Talk about computer connection problems today. My Scottrade Elite has been down for hours as I watch my balance go down. SUCKS big time.
Was wondering about your take on ILMN. seems to be forming a downtrand but keeps going back up after each drop.
Think I should cover on the next drop or hold for a while longer??
Thanks!!
BTW....Great board, this adds value to my subscription.

eliteG

Quote from: gmarc66 on March 23, 2006, 11:23:41 AM
MMAM, moving well here.....is that a cup and handle on the chart? Is this going to skyrocket...pps is moving at hod as i type...pps is .128, wondering if still good to get in?

thnx!


CONGRATS G ON YOUR NEW HOME BASE!!! WOO HOOO!!!


JULIA

thx Julia  :) - MMAM - yea hmm thats nice.. i think this move will be able to be sustained and continue tomorrow due to the nice hammer from yesterday.. would like to see some more volume but its nice..thx julia  ;) watch MMAM

Quote from: KCScott on March 23, 2006, 11:24:12 AM
G,

Looking at a short of Palm at 20.60 - Earnings release today after market close

Thoughts?



Hey KC, PALM plays over earnings are very risky.. you talking about a daytrade?  and please no charts unless you have some TA on them  ;)

Quote from: REALDEALS21 on March 23, 2006, 11:25:54 AM
Hey G, PRGX is looking safe and sound ?? Let me know ! ;D

Lets see REALDEALS.. PRGX - that is kind of a nice bounce today..but its not enough for me.. its gotta show that it also wants higher..so I would wait it out for more confirmation.

Quote from: lalitha0 on March 23, 2006, 11:26:46 AM
Hi G,

It is great to have you back. Thanks for this thread.

What do you think about ADVC and PTSC for the long term, I have a few shares left in each

I am watchin QPSA AND ARXG - are these buys?

thanks

Lalitha

thx Lalitha  8) ooh lots of tickers there, lol

ADVC -  it had that nice volume run up..very nice.. but now its trying to find its support..low volume..hasnt found it yet  ;)  thats as long-term as I can get  ;)

PTSC - I'm gonna go ahead and call this a nice flag.. after such a run up.. its amazing to still be above the 20 ema.. but that might change soon.. I would say it would be a cool pickup around $1 but I like to wait for confirmation.

QPSA and ARXG - patterns look nice but I like higher volume levels than this at these lower price levels to show me big-money is interested.






eliteG

STOCKCHARTS.COM back up.. woohoo.. well hopefully

Quote from: calven on March 23, 2006, 11:39:39 AM
Quick comments on each would be appreciated... ;)

TIE
CYOS
BRST



Thanks ,
cal

Hey cal  8)

TIE - just nice and flat up here in the price pattern.. with lots of support below and dwindling volume.. I dont think its done with its move but the market being weak might have a different view... with this low extremely low volume day and possible NR7(narrowest range in 7 days)  I would like for the next high volume day's direction to be maintained.

CYOS - now it might be a safer entry but you are unsure of direction.. I would stay away and just watch it.. its not ready yet.

BRST - pinksheet with no volume.. no way.

Quote from: calguy on March 23, 2006, 11:42:13 AM
Talk about computer connection problems today. My Scottrade Elite has been down for hours as I watch my balance go down. SUCKS big time.
Was wondering about your take on ILMN. seems to be forming a downtrand but keeps going back up after each drop.
Think I should cover on the next drop or hold for a while longer??
Thanks!!
BTW....Great board, this adds value to my subscription.

Thx calguy  8)

ILMN - is being stubborn but not all plays go in one direction.. I think we timed this short perfect and its got a lot more to give.


akclide

your take on ARTX.
Defense sector hot.Company provides defense products.Volume increasing gradually.Thanks

fous

Sup G, what you think about RSHN.pk. Chart is very bullish with heavy volume the last couple weeks. Volume is diminishing though may be somethin to get into on a dip.

-fous
trade it like you mean it!

eliteG

Quote from: akclide on March 23, 2006, 12:01:38 PM
your take on ARTX.
Defense sector hot.Company provides defense products.Volume increasing gradually.Thanks


ARTX - possible bottom..nice support nearby..volume not fantastic.. maybe wait for a strong break of .50(with volume) but I like it thx for the heads up.  8)

Quote from: fous on March 23, 2006, 12:05:47 PM
Sup G, what you think about RSHN.pk. Chart is very bullish with heavy volume the last couple weeks. Volume is diminishing though may be somethin to get into on a dip.

-fous

Sup Fous  8) - RSHN - nice move..nice volume.. support a bit away @ .0030.. hard to say on this one.. and with pinks I like to be very safe  ;)

dcrlin

Hi G,

Do you like any of these, buy high and sell higher? how to find good entry?

CHRS--uptrend on all timeframe
RADN--uptrend monthly and weekly, daily above 50ma
FCFS-- uptrend on all timetrame

Thanks.

dcrlin

eliteG

Quote from: dcrlin on March 23, 2006, 12:16:00 PM
Hi G,

Do you like any of these, buy high and sell higher? how to find good entry?

CHRS--uptrend on all timeframe
RADN--uptrend monthly and weekly, daily above 50ma
FCFS-- uptrend on all timetrame

Thanks.

dcrlin

Hey dc.. thats my favorite concept! buy high sell higher  8)

CHRS - I like the retail group but maybe can pick thi sone up a bit lower ~ 14.25(halfway on its tall white yesterday)

RADN - might be a good pickup here.. about to confirm a sort of double-bottom.. I'm not crazy about it but with a stop ~ 14.50 might be nice.

FCFS - looked strong and then it met its match at the psych out number of $20.. but my guess is soon it will overcome the psych out and continue higher.. nice volume on the climb.. I will keep an eye..thx

calven

#23
NNVC - Momentum uptrend in a hot sector....cooling off recently - whens a good time to get back in?  2.30 seems good to me... thoughts please.

Thanks,
cal
StockGravity.com - The Forces that Move Stocks!
http://www.stockgravity.com

eliteG

Quote from: calven on March 23, 2006, 12:32:17 PM
NNVC - Momentum uptrend in a hot sector....cooling off recently - whens a good time to get back in?  2.30 seems good to me... thoughts please.

Thanks,
cal

NNVC - 3 strong bars down and volume hasn't kicked up to show support is there.. in fact volume never really came in on the upkick either.. I would not look to pick up NNVC... but perhaps if volume comes in around the 20ema-50sma.. it might make a move.. but again for a pink I take extra precauitions.

semserus

HI G,
Take a look - HIV , BKMP, DNAG , PCCE

What Do YOU think ??

Thanks

eliteG

Quote from: semserus on March 23, 2006, 12:41:00 PM
HI G,
Take a look - HIV , BKMP, DNAG , PCCE

What Do YOU think ??

Thanks

Hey sem  8)

HIV - I see higher bottoms(sep,jan,march).. interesting volume today but not enough evidence to conclude its ready to go higher.. tough resistance above.

BKMP - would not consider this price pattern one bit.

DNAG - at an ascending support line with 50sma backing it up but I would not look to enter because no proof that support is here.. this is one I could only pick up on the way up, like MMAM  ;)

PCCE - I dont like these .000x priced ones although the volume kinda makes it interesting.. I would stay away.

dez

Hello G,

Could you comment on a position in the DIA puts.  The short term market seems headed down.  Technically, how much of a drop is ahead, short term?

Dez

eliteG

Quote from: dez on March 23, 2006, 01:27:19 PM
Hello G,

Could you comment on a position in the DIA puts.  The short term market seems headed down.  Technically, how much of a drop is ahead, short term?

Dez

Hi Dez, well the DIA is tied to the DJIA.. I feel more bearish on the short-term for the Nasdaq but normally they run together so you could say there is a negative divergence between the DJIA and the Nasdaq making this a pretty interesting idea(the puts) I see at least 11100 retrace on DJIA.. if this a top you might have a lot more.  ;)

calguy

Thanks for your take on ILMN. I just double my position at 25.66 and wait for another drop.
What do you think about TFSM? I'm short on it as it is falling from a recent runup to 10. I think it goes back to the 8's.
Would you agree with that opinion??
Thanks again.