3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

VPHM - Sector: Healthcare---Industry: Biotechnology & Drugs

Started by eliteG, June 02, 2005, 08:52:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loffigus

Do you suppose this is a good time for buying?  I bought some shares today at $17.27 thinking I was buying them low.  By the time the end of session hit, I could not believe it!
I usually put a stop in, but I didn't do it today for whatever reason.  Thanks to that, I am down $1,100 today from this trade.   I should have sold my shares when it teetered around the $17.00 area, but I thought that it wound bounce... Just love the market!   :o

basonista

I love it when the markets put the stock of an outstanding company on sale. >:D  It's been done to VPHM a couple of times recently and each time it's bounced back pretty quickly.  Nothing has changed with this company and in fact, their business should surely get better with time.  Michael is a big fan of VPHM so I'm sure he's looking at the stock again at this discounted level.  Bought a partial position today around the close and will move to a full position if this rebounds as expected.  If a rebound doesn't materialize, then we have to consider that something is wrong with the company and the stock is reflecting this.  I'm betting on the rebound. ;)

usedcasting

Went down and touched the 200ma & 200ema yesterday. Will this give support. This is a tempting level for re-entry.

uc.
Know when to hold'em, know when to fold'em

echo

Quote by bocavsa:

QuoteI think VPHM is still working itself down to the Wolf-Wave target, what do you guys think?

I think you nailed it right on the head!

If it bounces here it might be a good time to enter (or reenter in my case)
There's always a bull market somewhere and I promise to bla bla bla bla........

bocasva

Quote from: ultra1066 on March 17, 2006, 08:48:02 AM
Quote by bocavsa:

QuoteI think VPHM is still working itself down to the Wolf-Wave target, what do you guys think?

I think you nailed it right on the head!

If it bounces here it might be a good time to enter (or reenter in my case)

Thanks Ultra, I will re-enter this morning on first signs of bounce......

Loffigus


la-onda


ncham

has anyone figured out whats happening here? there must be some news we're missing.

Lucas Scott

The good news: It's up 10% from its lows. The bad news: It's still down 16% on the day.

VPHM is making a great case agains fundamental analysis. It's not possible to know all the fundamental inputs that affect the stock price. The biggest one being the future. The stock might be trading at a buck when we find out their main drug causes mutation and death in 98% of the population.  At that point, such news would probably cause the stock to bounce. Unbelievable.
GO IN THAT HOUSE OF PAIN THAT YOU SEEM TO WANT TO BE IN, BUT GET AWAY FROM ME.  I'M TRYING TO WORK, DAMMIT.

KCScott

Wow........

Picked up 1,000 at 12.77 - and not feeling too secure with that.

I've never seen a snowball of that magnitude - live anyway

No news, and the stock dives this hard this fast?

Those that think money can't buy happiness, don't know where to shop

AussieTrader

Lucas, I know you have Weinsteins book at your desk. This is his type of chart based on his stage analysis.
AussieTrader
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

Se7en

Així és la Catalunya, així és el Barça! Mès que un club!!!

ncham

i had a feeling Cramer mentioning this stocks was a bad sign. too bad i didnt get out then.

Se7en

DJ ViroPharma Dn 18%; Concerns For A Faster Vancocin Genericmake any sense
Així és la Catalunya, així és el Barça! Mès que un club!!!

Loffigus

This has taught me a lesson - ALWAYS set a stop loss.