3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

VPHM - Sector: Healthcare---Industry: Biotechnology & Drugs

Started by eliteG, June 02, 2005, 08:52:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stocky

Well goodluck for all those who still hold it :) I dont :(. But one thing I know about VPHM that it swings wildly. So if you plan to start a position you may be in for a little surprise. PULLBACK. Though its very tough to pray for pullback with this bull. But we may have one.

stocky

And I will be jumping back when that happen :)

Michael

#77
Hi Stocky,

Take a second look at the chart. How many pull backs do you see since the stock was below 2? I wish you the best of luck but don't wait too long!

The press release today was another confirmation of the positive development of the company. I especially like this part:

"We will continue to focus on execution in all areas of our business, including our efforts to identify non-equity dilutive alternatives to manage the remaining 2007 subordinated notes."

Meaning that they are going to use cash to pay back the subordinated notes. Not only will that incease EPS but it is also a clear signal that they are earning a lot of money from Vancocin.
Michael Bang Koenig
www.3stocksonfire.org


      Join our Message Board.

setravis

Wow! Action..........
"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis

eliteG

what a great stock!  notice how RSI has stayed overbought...this one aint stoppin ;)

setravis

I see that RSI, she got up there and was the hang out zone.
I believe this has power to run more.Its awesome :o
"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis

la-onda

any comments on this AH news:

ViroPharma to convert notes into shares
Tue Jul 5, 2005 05:03 PM ET
CHICAGO, July 5 (Reuters) - Biotechnology company ViroPharma Inc. (VPHM.O: Quote, Profile, Research) on Tuesday said it plans to convert the remaining $15.35 million in principal on its 6 percent convertible senior notes due in 2009 into 6.14 million shares of common stock.
The Exton, Pennsylvania-based company said it has reduced its outstanding debt by 57 percent over the past two months.


fill_the_gap

Just one opinion, do the research

stocky

Back in with regret to miss some run :(

Pete

#84
Michael, What's your target on this. I am thinking of closing half my position at the close today. Bought at  6.72, up about 31%. Suggestions please...
P








chuparosa

Hello Everyone!

I'm not a heavy trader, but I do take some risks.  I pay attention to the TA experts, but I also pay a strict attention to a company's fundamentals.  This stock appears to have good technicals and good fundamentals.   Ran across this stock here on this board this morning and bought today.  I expect volatility, but unless there is some really bad news out there, will buy some more when it pulls back.  This is really time-consuming, but I'm enjoying this website.  Hope I can make a meaningful contribution soon.

JVC689

If you go to the Yahoo VPHM message Board you will find newbies to people who have been in VPHM since 2000. Some have alleged holdings in excess of 100,000 shares and others have just a few hundred.

My position is at $6.55 for 3000 shares. It is useless to try and weave back in and out of this stock. There are now options available.

VPHM can go to $12 easily by the end of the year and perhaps $25 next year if Vancocin continues to be cash cow. If the cold viral product hits, VPHM is a moon shot.

I wish I could find a few other stocks with the fundies and techies oof VPHM.

All the best.

John

stocky

Seems like wont stop before 12.2, have to get back in :)

Long VPHM

Rogue Trader

Rogue Trader

Michael

Quote from: Pete on July 08, 2005, 12:42:23 PM
Michael, What's your target on this. I am thinking of closing half my position at the close today. Bought at  6.72, up about 31%. Suggestions please...
P

As usual the target is depending on your time horizon. This is one of the stocks that I wouldn't sell until it is around 20. I expect that their EPS this year will be around $1 - $1.2. and with a conservative PE at 20 it seems like fair value is 20. Then there is their Pipeline and especially their product for Common Cold (which we should start hearing news about soon) could really make this stock explosive.

If you want to limit you risk you might want to sell some at around $10, which could be a psychological resistance.

I am long from below 4 and I have still not sold a single share!
Michael Bang Koenig
www.3stocksonfire.org


      Join our Message Board.